Suspicions

100 DAYS

Kibum looked at his brother who was busy playing the food on his plate. It’s Monday morning and they are supposed to hurry up. But because Yunho was busy spacing out they are going to be late for sure. He sighed and wave a hand in front of his brother, Yunho blinked a few times and looked at him, “What is it?”

“Hyung, you’re spacing out. Are you alright?”

Yunho blinked again and looked down on his plate, “Is that so? Sorry, I didn’t notice. Hurry up and finish your meal, we’re going to be late.”

“I was about to say that to you,” he whispered and sighed.

The ride to school was silent and Kibum looked at his left where his brother was. The latter was looking outside the window blankly. He furrowed his eyebrows and wonders what could be the reason why his brother was acting so strange.

“Hyung we’re already here.”

Yunho stared at Kibum, asking him to repeat what he just said. Kibum sighed and shook his head.

“We’re already here. In case you forget, hyung, we still have classes to attend to so don’t space out, arrasso?” Yunho chuckled and nodded. After thanking Mr. Kwon for the ride, Yunho went already to his first class.

While Mrs. Seo was in the middle of discussing their lecture, he saw Yunho was looking outside the window with a blank face. “Mr. Jung Yunho.”

Yunho woke up from his dazed state when Yoochun slapped his shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

“Dude, you’re spacing out and Mrs. Seo is calling you for the nth time.” Yoochun said while giving him a ‘what-the-hell’s-wrong-with-you’ look.

“Oh.” He looked up front and saw that their teacher was staring at him, he stood up and bowed at her, “I’m so sorry, seonsaengnim.”

“You’re forgiven but the moment you do it again, you’ll be in detention, arrasso?” Yunho nodded and bowed again.

Jaejoong eyed him with concern. Yunho saw this and gave him a reassuring smile.

When their first class has ended, Yoochun faced Yunho, “What’s wrong with you? You’re a bit off today.” Jaejoong turned to look at him and his face was full of concern.

“Nah… Nothing’s wrong with me. I’m fine, so stop worrying about me.” He smiled at them but Jaejoong looked through his lie and pout.

“It’s clear that you’re not okay, Yunho-ah. There’s something bothering you.”

He chuckled and looked down at his desk. “There’s nothing wrong with me, seriously. I’m just thinking about what our team’s going to do about our new project.”

“Wait, what ‘project’?” Yoochun asked and began to panic.

“Relax, Chun. I’m not talking about school stuffs. I’m talking about OUR business.”

“Wait, wait, wait… I thought you’re not going to inherit your family business? Then why are you worrying about it?”

Jaejoong shook his head because of Yoochun’s question, “Of course he’s still going to worry about it, Chun. It’s still THEIR Company.”

Yoochun gave Yunho a confuse look, “B-but­­­—”

“I still help them out.”

“In what way?”

“I’m in-charge on designing jewelries.”

Yoochun and Jaejoong looked at him wide eyes and mouth slightly opened (in case of Yoochun), “Bwo??! Seriously??! You design those stuffs, for real? Man~ you’re great.”

Yunho laughed and shook his head, “I’m in charge on designing but it doesn’t mean I do some designing.”

“Oh, so you’re just supervising and approving what designs to be used?” Jaejoong inquired. Yunho nods his head, “Let me guess, you’re not just in-charge on the designing thingy but you’re also in-charge in almost every area on your Company?”

“Not bad, Yoochun-ah… As of now, I’m temporary filling in the position of Kibum.”

“What position?” Yoochun asked again.

“Vice President-soon-to-be-President.”

Yunho’s answer made the two stared at him in awe, “And you’re telling us you’re not going to take over?”

“I’m filling in for him since he’s not yet ready for this kind of responsibility. But me and Appa were thinking that we should train him earlier than what we had planned to.”

Yoochun nodded his head while Jaejoong was still staring at him, not convinced on his answer. He was about to ask what’s really wrong with him when their teacher arrived.

LUNCH TIME

“Yah, Yunho, you should learn to separate work from school.” Yoochun said when he saw that Yunho was just staring at his plate (again).

“I don’t wanna eat.”

“Yah! You’re acting like a kid.” Kibum said while glaring at him.

“Seriously I don’t feel like eating. I’m still full.” He looked at Kibum trying to convince him.

“Liar. You barely touched your breakfast.”

Yunho sighed in defeat but he still didn’t touch his food. “Yunho-ah, just eat something. You might pass-out if you don’t eat. Besides, we’re going to have our P.E later this afternoon.” Jaejoong said softly.

“Fine, fine, fine. You win.” Finally he begins to eat.

Kibum looked at Jaejoong not believing what he just saw, “Wow. What did you do to my hyung that he actually obeyed you?” he asked in bewilderment.

“What do you mean?” Junsu and Jaejoong asked in unison.

“Nothing… It’s just that whenever he said something he’s going to stick into it no matter what happens.”

“I changed my mind, silly.” Yunho said and looked at Kibum, “I—”

~Nareul bwa, naege ireonan ireul, modeun geol neomeo yeogi watjanha~

“Yoboseo?” Yunho fished out his phone not bothering to look at the caller id. Jaejoong, Yoochun, Kibum, Junsu, and Changmin watched him as his face turned paler.

There was a long pregnant silence before Yunho speak again. “I-I understand. Yeah, I’ll be there right after my class. Thank you.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. Everything’s fine…” he answered softly, “I’ll just go to the washroom, excuse me.” He stood up and walked out of the cafeteria.

Kibum and Jaejoong stared at his retreating back while Junsu, Changmin and Yoochun looked at each other.

“Do you think it has something to do with your Company?” Changmin asked Kibum.

“I… I don’t know. M-maybe.” Kibum responded without even looking at him.

The school bell rang which denote that their lunch break was over. Kibum, Junsu, and Changmin went to their building while Yoochun and Jaejoong went to the washroom first to check on Yunho.

“I think he’s already on our classroom.” Yoochun said when they didn’t find Yunho in the washroom.

Jaejoong just nodded and lead the way on their classroom.

“Jaejoong-ah,”

He stopped walking and faced Yoochun, “Wae?”

“Are you by chance… Do you like Yunho?”

Jaejoong blinked a few times and looked blankly at Yoochun.

“Yo, Jaejoong, are you still there?” Yoochun waved his hand in front of him.

“Y-yeah… Anyway, what did you just asked me?”

Yoochun heaved a deep sigh and shook his head, “I’m asking if you like Yunho.”

“Of course I like him. He’s our friend, Chun.” Jaejoong answered and continued walking.

“No… not as a friend. I mean, do you like him in ‘that’ way?”

He stopped on his track and look at Yoochun again, “What do you mean ‘in THAT way’?”

“Are you attracted to him?” Yoochun smirked when Jaejoong blushed.

“O-of course not... Yah Park Yoochun! What makes you say that?!” he said in a low and frustrated voice.

“Because, my dear friend, it’s too obvious that you like him. The way you look at him and the way you worry for him.” Yoochun put his arms around Jaejoong’s shoulder and started to walk.

“Yah! It’s only natural for me to worry about him because he’s my FRIEND! So Mr. Park Yoochun, stop saying that I like him in whichever way you want.” Jaejoong pouted when Yoochun just chuckled.

“I’m serious, Chun. I’m not—”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, Kim Jaejoong… I believe you but if you ever changed your mind, just remember that I’ll always support you, arrasso?” Jaejoong sighed in defeat and nodded.

They looked at each other when they didn’t saw Yunho on his seat, “Where could he be?” Yoochun shrugged his shoulders and went into his own desk.

Jaejoong kept on glancing at his back (on his left) where Yunho should be sitting. It seems like Yunho planned not to attend their fourth subject this time. He sighed and focused his attention on their lecture.

Ten minutes before their fourth class was about to end, the back door opened and revealed a low-spirited Yunho. Mr. Joo (their professor) stared at him and made a ‘tsk’ sound, “I think you’re too early for your next class, Mr. Jung Yunho.” He said sarcastically which earned him a laugh from his classmates (except Yoochun and Jaejoong who glared at them).

Yunho bowed 90 degrees and went straight to his desk. He didn’t bother to apologize or look at his friends.

“Detention, Mr. Jung. After class...”

“About that, can I just go tomorrow?” he said still not looking at Mr. Joo.

“And why is that?”

“I have something important to do, sir.”

“I also have something to do, Mr. Jung. And in case—”

“Please, sir. This is really important.”

His classmates made an ‘Ooh’ and ‘Aah’ sound because it’s their first time to witness a student cutting off their teacher’s sentence.

Mr. Joo narrowed his eyes and put the book on the table. “Is it a matter of life and death, Mr. Jung?”

Yunho looked up and stared straight into his professor’s eyes. “It is, sir.”

Jaejoong and Yoochun looked at him at the same time, “Is your business THAT important?” Yoochun asked but Yunho chose to ignore him.

“Very well then, if you said so… Anyway, this is your first and final warning, if you do this again, you’ll be in detention. Do I make myself clear?”

Yunho looked down and sighed, “Yes, sir.”

* * *

“Two detention warnings on one day, man~ what’s wrong with you?” Yoochun asked again when they were heading to the gym for their PE class.

“Why are you late, anyway?” Jaejoong in when Yunho did not answer Yoochun’s question.

“I fell asleep.”

“Where??”

“I went to the rooftop after lunch and the view was great up there and the weather was good too. So I fell asleep.”

Jaejoong looked at him in disbelief and shook his head. “How could you fall asleep when you knew that we still have class? Seriously, Jung Yunho, you should learn to separate work from school. And look at you, you look awful. You’re skipping meals and you’re neglecting your own health.”

Yunho and Yoochun looked at him with mouth open wide.

“What?!” he asked them feeling annoyed.

“Well, it’s my first time to hear you fuss over small things, Jaejoong-ah.” Yoochun answered him after a few minutes of silence. Yunho closed his mouth and stared at him.

“I’m not fussing over small things, Chun. I was just stating the fact that he should separate the—”

“Fine, fine, fine… We got it!” Yoochun put his hands in front of Jaejoong telling him to stop. “Sheesh! You’re like a wifey that can’t get a hold of his hubby.”

Jaejoong stared at him wide eyes while Yunho just laughed at them. “If we don’t hurry up we’re going to be late and two warnings of detention are enough for me.” He told them while suppressing his laughter.

ON THEIR P.E CLASS

“Hey, are you really supposed to sit there, Yunho?” Yoochun walked towards him and sat beside him.

“Yeah.”

“You sure? It looks like Hodong-seonsaengnim doesn’t mind, though.”

“Of course he wouldn’t. Because if he would, he might lose his job.” Yunho chuckled and drink the water in the bottle he was holding.

Yoochun eyed him suspiciously, “Yah~ don’t tell me you threaten him so that you can do anything you want on his class?”

Yunho smiled while he shook his head and watched his classmates as they ran around the gym catching and throwing balls.

“I’m not supposed to take P.E class because our family doctor said so. But being a stubborn me I still took it. I don’t want to miss any of my subjects while I’m on high school.”

“Are you for real??”

“Yeah. I love studying and besides, high school is fun. Is that wrong?”

“Sheesh, Yunho-ah, you’re a total nerd! How can you love it?”

“I don’t know either. I enjoy studying and high school will be probably one of those important moments you’re going to reminisce when you get old.” Yoochun looked at him and studied his face.

“You’re weird, you know that?”

“Yah! Park Yoochun! Get your lazy- here now!” Hodong-seonsaengnim yelled. Yoochun glanced back at Yunho and the latter just smiled at him.

“What’re you talking about with Yunho?” Jaejoong asked Yoochun.

“Nothing much. I just learned that he’s a total nerd and he’s not supposed to have a PE class. And… he loves studying and high school. Man~ what’s so great about high school? I wanna graduate soon and move to college.” Jaejoong shook his head and steal a glance at Yunho who was still sitting on the bench.

“Wait, did you just say that he’s not supposed to take PE classes? What’s his reason?”

“I don’t know the reason but he told me that their family doctor did not allow him to. I think it’s because of his health.” Yoochun shrugged his shoulders and took another ball and tried to shoot but missed.

Jaejoong ‘O’-ed and focused his attention on their practical lesson. “What’s with his health, anyway?”

* * *

“Urgh! Finally! It’s time to go home!” Yoochun stretched out his arms and legs while Jaejoong and Yunho packed their school bags.

“It’s only Monday but there’s so many homework. How could they do this to us?!”

“Yah, Yoochun, stop complaining, will you? It’s part of being a student.”

“But, Jaejoong-ah homework is killing me! We should just be chilling every night on the club partying.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes and looked at Yunho who has a smirk on his face and just shrugged his shoulders.

“But you must have good grades so that you won’t have any problems when you enter college.”

“Shut up, Jung. You and your grades. High school is supposed to be fun not like this.” Yoochun continued to rant.

“And besides, you already told me that when we get older, high school is one of the moments we’re going to reminisce. So we should enjoy it.”

“Studying is fun, too.”

“Not when you have too many homework and boring subjects.”

“They are not boring.” Jaejoong and Yunho said in unison.

Yoochun stopped walking and glared at them, “Yeah right. They are not boring; it came from the mouth of the mighty nerd Jung Yunho and the pretty scholar boy Kim Jaejoong. Who said subjects are boring??” he asked in frustration.

Jaejoong and Yunho looked at each other and laughed at his reaction. Yoochun shook his head and let out a heavy sigh.

“Hyung~” They all looked back when they heard the dolphin-like voice of Junsu.

“Waa— they all looked around.”

“Duh, isn’t it obvious that they are all our hyungs?” Kibum shot him a glare and walked towards the other three.

Changmin looked at his back with his mismatched lips (you know what I mean right ^^) and flared his nostrils. “I’m just saying that… aish!” He let out a frustrated groan and followed suit.

“So, how’s your day?” Junsu asked them enthusiastically.

“Bored...”

Junsu giggled and slapped Yoochun’s arm playfully, “When did you not get bored, Chunnie-hyung?”

“How ‘bout the three of you, how’s your class?” Yunho asked.

“Still the same, activities, lab, homework and blah, blah, blah…” Changmin answered while Kibum gave him a death glare.

“What?!”

“Anyway, hyung, do you want us to accompany you to where you’re supposed to go?” Kibum asked his brother. Yunho’s smile faded instantly and became serious.

“No need to. I’ll take a cab.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I’ll just call Mr. Kwon to pick me up later.”

“Business?” Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin asked. Yunho nodded and called a taxi.

Kibum sighed in defeat and looked at the other four, “See yah tomorrow.”

“See yah.”

He went to where the car is and told Mr. Kwon about Yunho’s plan.

“I’m wondering what would be the reaction of Kibum when I told him that Yunho almost got a detention.” Yoochun said and an evil smirked was etched on his lips.

“I bet he’s going to scold him.” Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun nods their head as they agreed to what Changmin had said.

~Chadeureun shingshing dallyeo dallyeo (sha la la la la la la)
Radio-n boom boom Come on come on~

“Yoboseo?” Changmin stopped on his track and looked at his phone in disbelief.

“Wae?? Umma! Why me? But I’m on my way home now… Umma~” The other three stared at him when he began to whine.

“Aish… Fine, I’ll do it, I’ll do it.”

“What happened?” Junsu give him a quizzical look.

“Umma wants me to go and get the documents she forgot to take home. Aish, so troublesome. I still need to finish my homework. Tss.”

“You want me to go with you?” Yoochun offered.

“Thanks, hyung but no need to. I can manage it, besides Appa is still there.”

“So you’re going to Seoul Nat’l University Hospital?”

“Yeah, besides I don’t have a choice.” After he bade goodbye to his the three he head on the bus stop.