Hanagasaku

100 DAYS

“What’s up with people buzzing around?” Yoochun’s brows meet at the center as he entered the school gates.

“Chunnie-hyung!” Yoochun looked back to the source of the dolphin-high-pitched-voice.

“Yah! What kind of face is that?” Junsu asked when he and his brother got near him.

“Nothing— I’m just wondering why these people are so busy talking and gossiping this early.”

“Gossiping about what?” Jaejoong asked his best friend.

“Hyung-deul! Over here!” Changmin waved his arms on the air for them to notice.

“What’s up with these kids?” Yoochun said in annoyance which earned him a smack on his arm from Junsu. He made a face and rubbed the ‘injured’ arm.

“Nothing much, we just saw a luxury car on the student’s parking area.”

“Luxury car? For real?” Yoochun said, wide-eyed.

“Yeah, for real, and guess who’s the owner?” he asked back to them with a grin on his face.

Yoochun, Junsu, and Jaejoong look at each other before breaking into run leaving a chuckling Changmin... moments later he also followed them.

“Yunho!”

“Hyung!”

Yunho almost yelled ‘Help!’ when Yoochun and Junsu bear-hugged him. He laughed as he returned the hug the two gave him. At the corner of his eyes, he saw Jaejoong smiling and when the two let go of him, he approached Jaejoong and pulled him into a warm embrace.

Jaejoong froze but soon relaxed on the taller man’s arms, “Where have you been, Yunho-yah?”

“Sorry. I’m back now.” Yunho smiled and hugged him tighter.

Yoochun, Junsu and Kibum stared at them wide-eyed. Even Changmin who just got there almost dropped his jaw on the ground because of the scene in front of him.

“Eherm! Why don’t you two save your intimate time after our morning class? Like you know, let’s go on our class first.”

Yunho let go of Jaejoong who looked down immediately to hide his blushing face which of course, didn’t escape from their friends’ eyes.

“You guys go ahead. I have to talk to Mr. Shin about my absences.”

“You better do.” Kibum said as he dragged Junsu and Changmin with him.

“I’ll see you in class then, Jae.” Yoochun said as he winked at Jaejoong who was blushing madly.

Jaejoong and Yunho just stood there awkwardly. After a minute or so, Jaejoong faked a cough and look at Yunho, “Uhm, I should probably go back to class now since you’re going to see Mr. Shin.”

He turned around but was stopped by Yunho’s hand on his wrist. He turned around again and he stared at Yunho, the latter looked down and let go of his hand.

“Uhm, I just wanna say... thank you and I’m sorry.”

Jaejoong stared at him; confused to what he just said. He moved closer to him, “For what?”

Yunho look up at him and smiled, “Thank you for looking out for my brother and sorry. Sorry for making you all worry.”

He bit his lower lip and look away, “You don’t have to thank me. You should also apologize to Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin. They were worried about you too.”

Yunho scratch his nape and looked shyly at Jaejoong, “Uhm, sorry about my sudden action earlier. I don’t know what’s gotten into me that —”

“You don’t have to apologize.”

“Uhm, I mean — it’s okay – I’m fine with it – we’re friends right?” Jaejoong said nervously while trying to hide his blush from Yunho. The latter grinned at him and nods his head.

“We should go now. You’ll be late if we’re just going to stand here.” Yunho stated as he gently grabbed Jaejoong’s right arm.

* * *

“Hey! Have you seen the dork hugged Jaejoong-oppa?”

“Wait, what do you mean hug? As in HUG?? How dare him touch Jaejoong oppa like that!”

“Yeah! He hugged him as soon as he saw oppa! The nerve of that nerd!”

“Sssh! Jaejoong oppa is coming – wait, with that dork?!”

The nosy (es) girls quiet down when they saw the two walking down the hallway.

“I hate to admit this but somehow they look good together.” A girl whispered to her friends but earned a death glare and a smack on her head as an answer.

“Shut up!”

“Don’t you ever say that!!”

“It’s gross!”

 

“See you later.”

Yunho and Jaejoong looked at each other and then looked away when they realised they spoke at the same time.

“Uhm, yeah – see you later.” Jaejoong said softly and he timidly went inside their classroom, face still in a shade of red and eyes fixed on the floor.

Yunho smiled at Jaejoong’s actions and when the latter had gone inside the classroom, he took his leave and went to the Principal’s office ignoring the prying stares of the girls on him.

* * *

“Yah! Wipe off that silly grin on your face. It’s creeping me out!” Yoochun said jokingly when Jaejoong sat beside him.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes but the smile was still there. “You’re clearly in love with him.”

“Shut up, Park.”

“Seriously Kim, why don’t you just admit that you have already fall in love with him? There’s nothing wrong with that and hey – I’m your best friend. You shouldn’t hide anything from me.”

He took a deep breath and face Yoochun who was grinning like an idiot, “Firstly Park, there’s really nothing wrong with it but I have nothing to confess or admit because I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH HIM. Secondly, even my brother, Junsu, doesn’t know some of my secrets and here you are telling me not to hide anything from you ‘cause you’re my BEST FRIEND. You’re delusional. And stop saying I’m in love with him. I’m clearly not.”

“Oh really, Mr. Kim? I’m convinced – really, really convinced.”

“Just shut up.” Jaejoong hissed and take out his notes and books.

While Yoochun was trying to tease Jaejoong and looked at him ‘knowingly’ during their second period, the latter spends his time trying to ignore his best friend’s childish behaviour.

“Mr. Kim Jaejoong?”

“Y-yes?”

“You’re being called to the principal’s office.”

Jaejoong looked at Yoochun quizzically but the latter shrugged his shoulders as if saying, ‘I don’t have any idea.’

With his heart pounding hard against his chest, he stood up and headed to where the principal’s office at.

***

“Mr. Kim, come in, have a seat.”

Jaejoong walked nervously towards the empty chair beside Yunho.

“Relax, Jaejoong-sshi, you didn’t do anything wrong. In fact, I have a favour to ask from you.”

“Eh?”

“Since Yunho-sshi wasn’t able to come to school for the past two weeks and wasn’t able to take the exam, I need you to help him catch up for those lessons he had missed.”

“Are you saying that I should tutor him?”

“Yeah, something like that, you are friends so it’s okay for you to help him, right? And you’re the top student in this school.”

“How about Mr. Joo, Mrs. Seo –”

“They can help him too, of course. But I need someone who can help him catch up faster since he’s really behind your class. But if you can’t do it, no problem.”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho while the latter gave him an apologetic smile. He sighed and bit his lips, “It’s not a bother to me, so I’ll help him then.”

“Good! You two decide when will be the best time for the tutor, okay?”

“Uhm, seonsaengnim, is it okay for me to attend our class now?” Yunho ask.

“Err, apparently not. But I’ll give you a week to catch up for the past lectures and to prepare for your exam.”

“But how will I catch up to our new lessons?”

“I’ve already talked to your teachers about that. And they’re all willing to stay for another half an hour for your special class.”

“Then Jaejoong –”

“Let’s just do it every after class and during lunch time.”

“I don’t have a problem with that, but – it’ll be hard for you to study and lunch time is –”

“Don’t worry about me, Yunho-ah. I can manage my time perfectly and I’m happy I can help you. Besides I can also study while tutoring you, right?” Jaejoong gave him a reassuring smile.

“So it’s settled then. Mr. Jung, you should go to Mr. Tan. Your special class with him will start every day this week at the very same time, arrasso? And Jaejoong-sshi, you can go back to your class now.”

They bowed to the principal and walks out of the room.

“I’ll see you then after class to –” Jaejoong’s statement was cut-off when Yunho made a 90 degree bow to him. “Y-yah! Why are you doing that?”

“I’m really sorry for the trouble that I have caused you.”

“Yah! Get up, will you? This... this is embarrassing. Yunho-ah, you don’t have to bow and apologize to me.” Jaejoong said as he pulled Yunho up. “Geez, seriously, stop being so formal.”

“I’m really sorry. If there’s anything you want or need, don’t hesitate to tell it to me. I’ll do it as a sign of gratitude to you.”

“Aish! Pabo-yah, how many times do I have to tell you that it’s okay? And it’s not as if you’re bothering me or anything.” He sighed as he stared dearly to him.

“I’m really –”

“Stop apologizing or I won’t ever forgive you.”

Yunho smiled and looked down, “Thank you.”

Jaejoong chuckled and playfully smacked Yunho’s shoulder, “You should go now. I’ll see you later at lunch.”

“Ne.”

***

“So what did Oldie-sshi told you?” Yoochun asked while they are grabbing their stuffs on the locker.

“Oldie-sshi?”

“Geez, Kim Jaejoong! Don’t tell me you already forgot how I call Mr. Shin? Yah! Please leave some space to your brain for some things and don’t let it get consumed by a certain JUNG YUNHO!”

Jaejoong shot him a glare and smack him with a book, “Stop teasing me! I just forgot it, okay?”

“Then why is your face turning red?” another smack from Jaejoong.

“That hurts!”

“Stop it already! Mr. Shin or Oldie-sshi as you call him, asked me to tutor Yunho for a week so that he can catch up with the lectures he missed and for him to take the exam.” Jaejoong answered as he grabbed his things and walked away from Yoochun.

“Yah! Wait up!”

“So did you accept the request or declined it because somehow it’s awkward to teach the one you love~”

Jaejoong stop on his tracks and look dangerously at him. Yoochun held up his hands and laugh, “I’m just kidding, ara? But you did accept it, right? Kidding aside, have you asked him why he didn’t show up for the past two weeks?”

“I... didn’t have the chance to ask him. I have this feeling that he doesn’t want to tell us the reason either.”

“He doesn’t want to tell us the reason? Why?”

Jaejoong just shrugged his shoulders and continued walking to the science lab.

“Hey! Jaejoong-ah! Wait up!”

***

“Hey, Kibum, have you asked your brother where he went for two weeks?” Junsu asked the raven-haired while they were changing for their P.E class.

“Went abroad, I guess.”

“WHAT?”

“Yah! Junsu! You don’t have to shout!”

“Shut-up, Shim. Anyway Kibum, are you sure he went overseas? I mean, he couldn’t just disappear like that without telling your parents where he’s going and besides, what’s the reason why he went outside Korea?”

Changmin looked at Junsu as if the latter said something silly. Junsu ignored him and waits for Kibum’s response as he put his uniform (and other stuffs) in the locker.

“Business is the only reason I know why he travel overseas or go out of the country. Other than that, I don’t have any idea.”

“Really? What did your parents’ reaction when he got home?”

“Looks like they saw a ghost.” Kibum answered bluntly.

“Stop asking, will you?”

“Shut up, Min. I just want to know what happened, is that wrong?” Junsu made a sad face which made Changmin to roll his eyes and turned away.

“Honestly, Mum and Dad want to ask him about that but it seems like he’s avoiding it. They kind of tried asking him but hyung just ignored it completely – somewhat like that.” He shrugged and grabs his bag and put it inside the locker.

“Why did he do that?”

“Avoiding the topic.” Junsu and Kibum looked at Changmin.

“Maybe.” He added hastily and chuckled nervously.

“It seems like you know something.” Junsu crossed his arms on his chest and walked towards him.

“What – just because I said that I kinda already know something? Geez, Junsu-ah.” Junsu’s eyes narrowed – as if trying to skin him alive.*

“Fine! But if you know something and didn’t tell it to us, I won’t ever – EVER – forgive you. Remember that SHIM CHANGMIN.”

“Sheez, Junsu. You don’t have to make a big issue out of it.”

“What if it’s something serious?”

Kibum shivered but shook his head, “Na~ my brother’s not the type to lie something about some serious or important matter. I’m sure he’ll tell us right away if something’s not right.”

“Why are you so sure about it? What if —”

“Because I trust him, hyung never lied to me – not even once.”

“Never lied huh?”

“Yah! If we’re not going to hurry up, Hodong-seonsaengnim will make us do some unnecessary stuff. Hurry up!” Changmin yelled and ran outside the changing room.

***

~Chagabge anajwo~

~Sesange matso

“Yunho-ah? Ne, what’s wrong?”

“I just want to tell you that I won’t be able to meet you at lunch break. I have something else to do. I’m really sorry about that. But you can go with Kibum after school and then we can start. I’ll meet you at home.”

“Is that so? Hmm – I’ll see you then. Don’t forget to eat your lunch.” He sighed after hanging up and looked outside the library window. Work again, huh?

“I thought you’re going to tutor Yunho-hyung today so why are you here?” Junsu asked Jaejoong when the latter ‘unexpectedly’ showed up on their usual spot.

“It was cancelled. Anyway, Kibum-ah is it okay if I go with you after school? Yunho told me that I can just come over at your place for the tutor thingy and —”

“Sure hyung, no problem. Besides, Junsu and Changmin will come too since we’re going to do a group project.”

“Oh, thank you.”

“Wait. So all of you will go the Jung’s mansion and will just leave me alone at my pad? What kind of friends are you??”

Kibum smiled and throw crumbs of sandwiches on Yoochun, “You can come too, Yoochun-hyung.”

“Do you wanna start a food fight?”

Jaejoong shook his head and laughed as Yoochun tried to wrestle Kibum.

***

“Wow! It looks so much bigger and marvellous in personal than in magazines and pictures.” Junsu said as he stared in awe as they enter the house.

“Please, don’t say something like that. It’s kinda embarrassing.” Kibum said while leading his friends to the study/library room.

“What’re you embarrassed for? You really have a good and pretty house, so envious.” Junsu continue to roam his eyes on the designs and paintings inside the house.

“Oh, hyung’s already here.”

“I thought we will be the one waiting for you.” Yoochun said while making his way towards the huge room.

“The teacher that I’m supposed to meet earlier gave me an activity worksheet to work on. So I went to meet some employees first.” Yunho chuckled when Kibum rolled his eyes.

“I’ll just change my clothes and what do you guys want to eat?”

“Ah! Can I have —?”

“You can have anything as long as it’s edible – I KNOW.” Kibum said before going out of the room.

“That’s rude.” Changmin pouts and sit on the couch.

Jaejoong on the other hand approach Yunho who was kinda busy sorting out some papers. “Uhm, Yunho, where should we —”

“Ah, we can just use the table near the window over there –” he points to Jaejoong’s right, near the couch where Changmin’s sitting at. “Since the three will be using the other side. That’s okay with you, right?”

“Yeah, I don’t have any complains. Should we start now?”

***

“Make sure to substitute the ‘x’ with this and use this formula to get the correct answer. Here, try this problem.” Jae passed a piece of paper with the problem on it and waited for Yunho to figure it out.

“Hey, not bad! You actually don’t need me to tutor you. You just need to self-study and you’ll be back in class. You should tell Mr. Shin that you can take the exam this week.” Jaejoong commented when Yunho solved the three problems within two and a half minutes.

Yunho smiled and look at Jaejoong while he was checking his answers. “An A+ for your score. Next will be Chemistry, are you okay with that?”

“Yeah, no problem.”

As the glowing sun descends from the bleeding sky, Yunho’s gaze never left the ethereal profile of Jaejoong. Half-listening to what he’s saying and explaining; he focuses his attention on the smallest details on the other’s face – unaware of the four pairs of eyes observing them – unbeknownst of the tiny little thing that’s starting to spark inside his chest.

I don’t have any reason to stop, right?


 

Thank you for patiently waiting :)

I won't say any excuses except for : I have a guest named LAZINESS and yeah, I'm having a writer's block OTL -___-"

Thank you for all your supports. Please continue to hold on till the end ^O^

*and I just realized that I have so many typos and gramatical error on the previous chapters (maybe in this chapter too) I'm really sorry about that

and oh! If you have a twitter acct pm me and I'll follow you ;) Annyeong~