Chapter 24

B1A4's New Roommate

 

To put things simply, Jinyoung was annoyed. He wasn’t sure why, but this morning had put him in a bad mood. He didn’t feel like going to his schedule today. It would be such a hassle to pretend to be a happy idol, when he wasn’t happy today.

If Sandeul was going to go out after their schedule today, he wanted to do something to, but what? Jinyoung sat on the edge of the bed, fiddling with the ends of his blanket trying to think of something interesting to do later in the day, but nothing seemed fun enough to get him out of this slump.

His eyes widened once he thought of the perfect idea. He hit himself in the head at the sudden realization.

“Why did I not think of this before?” he said to himself with a laugh.

Of course what would put him in a better mood would be what he has been doing this entire time just for fun.

Jinyoung looked up after hearing a knock at the door.

Mina was standing there peeking into the room.

“What do you want?” Jinyoung asked her rudely.

“I just…I left my phone in here.” Mina said running in the door quickly to get her phone. She ran back out without saying another word and shut the door.

Jinyoung looked at the door and let out a small laugh.

                                                                                                                                ~

Mina went home to spend the day waiting for her date with Sandeul at her own house. She was nervous for the date, but not as nervous as she thought she’d be. Maybe because she figured no matter how nervous she was Sandeul would always be more nervous.

Time moved so slowly. She got a shower and did her hair, makeup, and hot dressed way too early and now she was just sitting around waiting to hear from Sandeul. He never even told her when he’d be done. Or what they were doing. This was a very mysterious date.

Mina sat on the couch in her living room and eventually fell asleep.

                                                                                                                                ~

Sandeul walked up the stairs to Mina’s apartment building. He was worried because she wasn’t answering her phone. He was worried that maybe she changed her mind and didn’t want to go out with him today anymore. He pushed the bad thoughts out his mind and tried to stay positive.

He took in a big breath, trying to clear his nervousness before knocking on the door.

No answer.

This wasn’t going to be the end. He knocked again this time a little louder.

Still no answer.

He wasn’t going to give up now. After getting the courage to kiss her and to ask her out, he wasn’t going to give up just because she isn’t opening the door. He lifted his arm up again to knock.

The door swings open just as he is about to knock again revealing a flustered Mina.

“I’m so sorry!” Mina slightly bows.

Sandeul lets out a small laugh. “It’s okay! No need to be so formal.” He reaches out to grab her hand. “Come on, let’s go!”

He leads her down the stairs and out the building to the street. He didn’t really know where he was going. He didn’t have much of a plan. He was just glad to be in her company.

Mina thought it was strange that as soon as Sandeul took her hand, her nervousness disappeared. She felt happy with him.

“Where are we going?” Mina asked looking up at Sandeul, who was standing next to her looking back and forth while trying to decide where to go.

“I’m not really sure…” Sandeul said with a nervous laugh. “Are you hungry?”

Mina nodded, and Sandeul pulled her along.

“This is one of my favorite restaurants.” Sandeul said as the two walked into a small restaurant.

The two sat and ate happily, chatting about their days and anything that came to their mind.

They both really were having a great time, and they enjoyed each other’s company. As time moved, Sandeul became more comfortable and less nervous around Mina. He was able to talk and laugh freely with her.

“I’m really glad I got the courage to ask you out.” Sandeul said as he finished his last bite of food.

“I am too.” Mina said shyly.

“You made me really nervous a lot, you know?” Sandeul laughed. “I was such a fool around you.”

“I’ve seen you on television; you’re a fool even when I’m not around!” Mina joked.

Sandeul faked a pout. “I suppose you are right…”

“Come on, I want to take you somewhere, now!” Mina said after Sandeul paid for their meal.

The gentle breeze pushed Mina’s hair around as she led Sandeul to their next date location. The sun was starting to set, and the sky was a pretty pink and purple mixed with orange. For it being Sandeul and Mina’s first date, Mina thought it was a little cliché that the scenery would be so romantic and beautiful.

Sandeul turned to look at Mina’s face as they walked down the street. He was taken aback by how beautiful she was at this time. She didn’t look too made up, but instead was naturally beautiful. Her long curly strands of hair were blowing in the breeze, brushing up against her cute chubby cheeks that were flushed with pink.

He reached down to take Mina’s hand and laced his fingers with hers.

“We’re here!”

Sandeul looked around to see that while he was busy admiring Mina, they had been walking in a park.

“I really like coming to this fountain. I’m not really sure why.” Mina said trailing off as she sat down on the side of the fountain.

“It’s an ordinary fountain. It isn’t really beautiful or anything, but it has always brought me comfort.”

Sandeul listened to her as he looked in the fountain. Many people must come there to throw their coins in to make wishes, because it was filed with money.

“Do you make wishes?” He asked her.

“Oh, many times!” Mina answered. “Do you want to?” she asked as she took two pennies out of her pocket.

Sandeul took on of the coins and closed his eyes. What was there to wish for? He was already on a perfect date with a perfect girl, and he was living his dream as a singer with his friends. There wasn’t anything he could possibly want.

He noticed Mina throw her coin in, so he made a quick wish and threw his in too.

“What did you wish for?” Mina asked

“Not telling! It won’t come true if I do!” Sandeul said with a wink.

Mina nodded, understanding.

“What did you wish for?” Sandeul said as he looked at Mina slyly.

Mina reached her hand in the fountain and splashed some water at Sandeul. “Do you think I’ll tell you when you didn’t tell me?” she said as she pretended to be angry.

“Yah!” Sandeul yelled in surprise from feeling the cold water on his face.

                                                                                                                                ~

“What are you doing, hyung?” Gongchan asked Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was sitting on the couch looking through his phone.

“Planning.” Jinyoung answered simply.

“Planning?” Gongchan asked confused. “For what?”

“For later.” Jinyoung answered.

Gongchan gave him a weird look and walked away, not caring enough to listen to Jinyoung’s ambiguous answers anymore.

Jinyoung sent a text and then put his phone down. He dropped his head back to his the back of the sofa and let out a sigh. Sandeul had been going for two and a half hours and he was getting impatient. He hoped Sandeul would bring Mina back to the dorms; otherwise, his plan wouldn’t work.

He sat on the couch, letting his thoughts flow freely through his mind. He was surprised by how often Mina came back into his mind. It was starting to get annoying how often her appearances were. Jinyoung hit himself in the head, trying to push her out of his head.

Jinyoung heard a knock at the door and let out a sigh as if to prepare him for what was to come.

Gongchan ran over excitedly to answer the door. It wasn’t often they had visitors, so he hoped it would be someone fun.

“Where is Jinyoungie?” Gongchan heard as soon as he opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” Gongchan asked. Hana wasn’t exactly the fun person he was hoping for.

“Jinyoung invited me.” She said, pushing Gongchan aside to let herself inside.

She ran over to the couch and practically jumped on top of Jinyoung.

“I’m so happy you invited me over!” she said as she nuzzled his arm.

Gongchan looked on in astonishment before rolling his eyes at her behavior.

Jinyoung pushed Hana away from his arm. “I didn’t invite you over to act like this.” He said annoyed.

Hana tried to cling to him more and act like he was her boyfriend, but Jinyoung stood his ground and continued to ignore her.

Gongchan watched confused as to why Jinyoung even invited her over if he was going to ignore her the whole time.

Everyone in the living room looked up as they heard the front door opened, revealing a very happy looking Sandeul and Mina.

“We’re back!” Sandeul sang as he took his shoes off.

Mina waved to Gongchan and scanned the room. She was surprised to see Hana there. She let out a small chuckle after seeing Hana try to get close to Jinyoung only to have him push her away.

“Did you have a good time?” Gongchan asked

“Yeah, it was really fun!” Mina said with a smile.

“You guys kissed, didn’t you?” Baro asked as he walked into the room.

Both Sandeul and Mina blushed shyly and didn’t answer.

‘You guys went on a date?” Hana asked.

Mina nodded.

“Yah, Jinyoung, we should go on a date too.” Hana said poking Jinyoung’s side.

“Okay, we will.” Jinyoung answered as he put his arm around Hana with a smile.

The room suddenly became quite as everyone watched the scene in front of them.

“Really?!” Hana asked surprised.

“Of course!” Jinyoung said with a laugh as he pulled Hana closer to him.

Hana smiled in victory. The moment she had been waiting for had finally come true.

Gongchan couldn’t believe it. From what he could see, Jinyoung was being serious and it was really freaking him out. Had he been wrong this whole time? Did Jinyoung really not like Mina?

“I should probably get going…” Mina announced.

“No, why don’t you stay and hang out for a bit longer?” Jinyoung spoke up with a sly smile.

“O-okay, I guess…” Mina answered back.

She didn’t know why, but the smile on Hana’s face was really bothering Mina. She hated seeing it and if not hanging out with her friends meant she’d never see it again, then so be it. But the happy look on Sandeul’s face when she said she’d stay made her stay.

“I’ll get a drink then…” Mina said as she walked into the kitchen.

Jinyoung pushed Hana off of him and got up to follow Mina into the kitchen.

“Was your date really that good?” he asked her with doubt in his voice.

Mina shut the fridge after taking out some water and turned around to look at Jinyoung. She looked him straight in the eyes with smirk.

“Yeah, it really was.”

“I wonder if Sandeul feels the same…” Jinyoung said while pretending to think.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, after seeing me ask out Hana, maybe he is a little jealous that his girl isn’t as beautiful or y as mine.” Jinyoung said proudly.

“Excuse me?” Mina was getting really annoyed now. “I’ll have you know that I’m plenty beautiful and y!”

“I have yet to see that.” Jinyoung says with a snort.

“You continue to surprise me.” Mina replied amazed and walks out into the living room to sit next to Sandeul on the floor.

Jinyoung follows and sits back to Hana and puts his arm back around her.

Mina sees this, so she grabs Sandeul’s hand aggressively and puts it in hers and glares at Jinyoung. Jinyoung glares back at her, as if he is accepting her challenge.

“Do you need anything, babe?” he asks a surprised Hana.

“N-No, I’m okay, thanks.” She replies, taken aback by Jinyoung’s sudden behavior.

“I had a really great time today.” Mina coos as she snuggles up to Sandeul’s arm.

“Me too.” He replies with a smile as he pat her on the head.

“What do you want to do when we have out date?” Jinyoung asks Hana.

“I’m not really sure…whatever you want to do!”

“I’ll be happy doing anything as long as it is with you.” Jinyoung fakes a smile.

Mina scoffs at his cheesiness.

“Did you know that you’re the most talented member in B1A4? Your singing is the best…and you are the most attractive.” Mina says to Sandeul before giving Jinyoung another glare.

Sandeul lets out an awkward laugh. “Is that so?”

Mina looks at Jinyoung to see what his next move will be. At this point, Gongchan and Baro have been watching the two back and forth like a tennis match. The two boys looked at Jinyoung, awaiting his next cheesy line to Hana.

Jinyoung turns the Hana, wondering what else he could say. He needed something that would really make Mina mad, but not offend Sandeul.

There was nothing else for him to say. Jinyoung sighed, ready to accept defeat. He looked over at Mina, ready to give her a look as if to say “you won”. Seeing Mina glare at him gave him an idea. It was risky, but it could work.

He looked back to Hana, who looked a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it was Jinyoung’s sudden affection or maybe it was all the tension in the room.

He reached his hand out and brushed some of her hair back. Hana gasped when she felt Jinyoung’s finger brush up against her cheek.

Jinyoung leaned closer to her cheek, ready to kiss it. He moved his eyes to try to catch Mina’s reaction, but right now she looked like she couldn’t care less about what was happening in front of her. He needed to do something more. He reached his hand up and grabbed Hana’s chin, pulling her face to look at him. He pushed his lips onto hers, not waiting for Hana’s approval.

Gongchan dropped his head in his hands, embarrassed by Jinyoung’s stupidity.

Jinyoung pulled back and shot a glare at Mina. She stared back at him, annoyed at his actions. He winked at her and his lips curled into a smirk as he pulled Hana in close to him.

“I need to go home now.” Mina said standing up.

“Oh, I’ll take you!” Sandeul said getting up after Mina.

“I’ll take her.” Jinyoung said as he stood up from the couch.

“Sandeul will take me.” Mina said to Jinyoung.

“Sandeul can’t. He needs to stay at the dorm.”

“Why?!” Sandeul whined.

“Because I said so.”

Sandeul sat back down, knowing well he couldn’t disobey Jinyoung. They may be friends, but Jinyoung was the leader and when they were staying in the dorm they had to listen to him and trust his judgment. As much as he wanted to, he couldn’t take Mina home.

Mina walked towards the door and quickly put her shoes on and walked out the door, not bothering to wait for Jinyoung or ever say goodbye to Sandeul or the other boys. She was beyond angry at this point. Jinyoung had to compete with her, and now he had to take her home?

“You aren’t even going to wait for me?” Jinyoung yelled as he ran after Mina.

She looked back at him once she caught up and glared at him. “No.”

“I won, you know.” Jinyoung boasted.

“You didn’t win anything.”

“Oh, but I did.” Jinyoung continued to brag.

“All you won was an annoying girlfriend.” Mina replied as she quickened her pace.

Meanwhile, Baro and Gongchan snuck out of the dorm to follow. She sneakily ran after the two, trying hard to listen to their conversation.

On the bus, Mina sat in a different row than Jinyoung. He tried to sit next to her, but she got up from her seat and sat next to an older woman so Jinyoung couldn’t sit with her.

Neither of them noticed Baro or Gongchan who were hiding behind newspapers that someone left on the bus.

Mina stood up and exited the bus at her stop. Baro and Gongchan followed close behind, doing their best to remain unseen. Mina turned around to see that Jinyoung was following her off the bus.

“You’re still following me?”

“I don’t think your boyfriend would be very happy if I didn’t know if his girlfriend got home safe or not.” Jinyoung sneered.

“He isn’t my boyfriend.”

“Oh? He isn’t?” Jinyoung questioned.

“Can you just leave me alone? You are annoying me.”

Jinyoung pushes Mina against a nearby building. With his arms holding Mina’s shoulder’s back, she couldn’t move.

“No, I can’t leave you alone.” Jinyoung said gruffly.

Mina looked at Jinyoung confused by his action.

“What exactly are you doing?” She asked while looking into his eyes. It was weird, because he looked serious. He didn’t look like he was doing this just to annoy her anymore. He eyes looked sincere.

“Let go of me.” Mina squirmed, but Jinyoung didn’t let her free.

“Not yet.” Jinyoung said as he leaned closer to her.

Mina moved away so she wasn’t looking at him anymore. This position was making her uncomfortable and Jinyoung’s seriousness was strange.

“Look at me.” Jinyoung said sternly.

“Why?”

Jinyoung pulled Mina’s head up to meet him and he put his lips to her lips. He put his other hand back on her shoulder, pushing Mina back up against the building.

Mina couldn’t move. Even if she was able to, her body probably wouldn’t know what to do. Before she even had time to assess what was happening, Jinyoung pulled back.

“I’ll trust that you can get home from here yourself?”

I'm sorry this took so long for me to write. For some reason it was really difficult..
I cant wait to read all of your comments for this chapter...so many Sandeul feels and so many Jinyoung feels! ah who to choose? hehe

I hope you enjoyed it! ^^

Also, do you guys like my new poster? One of my favorite readers made it for me! It's so great!!