Chapter 13

B1A4's New Roommate

 

On the plane, Mina sits by herself. Baro ended up takings the seat with Jihyun and Minhee, even after Minhee told him not too. Mina looked around, feelings a little sleepy from the day’s activities. She looked back at her friends behind her and watched as Baro tried so hard to talk to Minhee while she ignored him listening to her iPod. Jihyun just watched in amusement.

Mina turned around as someone sat next to her, startling her.

“I know you went out with Jinyoung today.” Hana said with obvious annoyance in her tone.

“Trust me, it wasn’t my choice.” Mina replied.

Hana scoffed. “You know, I don’t know what pisses me off more. The fact that Jinyoung associate with you, or the fact that you act like you don’t enjoy it.”

“It isn’t acting. I truly don’t enjoy it.”

Hana gave Mina a threatening look.

“I’m really tired of your games. I went easy on you until now, but now I’m not holding back. You took my time with Jinyoung away and I’m not going to forget about that.”

Hana looked Mina deep in the eyes, trying to intimidate her. Mina really didn’t care. She could care less about what Hana did and what her relationship with Jinyoung was.

Hana walked off, suddenly changing her mean personality into a cheerful one yelling Jinyoung’s name asking to sit with him. Mina rolled her eyes and sunk down in her seat. Even though she didn’t care for Jinyoung, it was still annoying how much Hana tried to mess with her.

Mina watched as Hana sat down into a row that Jinyoung and Shinwoo were sharing. Jinyoung was sitting at the window seat, while Shinwoo sat in the aisle seat with their bags in the middle seat for easy access. Hana picked up the bags, placing Jinyoung’s down gently, but dropping Shinwoo’s down without a care. She sat in the middle seat, wrapping her arms around Jinyoung’s right arm that was sharing the arm rest with her. Mina could hear Hana talking, but she couldn’t really make out what she was saying. Suddenly, Shinwoo quickly gets up out of his seat, throwing what he was holding on the floor before walking angrily back to the bathroom at the back of the plane. When he passed by Mina’s seat, she noticed how angry his face looked. It kind of scared her since she had never seen him that way.

After a while, Mina started to doze off before the plane was going to take off. She woke up to the plane leaving the runway and after that had a hard time falling back asleep.

Her thoughts wandered to many different things trying to take her mind off the boring flight. She wished she was sitting with her friends or someone so she had someone to talk to to pass the time.

Her thoughts stopped wandering once she started to remember the things she did today with Jinyoung. A smile formed on her face as she recalled how surprisingly out of character Jinyoung was today.

FLASHBACK:

“Mina, I was told you really like dolphins!” Akane kindly said to Mina as they walked back out towards the big tank after putting on a wetsuit.

Mina nodded as she saw Jinyoung also in wetsuit sitting with another girl near the edge of the tank.

“That’s good to hear!” Akane said, pointing Mina up the steps. Mina walked up, nearing the edge of the tank. Akane walked over towards the edge where Jinyoung and the other girl were sitting and put her feet in the water before dropping into the water. The other girl did the same and they both looked back at Mina and Jinyoung.

“Come on in, you two!” the pretty girl that was with Jinyoung said. Mina looked around her to make sure she was actually talking to them.

Jinyoung grabbed Mina’s hand pushing her forward in an annoyed manner.

“Pabo. Nobody else is here. Just get in.”

Mina reluctantly sat on the edge of the tank before pushing herself in. The cold water shocked her and she immediately contracted her arms towards her body with a shiver.

“Don’t worry, you’ll quickly get used to the temperature.” The other girl said. “By the way, my name is Yumi.” She added with a smile.

Mina introduced herself as Jinyoung also got into the water silently.

“We’re going to swim over there, okay?” Akane said pointing over to a gate that separating the tank they were in from another one that was towards the back of the room they were in.

They four swam over quickly, especially Mina. She wasn’t sure what was going on, but it seemed exciting. She had a hint of what was about to happen, but didn’t want to expect anything.

Akane opened the gate and two dolphins swam towards them. Mina’s eyes lit up, as the dolphins swam around her.

END OF FLASHBACK

Mina smiled again, but it was quickly replaced by a confused look.

“I wonder why he did that for me…” Mina wondered out loud to herself.

Out of nowhere, Sandeul sat himself down next to Mina.

“Who did what?” he asked in a goofy way.

“Nothing!” Mina said shaking her head. “What are you doing over here?” she asks quickly trying to change the subject.

“I’m so bored! Baro was supposed to sit with me, but he went to sit with your friends.” He said pointing back to Baro behind them.

“Hey, do you think he really likes Minhee?” Mina asked hoping that Sandeul would give her more information than Shinwoo did.

“I sure hope so. He’s really been annoying me lately.” Sandeul replied rolling his eyes.

“Annoying? How so?”

Sandeul blushed at her question. There was no way he was going to tell her the real reason.

“Uh…He just…talks a lot about how he wants a girlfriend!” he said after thinking of a reasonable answer.

“Oh” Mina replied a bit uninterested.

An awkward silence filled the air. Mina didn’t really have much to say and her thoughts were still preoccupied with her afternoon with Jinyoung. Sandeul on the other hand, was not speaking because he didn’t know what to say to her.

Mina looked at Sandeul confused by why he was still there. Sandeul’s eyes widened at her sudden gaze and Mina let out a small laugh at his reaction.

“Am I that ugly?” Mina joked giving him a small push as punishment.

“N-no! Not at all!” Sandeul said blushing. “You’re very pretty.” Sandeul added quietly.

Mina also blushed at Sandeul’s compliment and quickly turned her head away from him. Not many boys complimented her, especially not idol boys.

                                                                                                                                                                ~

After the plane landed, everyone went back to the dorms to go to sleep. The next day they were all back to their schedules and practices. Mina wasn’t looking forward to going back to living in a dorm so close to Jinyoung. She wasn’t sure how she was supposed to act around him now. Were they friends now? Was he still going to mean to her or was he going to be nice? The whole situation confused Mina and she wasn’t sure what to do. She went into her room without talking to anyone. She ignored all wishes of sleeping well and shut her door silently. She laid on her bed and let out a sigh before covering herself and falling asleep.

The next day at breakfast, Mina couldn’t help but notice that Shinwoo still seemed to be in a bad mood. He wasn’t smiling like he usually was and he wasn’t talking much to anyone. When he did, it was just a grunt or something quiet and mumbled. While the other boys were frantically getting ready before their schedule for the day, Mina quietly pulled Shinwoo into her room without anyone noticing.

“Is something bothering you?” She asked concerned.

“Nothing.” He replied in a tone that made it obvious that something was bothering him.

“It doesn’t seem like nothing!” she replied, earning a loud sign from Shinwoo as he dramatically dropped on to Mina’s bed and looked up at the ceiling.

“You’re right. It isn’t nothing.” He said somberly.

“Do you want to tell me? Maybe I can help.” Mina hoped he would tell her.

“I guess,” Shinwoo started, pausing first trying to think of what to say. “I’m just bothered that that girl that I like doesn’t like me back.”

Mina’s facial expression turned serious at the mention of the topic. Ever since she and Shinwoo talked about it yesterday she had been very interested in the story. She really wanted to know who the girl he liked was.

“Why do you say she doesn’t like you?”

Shinwoo laughed at her question like it was too obvious. “Her actions. She never even looks at me anymore. She likes someone else and doesn’t even want to be my friend.”

Mina felt really bad for Shinwoo, but she wasn’t sure what to say to help. To be honest, she hasn’t had much experience with guys, so love topics were not her specialty.

“Do you see her often?”

Shinwoo closed his eyes before answering. “Every day.”

“Every day? So is she a trainee? Or one of your fashion coordinators? They are all very pretty!” Mina said, wondering who it could be.

“She’s a trainee.”

Mina thought of all the girl trainees she knew, trying to think of which one it could be. Her mind went from girl to girl, thinking of the kind of qualities a girl that Shinwoo liked would have. Obviously she would be a very kind girl and pretty. She also thought she would be caring and fun to be around.

“Can I know her name?”

Shinwoo thought for a minute with his eyes still closed. Mina watched him trying to read his thoughts, but she couldn’t figure out exactly what he was thinking.

Shinwoo opened his eyes before answering “Kim Hana”.