Selfish.

Thicker Than Blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDQPkkhGrKo

~

The next school day, you were determined to make things right with L.

Glancing at his empty seat you blew a raspberry and sighed, *Is he going to be absent again?*

Putting your head down on the desk in front of you, your eyes flittered to L's seat when you heard rustling and footsteps.

You saw that he was in his seat next to you, the only difference was that he wasn't looking you.

Opening your mouth to speak to him, you were cut off when the professor walked in and began his lecture.

*I'll talk to him after class! We have the next class together too!*

The moment the professor dismissed the class, L swiftly got up and sped to his next class.

Sighing heavily, you entered the lecture hall and sat next to him.

"MyungSoo-"

At that precise moment, the professor entered and began.

You clutched your hair in frustration, angrily opening your laptop and typing furiously.

When the lecture was over, L got up and left quickly again.

*WHY IS HE SO FAST?*

Speedwalking to match his pace, you tripped and landed on the ground with a loud 'crash'.

Thankfully a lot of students weren't around since it was still pretty early.

L paused, *Did she...fall?*

You bit your lip and tried to get up without dirtying your scraped and bruised knees.

Looking up in L's direction, your expression fell when you realized he had already left.

*He...really...left?*

Tears welled up in your eyes, *I'm a really horrible person. I deserve to be treated like this by MyungSoo oppa-*

"Aigoo what am I going to do with this clumsy baby?"

Your eyes flickered towards the voice that was now crouched in front of you.

"Myung...Soo..op...pa..."

He didn't respond, instead he gently dusted your hands inspecting them for scratches.

L clucked his tongue at the sight of your knees, "It's freezing outside but you're wearing...tights? That's why your knees are all bloodied up babo-yah."

You didn't say anything, afraid that you would start bawling if you opened your mouth.

L glanced at your shoes, "Yah when you come to school you don't have to wear heels that high. You trip on thin air, what are you thinking wearing shoes like that?"

He met eyes with you and smiled, "If you're worried about how you look, don't be."

The tears that gathered slid down your cheeks, L blinked in alarm, "Y-Yah why are you crying?!"

You wailed and threw your arms around his neck, "Oppa..!"

L blinked in surprise but placed his arms around you, "I-I-I thought y-you were really mad at m-me."

He held you at arms' length, "Mad at you? Never. This oppa promises to you, there is nothing you could ever do that would ever make me mad at you."

You bit your lip, "Even if I can't accept your confession?"

L feigned ignorance, "I'm not good-looking enough for you?"

You shook your head furiously, "N-no it's not that! It's just...I...have..a..boy....friend."

L plastered a smile on his face, "Oh...it's okay."

"You're not...upset?"

*Yes.*

"No... but next time you better get my approval before dating."

You gave him a soft smile, "I don't think there will be a next time.."

L swallowed hard and nodded, "That's good too."

You exhaled and said, "I know this is probably selfish of me but...can we..still be like old times?"

Even though it killed him, L ruffled your hair and grinned, "Of course _________-ah."