Invitation

100 DAYS

“What’s the date today?” Yoochun asked suddenly.

“Why did you get interested on the date all of a sudden?” Changmin looked at him weirdly as he pops a chip on his mouth.

“Shut up. Just answer my question.”

“It’s the 25th, why?” Junsu asked back curiously.

“25th?” Yoochun’s forehead creased then a genuine smile formed on his lips.

“You’re creeping us out.” Kibum stated a matter-of-factly.

“It’ll be Kwon Bo Ah’s birthday party on Friday,” he said dreamily. Junsu made a disgusting sound while Changmin rolled his eyes.

“Who is Kwon Bo Ah?” Kibum asked, a little bit confused to his friends’ reaction.

“Erm, she’s the most popular girl in here. She’s like Jaejoong hyung’s female version except she’s a real .” Junsu said as he shrugged his shoulders.

“She’s the QUEENKA.” Changmin added when Kibum still looked confused and lost.

“Oh, I thought so. You don’t like her?”

“It’s not that WE don’t like her. More like we don’t like her attitude and her so-called-friends.”

“They are a bunch of brats, flirts and stupid girls.”

“No they are not.”

“They are ES.” Junsu and Changmin yelled to Yoochun, which made the latter cover his ears.

“I don’t get why you don’t like them.” Yoochun stated as he stared at them unbelievingly.

“You still haven’t figured that out? Hyung, just… just look at them! They look ty!”

“Junsu!” Jaejoong glared at his brother. Kibum choked on his drink, as he didn’t expect Junsu to say those kinds of words.

“But hyung, it’s the truth! Who on earth will wear a skirt that is way above the knee; almost exposing—”

“I got it Junsu so stop.” Jaejoong held his hand in front of his brother’s face and sighed. “We don’t have the right to judge others, alright? They choose to wear those kind of uniforms and well, some find it cute and y and others not but, we have to respect them.”

“I agree with Jae-hyung, though I don’t know if they deserve to be respected.” Changmin stated.

Jaejoong glared at him while Kibum made a confused expression. “How come I never noticed them before?” he asked loudly.

“Pfft! How will you notice them when you are so busy worrying about your brother? They’ve been trying to get your attention since the first day of school!” Changmin scowled as he explained it to him.

Kibum didn’t say anything and nods his head. “Yeah, right,” he mumbled, “Anyway, how’s Yunho-hyung doing?”

“Aren’t we’re supposed to ask that?” Yoochun asked back which made the younger Jung rethink what he just said.

“I mean, if he’s already done with his exams, will he be able to catch up or go back to your class right away?”

Everyone looked at Jaejoong, “Am I supposed to answer that?”

“Well, I don’t know much about what you and Oldie-sshi talked about.” Yoochun said as he gave him a teasing look.

“If I’m not mistaken, Yunho is also receiving extra lessons from the teachers and self-studying. I’m not really sure but I think if he’s done with the exams, he might come to class already.”

“Oh, then that’s good. Hmm, do you have any idea what time he’ll go out and eat lunch?”

“I don’t – Oh! Speaking of the nerd!” Junsu exclaimed as he points to Yunho who was fixing his glasses; walking to where they are seated.

As soon as Yunho got there, he laid his head on the wooden table that made the other five stared at him worriedly.

“What happened?”

“Are you all right?”

“Did you forgot the answers to the questions and finally fail a subject?” Five pair of eyes glared at Yoochun (including Yunho) because of his remark, “Yah! I’m just kidding! No need to be serious!”

“But really, what happened?” Kibum asked softly as he gave his hyung a sandwich.

Yunho shook his head and smiled, “Three more exams to go for this day and two for tomorrow and I’m done.” He stretched his arms and took the sandwich, “I’m starting to have a headache though.”

Jaejoong stared at him worriedly and sighed, “Why don’t you go to the infirmary and get a med?”

“No need to. I’m just hungry and it’ll go away for sure.” Yunho beamed at him and started eating.

“How many exams you’ve taken so far?” Yoochun inquired.

“Three.” Yunho answered nonchalantly.

“No wonder you’re having a headache hyung! You have six exams today! Why didn’t you tell them to take 4 exams in a day?”

“But that will just prolong my agony.”

“Your agony? What kind of agony? Are you freaking kidding me? I think splitting the exams into four subjects per day is a goooood idea than torturing yourself! And you said you only have two exams tomorrow? It is so unbalanced!” Yoochun exclaimed as he stood up and wailed.

“Hyung, you don’t have to shout.” Changmin calmly pulled his cousin back to sit.

“But—”

“Oh, now that you mentioned it—why didn’t I think about it sooner.” Yunho said thoughtfully. Yoochun grunted loudly and Kibum shook his head, “But I want to finish right away. I want to go back to class quickly.”

“You’ve got a point.” Changmin said.

“But still—!”

“What time’s your next exam?” Jaejoong cut off Yoochun that made the latter munch angrily at his sandwich.

“After lunch.”

“Are you done?” Yunho stared at Jaejoong right after he drinks a bottle of water.

“Yeah, why?”

“You didn’t finish all of it. Yah~ you have to eat so that you will have enough energy later. It would be bad if you faint in the middle of your exams.”

“And here he goes again,” Yoochun shook his head, “nagging like a wife~”

Jaejoong blushed but didn’t look away at Yunho until the latter shove the sandwich in his mouth.

“That’s better, now drink this and we will go to the infirmary.” He said firmly while Yunho looked at him dejectedly. Kibum chuckled and Junsu looked at his brother teasingly.

“I don’t need to go~”

“Jung Yunho.”

Yunho pouted but nodded his head anyways. Jaejoong smiled and finished what he was eating.

“Before everything gets cheesy here, we are going now. So see you after class, hyung-deul.” Changmin said as Kibum and Junsu chuckled and got up.

“So you’re all going to leave me with this lovebirds?” Yoochun asked them with a smirk on his face. Jaejoong glared at him while Yunho smiled shyly.

“See, they are not denying it! What exactly happened last Saturday, huh?”

“What are you talking about?” Jaejoong asked innocently.

Yoochun snorted and rolled his eyes upwards. “Now you’re denying it.”

“Denying what? I don’t really get what you want to say.”

“Whatever, we’re out of here.” Changmin said while suppressing his laughter.

“So Chunnie-hyung you are going to stay with them, have fun!” Junsu giggled and waved to his seniors.

“Ah, what a bothersome. Don’t worry, lovebirds—I’m not going with you. I have other plans so you two can spend more time. See you guys later!” And with that said, Yoochun left, leaving Yunho and Jaejoong dumbfounded.

“What’s up with everyone teasing us?” Jaejoong pouts as he packed his things inside his bag.

“Beats me,” Yunho shrugged as he helped him, “But Jae I don’t need to –”

“Jung Yunho,” Jaejoong stared at him with a stern expression and his voice sounds like it’s taunting him.

“Aish! You!” Yunho grunted under his breath.

“Did you say something?” he narrowed his eyes and smiled when Yunho rolled his eyes heavenwards.

“I didn’t say anything, your highness. Are you good to go?”

“Yes.”

“This way, your highness.” Jaejoong laughed as Yunho bowed at him and waved his right hand to the direction they are going to.

“Yah, don’t tell me you’re enjoying it!”

“What do you think?”

“Aish, give me your things, your highness. I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” Yunho grabbed Jaejoong’s bag in which the latter responded to laughing.

“Yunho! You better stop acting like that. The role doesn’t suit you.” Jaejoong stated as he sat on the floor laughing.

“Alright I’ll stop now. Get up, you’re going to soil your uniform.” When Jaejoong didn’t comply, he grabbed the latter’s arm and pulled him on his feet. “If we stay longer here, you are going to be late.”

Jaejoong took a deep breath, “Yeah, you’re right.” He glanced at Yunho and stifled a giggle.

Yunho shook his head and smiled at Jae’s behavior.

And without realizing, the two walk to the infirmary holding each other’s hands.

* * *

“What’s this?” Kibum examined a lavender envelope that fell from his locker.

“Hmm? A love letter?” Junsu walked closer to Kibum and stared curiously at the envelope.

“Why don’t you open it?” Changmin suggested.

Kibum sighed and looked at them, “Do I really have to?”

“Yah! Don’t tell me this is the first time you got a love letter?” Kibum glared at Junsu who was already giggling.

“This is not—”

“Why don’t you open it right away to know whether it’s a love letter or not?”

“And why do you sound so annoyed, Changmin? Are you jealous because Kibum got a love letter and you did not?” Junsu teased his friend as he giggled.

Changmin snorted and was about to say something when Kibum joined the teasing, “Oh, I didn’t know that YOU are POPULAR. What’s the name of your fan club?”

“Aish! You two better stop that or else—”

“Or else, what? You’re going to report us to your fan girls and boys because we were teasing you? And what are they going to do? HATE US TO DEATH?”

“Jung Kibum, don’t you start with me.” Changmin glared at him in which the latter responded to, “Ooh~ I’m scared!”

Changmin rolled his eyes heavenwards and muttered something under his breath.

“Yah! Did you just swear?” Junsu shrieked.

“For goodness sake, Junsu, stop shouting! We are not miles away from you.”

“But seriously Shim, did you just swear?” Junsu asked again, this time softer and more like a whisper.

Kibum laughed while Changmin shook his head, “I did not swear.”

“So what did you say earlier?”

“I didn’t say anything, urgh! Yah Jung Kibum, you better hurry up opening that freaking envelope!”

“You don’t have to shout, pabo ogre!”

“I’m not—! Whatever, just—just hurry up! I don’t wanna be late.”

“Fine, geez~”

“What does it say?” Junsu asked impatiently. Kibum on the other hand stared at a piece of paper that was inside the envelope. His forehead creased, which made his friends ask what’s wrong.

“Let me see it,” Changmin snatched the paper from him. “What the hell is this?”

Kibum took the paper from Changmin and gave it to Junsu, “Omo, she did invite you to her party.” Junsu handed the paper back to Kibum and stared at him, silent questions visible on his eyes.

The younger Jung shrugged his shoulders and put the invitation inside his locker, “I should ask hyung if he wants to go or not. But if you guys want to go, we can go together.”

“Are you kidding me?! Don’t you know that you can’t go in their party UNINVITED?” Changmin whispered frustratingly.

Kibum rolled his eyes and shoved the invitation to Changmin’s chest, “Read it again you, pabo.”

“Oh.” Changmin scratched his not-so-itchy scalp and gave the invitation back to the owner after reading it. “So, basically you Jung brothers are invited and if you want to, you can also take us to that party?”

“Hmm-mm…” Kibum smiled.

“That’s great! I bet all the food will taste great!”

“You and your bittersweet relationship with food.” Junsu shook his head and massaged his forehead.

“However, I still need to speak with my brother regarding this matter.”

“But you said if we want to go—”

“No buts! Let’s go, you don’t wanna be late right?” Kibum stick his tongue out and started running.

Junsu chuckled and grabbed Changmin’s hand, “Let’s go, slowpoke!”

* * *

LATER THAT EVENING

“Hyung! Mom said that if you’re not going down right now, no strawberry pudding for you!” Kibum yelled outside his door, which made the older Jung laugh.

“Arrasso! I’ll be there! Just give me a minute!”

Yunho grabbed his phone and started typing a message. He stared at the screen and when he’s satisfied on what he had typed, he pressed the ‘send’ button and put the mobile phone on the bedside table.

 

Sender: Yunho

Time: 19:12:59

Subject: Good evening~

Did you already eat dinner? If not you better eat now! ^^ Anyway, thank you for accompanying me to the infirmary earlier, I felt better and was able to answer the questions properly. By the way, Kibum and me had decided to attend this party… I’m just wondering if you would also like to go…?

 

He walks out of the room and went downstairs to eat dinner. When he comes back he saw the light on his phone blinking, indicating he received a message. He sat on his bed and started reading it.

 

Sender: Jae

Time: 19:20:11

Subject: Re: Good evening~

I already ate dinner, and how about you, Mr. Jung? Don’t you dare skip meals J and about the party—is it the same party that Junsu’s been talking about-- Kwon Bo Ah-sshi’s birthday party? I am not sure if I’m going to attend.

 

Sender: Yunho

Time: 20:30:06

Subject: Joongie~

Aww, come on! Kibum said that Junsu, Changmin and Yoochun are coming too. Please? We’re not going to stay there for too long. Please? *stares-at-you-with-my-puppy-eyes*

 

Sender: Jae

Time: 20:21:01

Subject: Re: Joongie~

Lol! I can’t imagine you with that “puppy-eyes”. But I’ll let you know if I’m coming, ne? Goodnight~

 

Yunho sighed and stared at his phone screen. Then suddenly, an idea pops in his head. He smiled at himself and started typing on the keypad of his phone.

* * *

“Jae-hyung, do you want me to turn off the TV now, or you’re still going to watch?”

“Turn it off already. I’m almost done anyway.”

“Arrasso, goodnight hyung!”

“Night, Junsu-ah.” Jaejoong smiled at his dongsaeng from the kitchen table (there is no wall between the dining/kitchen area and the living room).

“Finally, I’m done!” he stretched his arms and legs. He stood up and put his notes and books inside his bag when he noticed his phone’s led was blinking.

A loud laughter echoed throughout the small apartment. Junsu went out from his room hurriedly to check up on his brother.

He saw Jaejoong sitting on the chair—his head on the table, left hand on his stomach and right hand holding his cellphone.

“What made you laugh so hard?”

It took a full two minutes before Jaejoong gathered himself and answer Junsu’s question. “Nothing, Su-ah. Sorry if I bothered you… did I woke you up?”

“Naa, not really. But what’s wrong?”

“Nope. Nothing. I’m going to bed now.” Jaejoong get up and went straight to his bedroom while suppressing laughter. Junsu followed him with a weird gaze, “Pabo.”

 

Sender: Yunho

Time: 20:45:09

Subject: Puppy eyes

Well, I might not have “puppy eyes” but I have THIS! You are going to the party with us or THIS will haunt you down forever! Kekekeke!

 (1 Attached file)