Stop making us worry about you

100 DAYS

“Excuse me, sir, but you’re not yet allowed to go in there. Dr. Lee gave me an instruction that—”

“I have an appointment with him, so if you’ll just excuse me.” Yunho walked pass the lady and went straight to Dr. Lee’s office.

“Seonsaengnim, do you really mean what you’ve just said on your message this morning?”

Dr. Lee Junki stared at him quite perplexed by his sudden appearance. When he calmed down himself he motioned Yunho to sit first.

“That’s why I need to talk to your parents first, Yunho-sshi. This is not—”

“I can decide for myself! I’m already 18 for goodness sake and I won’t­—”

“Please listen to me, first. The reason why I told you that, is for us to monitor your condition. It’ll be hard for us, and for you too, if we can’t see and know what you’re up to. I hope you can see what I am trying to point out here, Yunho-sshi.” Dr. Junki looked at him almost pleading.

But Yunho had a firm look on his face that he won’t change his mind whatever happens. Since he can’t do anything about that, Dr. Lee shook his head and heaved a deep sigh. “It will be hard on you, studying and receiving medication at the same time.”

“I can manage it.” Yunho said firmly, his face is serious as if closing a business deal.

* * *

“Hey, Kibum, where did your brother go?”

“What do you mean? Don’t tell me he ditch his class?”

Yoochun and Jaejoong looked at each other, as though waiting for a cue to tell Kibum what had happened. “Actually, he didn’t show up for the entire morning class.”

“What?!” Junsu shrieked which caused the other students to look at them.

“I mean, he’s not the type to not show up in class, right?”

“And he’s the campus ultimate nerd.”

The younger Jung glared at Changmin, “What?! I’m just saying the truth!”

“My brother’s not a nerd.”

“He is.” Changmin and Yoochun said together. Kibum was about to argue but Jaejoong interferes, “Do you know where he is, Kibum?”

“I’m sorry hyung, but I don’t know either. Mom and Dad told me that he went out early and he used his own car so I assumed that he went to school already.” Kibum said as he shrugged his shoulders.

“Oh! I know! Maybe he went to Seoul Nat’l University Hospital.”

Kibum tilt his head and narrowed his eyes, “And what was he supposed to do there?”

“I don’t know. I saw him there yesterday. He told me that he met a client and was—”

“How come he never told us?”

“Maybe he was just tired or forgets about that.” Jae butts in.

Kibum put down his spoon and looked at his food, “But— well he do looks tired. But he should’ve told us anyway, even Dad doesn’t know that there was an emergency meeting and in the hospital? Seriously! Who’ll hold a meeting in a hospital with your client who was just admitted there? What was he thinking?”

“Workaholic,” Yoochun said in a low voice as he shakes his head. “He’s too worried on his work that he even neglects his own studies. And to think that he told me he loves to study. What the hell, is he going to college or what?”

Everyone looked at Kibum who just shook his head, “I don’t know either, but I hope he’ll realise soon that it’s not all about work. I mean, he needs to learn how to have fun, how to loosen up. He’s scaring me sometimes.”

The school bell rang and they all hurried off to their respective classes. As much as Jaejoong wanted to pay his attention to the lecture, his mind wandered off to Yunho’s whereabouts. If Yoochun doesn’t elbow him or tap his shoulders, he might probably got a detention now.

***

“Three more subjects to go~ I so wanna go home~” Yoochun whined while they are walking to their lockers to get their stuffs for their next subject. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and was about to say something when Yoochun interrupted him, “Please don’t tell me we’re going to talk about that Jung.”

“I’m just curious Chun, besides, what if there’s something that’s seriously going on with him. Like, what if he’s threatened to do something and he shouldn’t tell his parents about it because—”

“Hold it! Hold it! That’s going too far!” Yoochun held his hands in front of Jae’s face, telling him to stop. “Yunho may seem stupid but believe me he’s not.”

“But— can you explain what was he doing in the hospital yesterday? Kibum has a point. Who would hold a meeting there?”

“Jae, maybe it’s really an urgent one. I mean, let’s all just forget about him. He’s already 18 and he can think and decide for himself. So, why don’t you focus your attention to our class, ne?” Yoochun ruffled his best friend’s hair before walking past to him.

“But he looked like he’s lost.” Jae whispered and followed suit when Yoochun called his name.

***

Mr. Hong looks at his class list and looked around, “Where’s Mr. Jung?”

Almost all of the students who’re at the Chemistry lab stared back at Yoochun and Jaejoong. Yoochun winced and leaned closer to whisper in Jaejoong’s ear, “What’re we going to say?”

“We don’t know seonsaengnim. He didn’t attend our morning class either.”

“What could be the reason, hmm? Well, can you just tell him what we’ve done today so that he can catch up with us, arrasso?” Mr. Hong told the two softly and after hearing the response of the two, he began his lecture.

Yoochun was whining nonstop about the chemicals they are mixing for their experiment. Jaejoong sighed countless of times whenever Yoochun make an unpleasing moan of annoyance.

“Aish! Why do we have to take this up, anyway??” Yoochun grumbled which made Jaejoong stopped what he was doing and smack his best friend’s arm.

“What was that for?!”  Yoochun glared at him and rubbed the part where he hit him.

“That is for complaining every second. Geez, Chun, can’t you do your work without opening your mouth?”

“I can’t help it!” he hissed at him and grabbed the beaker in front of him. “I hate this subject.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and shook his head, “Tell me what subject you don’t hate,”

“Lunch break,” He responded with a smug look on his face. His best friend heaved a deep sigh and focused on the experiment their professor told them to do.

***

“Changmin,” Junsu hissed as he nudged his friend’s shoulder. Changmin looked at him with confusion written all over his face.

“Seonsaengnim’s been looking at you! You aren’t listening to her lectures!” he whispered.

Changmin nodded and tried to focus his attention on their lesson. At the corner of his eye, he watched Kibum who’s frowning and taking notes at the same time. He knows that the younger Jung was worried to where his brother might be at. And he has a strong feeling that Yunho was in SNUH, though it’s still a mystery to him why he was there. “Maybe to visit the client he was talking about.”

Right after their classes ended, Kibum fished out his phone out of his pocket and dialled his brother’s number.

Changmin and Junsu watched him as his face fell, and his eyes mirrored sadness. “Hyung, where are you? Pick your phone, damn it.” His voice was soft yet there was a tinge of concern on it. Junsu approached him and squeezed his shoulders, trying to comfort him.

“I’ve been calling him in between our breaks but it’s always his voicemail that's answering me. This is frustrating. Where the hell is he?” Kibum’s ears turn into a shade of pink and his hands shook a little bit.

Junsu didn’t know what to say to comfort his friend who seems to be lost so he tightened his hold and hug him. “He never did this before.” He continued to grumble in a soft voice. Junsu looked at Changmin and the latter get the message which is to call Jaejoong.

***

Jaejoong was putting his books in his locker when he got the call from Changmin. He immediately closed the locker door, grabbed his bag and run towards the Freshman/Sophomore building. Yoochun, who got shocked by his friend’s sudden action, followed suit when he saw the tension on his face.

“What happened?” Jae sat beside Kibum who was now sitting on the stairs, but still being hugged by Junsu. Kibum didn’t respond but looked at him.

Changmin felt a pang on his heart when he saw the sorrow on the younger Jung’s eyes. He looked away and he too, tried to contact Yunho.

“Did something wrong happen to Yunho?” Jaejoong felt his heart ache as the thought of Yunho being in pain or hurt came over him.

He shook his head, “I... I don’t know. He’s not answering his phone. He never did this before. I don’t even know where he is. I’m so worried. What if— what if something happened to him— what if— he... he was involved in an accident or...or—” Kibum didn’t finish his sentence as Jaejoong hugged him.

“Sssh, don’t say that. If something happens to him you’ll get a call immediately right? Maybe he left his phone at home that’s why he was not able to answer your call.” Jaejoong rub his back to calm him.

Kibum, on the other hand was taken aback when Jaejoong pulls him into a hug. But relaxed immediately when he smells the vanilla scent on the latter’s skin. He sighed and closed his eyes, trying to push away the negative thoughts that may happen to his brother.

“I don’t want to lose him.”

Jaejoong held his breath as those words left Kibum’s lips, he sounded weak and fragile. “Don’t worry, Bummie, he’s not going anywhere. Nothing’s going to happen to him.” He whispered back trying to convince the younger Jung and at the same time, convincing himself.

Junsu patted Kibum’s head and after a few minutes stood up and left the two. Yoochun followed him and they both went to where was Changmin at.

Changmin was pacing back and forth, his phone glued on his left ear, anxiety and annoyance visible on his dark brown-round eyes.

“Have you already contacted him?” Yoochun asked as he slumped down the floor. Junsu stared at him then back to Changmin, waiting for his answer thought the answer was pretty obvious.

“No. He’s not answering it.” He stared at his phone and redialled Yunho’s number again. “Why isn’t he picking up?”

Yoochun shrugged his shoulders, “No one knows, maybe another business meeting?”

“No way it’s a business meeting! What kind of meeting can take your time for the whole day without even answering your phone, or even your brother’s call?” Junsu said as he stomp his foot. Changmin sighed and put his phone in his pocket. “Or maybe he forgot his phone at home.”

“He should’ve called Kibum if that was the case.”

Everyone fell silent as they think of a good reason why Yunho doesn’t contact anyone of them especially his younger brother who was calling him the moment he heard that he didn’t come to school that morning.

After what seems like forever, Jaejoong approached them with Kibum on his side, his head down. “Are we going home now?”

“Yeah, it’s getting late already.” Jae looked at Kibum and held his hands, “Don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything.” Kibum looked at him and managed to smile at him.

The four of them walked Kibum to where Mr. Kwon was waiting; the latter immediately open the car door for his master.

“Just call me, alright?” Jaejoong squeezed the younger’s hand before he went in the car. Kibum nodded and waved goodbye to his friends.

***

Mr. Kwon looked at his master on the rear view mirror, “Is there something bothering you, Kibum-sshi?”

“I— Do you know where hyung went to? Is he home already?” he asked softly, eyes full of expectation.

Mr. Kwon cleared his throat and focused his gaze on the road, “Did he attend his class today?”

“Don’t answer me with another question.” Kibum doesn’t want to sound rude or mean but he’s getting furious and worried at the same time.

The elder sighed and looked at him through the mirror, “He’s not at home yet. Maybe he just went somewhere to clear his mind.”

“Clear his mind for what?”

“Hmmm, pressure? You know your brother doesn’t really tell or show what he really feels, right? So maybe he went somewhere to sort out what he wants to do.”

“If he’s too pressured to the point of ditching school, he should just quit working. He’s still young and he needs to loosen up. Does he even know the meaning of fun? There’s plenty of time to help Dad when he graduates from college. Does he even have a dream or does he even know what he wants to do? Besides, Dad is still strong and healthy; he can run the company with his eyes closed or even if he just stays at home for one whole year.”

Mr. Kwon listened to his master’s ranting and drew a deep breath, “He loves to help your father and he loves working.”

“That’s why he needs some time off!” Kibum’s face reddened due to his sudden outburst. Upon realizing that he raised his voice to the older man, he apologizes immediately.

“It’s okay Kibum-sshi. I do understand you. You’re worried to your brother’s whereabouts. But believe me he’ll call you soon and explain why he did such things.” He gave him a warm smile and the younger Jung nodded and leaned back.

***

Upon arriving at home, Kibum was told to come down to the dining room for dinner. After he finished changing his clothes, he went directly to the dining room and what he saw made him feel more depress. He looked at one of the maids and asked where his parents are. When the maid told him that his father was in a business trip as well as her mother, he scowled. Grabbed a box of cookies and went back upstairs. He’s not in the mood to eat dinner even if the aroma of the food can make anyone drool and starve.

It was past midnight and Kibum was still wide awake. The weather’s not helping either. It was raining hard; thunder and lightning was battling on the sky. He look up the ceiling and silently prayed that his brother is in a safe place tonight.

“Please, please, I’m begging You, protect my brother from any harm. Don’t let anything bad happen to him.”


A/N:

I didn't keep my word.. I was supposed to post 3 chapters in one go but— anyways you're allowed to hit me or stone me...BUGSH!

Chapter 9 will be up within this week *hopefully*

Comments are loooooooooove!!!! ^____^

Oh yeah! Get Out and B.U.T MV's are finally out :) Just saying...

And one more thing , has anyone listened to BACK TO TOMORROW ENGLISH DEMO VERSION?? It's good ne? But I love HOMIN's Japanese version much much much more ;)