Why Were You So Calm?

Thicker Than Blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9zXTiAn7M

~

Shin stopped and said, "I know you're there."

A figure stepped out of the shadows and said, "You and that amazing hearing of yours."

Shin answered, "Don't act modest. You have better sight."

L shrugged, "True."

"Is there a reason you're tailing me?"

L paused, "Just...curious."

Shin raised an eyebrow, "About what?"

"You knew she would be with us. Not only that, you knew she'd be with seven guys. Seven gang members. What made you send her to us?"

Shin smirked, "Is that really it?"

L's expression was blank, "I'm not here to start a fight with you. I really just want to know what's in your head."

Shin turned to L, "Pity you won't ever know what's in my head."

L rolled his eyes, "Can you just answer my question?"

Shin answered, "I trust her. I knew she wouldn't be going off with guys to cheat on me. She's clumsy but she's not stupid. Why tell your boyfriend you're going to be with other guys?"

L stated, "Okay. Then why did you send her with us? We're Infinite, Cross Gene's rivals. We could have killed her."

Shin stared at L, "I didn't know she was close with the rest of Infinite. I did know she was with you."

L put on his best poker face, "So?"

"Don't play dumb with me Kim MyungSoo."

L frowned, "What?"

"You love her just as much as I do. There's no way in hell that I would have just let her go if you weren't going. You would never let her get hurt. You love her too much to let that happen."

L was silent, "How are you so sure."

"I'm not."

L looked up in surprise at his older brother.

"Sometimes you have to just trust the people..."

*You love.*

"Who aren't stupid."

L scoffed, "What an honor to know that you don't think that we're stupid."

Shin shrugged, "If that's all then..."

"One more thing."

Shin raised an eyebrow and lazily stared at L, "What?"

"How are you so sure I'm not going to steal __________ away?"

Shin turned around and walked a few steps before saying, "I'm not."