Chapter 25

B1A4's New Roommate

 

Baro struggled to hastily put his phone on silent.

“Hyung!” Gongchan whispered with worry filled in his voice.

Baro fiddled in his pocket trying to find the right button to silence his phone before Jinyoung heard it.

Gongchan and Baro were sitting in ear shot to Jinyoung on the bus back to their dorms. Baro let out a sigh of relief when his phone stopped ringing.

“This wouldn’t be a problem if you didn’t have such an obvious ringtone.” Gongchan said with judgment in his words.

Baro rolled his eyes before giving Gongchan a playful yet firm punch on the shoulder. There was no way he was changing his ringtone to anything but Girls Generation.

Gongchan pulled Baro out of his fantasies when the bus reached their stop.

“Come on, hyung,” Gongchan said as he pulled Baro out of his seat.

Jinyoung walked into the dorm as if nothing had happened. He didn’t acknowledge an annoyed and somewhat sad looking Sandeul sitting on the couch waiting for him to arrive back home. He didn’t even acknowledge Sandeul when he asked if Mina had made it home okay. He walked into his room, shutting the door behind him before dropping on to his bed while letting out a long sigh.

Sandeul sat on the couch confused more than ever. It was obvious to him now, Jinyoung’s feeling for Mina were not what he thought. It wasn’t that Jinyoung hated Mina, he liked her, maybe even loved her.

“What do I do now? Do I let Jinyoung have her? Or do I keep her for myself?” Sandeul wondered out loud.

Just as he said that, Gongchan and Baro opened the door, running into the dorms.

“Where is Jinyoung hyung?” Gongchan yelled at Sandeul.

Sandeul looked at Gongchan and Baro confused before pointing towards Jinyoung’s room.

Gongchan ran towards the door of Jinyoung room. Before opening it he turned to Baro who had followed him to Jinyoung’s door.

“Let me handle this. I know how to talk to Jinyoung.” Gongchan said with confidence.

Baro shrugged his shoulders before walking to the kitchen.

“Hyung?” Gongchan asked after opened the door to Jinyoung’s room. Jinyoung didn’t answer. He just continued lying on his bed ignoring the rest of the world.

“You okay, hyung?” Gongchan asked as he came closer.

Jinyoung turned his head to look at Gongchan. “What am I doing?”

“Huh?” Gongchan asked confused.

“I know you guys followed me, so I know you saw.”

Gongchan’s heart dropped. Was Jinyoung mad at him?

“So what am I doing?” Jinyoung asked again.

“I-I’m not sure I’m following…” Gongchan admitted.

Jinyoung turned his head to look back up at the ceiling. “Why did I kiss her…?”

Gongchan let out a small laugh.

“It’s obvious hyung! You like her!” Gongchan snickered.

“Jinyoung turned to look at Gongchan once again. “I know that!” he snapped.

“Well that’s news to me! I thought you were clueless!” Gongchan retorted.

Jinyoung let out a loud laugh. Him? Clueless? He has known this whole time he liked Mina.

“What are you laughing at?”

Jinyoung finally sat up looking serious.

“Gongchan, I have known I have liked her from the moment I saw her.”

Gongchan was surprised. All this time he and Baro wasted time trying to get Jinyoung to realize his feelings.

“But, then why don’t you act like you like her? You’re so mean to her…”

“I thought that was the only way I could get her out of my head.”

Gongchan sat down next to Jinyoung, now interested in Jinyoung’s story.

“I saw the way Sandeul acted around her when she first moved in. And when I saw them becoming friends and how kind and sweet she was to him, I couldn’t deny that they looked good together. They looked better than she would with me. Plus, how often does a girl like Sandeul the most? They usually all fall for Baro.”

Gongchan nodded in agreement “That’s true.”

“So,” Jinyoung continued “I decided to try to give up on her. I didn’t want her to like me either, so for the both of us, I tried to make us hate each other. Every chance I got, I would argue with her, I’d make things inconvenient for her in hopes that she would hate me, and I would stop liking her.”

“It didn’t work?”

Jinyoung lowered his head. “No. It just made me like her more. I like her more and more each day. It’s hard to be mean to her. I want to do nice things for her and tell her how great she is. Do you know how hard that is?”

“Hyung, I think you might be being a little irrational though…” Gongchan started, but was too unsure of whether or not to finish in fear of Jinyoung’s reaction.

Jinyoung looked at Gongchan, urging him to continue.

“Well…why let something like that keep you from being nice to Mina?”

“She likes Sandeul now, it is pointless and even if she wasn’t, she wouldn’t like me now, she probably hates me.” Jinyoung said with pain in his voice.

“Then it’s simple! You just have to stop being mean to her and be nice! Maybe she will like you more than Sandeul hyung then!” Gongchan said with hope in his eyes.

Jinyoung shook his head “Yeah, maybe that’s what I’ll do!”

                                                                                                                                ~

“What’s wrong?” Jihyun asked as she walked into the room she was sharing with Minhee. She saw Minhee lying on the floor with her phone in her hand.

“Why do you look so depressed? And why are you lying on the floor?” Jihyun asked as she sat on the floor to get closer to Minhee.

“You will think I have gone crazy…” Minhee mumbled.

“What was that?” Jihyun was unable to hear Minhee’s barely audible sentence.

“You will think I have gone crazy.” Minhee says slightly louder.

“Crazy?”

Minhee sat up, her hair a mess. “Yes. Crazy.”

Jihyun gave Minhee a serious look. “What did you do?”

“I-I just called…” Minhee began

“Called who?” Jihyun was running out of patience.

“I called Baro.”

“You WHAT?!” Jihyun asked as she practically pounced on top of Minhee.

“I called him!”

“What happened? Did he answer? You asked him out right?” Questions continued to spill out of Jihyun’s mouth.

“He didn’t answer.” Minhee said disappointed.

Long time no see ! Sorry for the super duper late update. I feel so bad. Things have been realy busy at my house, but I had a little free time tonight, so I updated! I'll try to update more often! 

I can't wait to see what you guys think of this chapter! Enjoy your week!