He's an athlete? SO WHAT?

100 DAYS

“Junsu-yah! Wake up already! I thought you have a quiz on your first period?” Jaejoong yelled as he knocked on his brother’s room. Upon receiving a mumbled response, he sighed and went in the kitchen to prepare their breakfast.

“I am still sleepy…” Junsu said groggily as he sat on the chair, “but I’m also hungry… I really love your cooking hyung~ I’m so blessed to have a brother like you.” He hugged Jaejoong who just laughed and place a serving of omelet on the table.

“No need to praise me, Junsu. Besides, as far as I’m concerned, Changmin always use that line to make me cook for him. When did he rub it on you?”

Junsu pouts his lips and look at his brother, “So are you telling me that I can’t praise my own brother anymore? That I can’t say how good his cooking is? Yah! You’re being mean.”

Jaejoong pinched his right cheek before sitting, “I’m just kidding Junsu~ hyung loves you! Eat up, I don’t want you to be late.” He smiled at him and started eating his breakfast.

“Tss, if I know, you already have someone whom you love more than me.” Junsu whispered to himself and sneered.

“Did you just say something?” Jaejoong eyed him suspiciously.

“I said your cooking is really the best!”

❤ ❤ ❤

“Jung brothers! You’re here already!” Yoochun yelled as he run towards the two.

“Good morning, Yoochun.”

“Morning, Yoochun-hyung. You’re kind of early today, eh?”

Yoochun eyed Kibum but shrugged it off, “I’ll just take that as a compliment.” He smiled and put his arms on Yunho and Kibum’s shoulder. “So I heard we’re going to a party this Saturday?”

“You didn’t hear it wrong.” Kibum said as he swatted away Yoochun’s arms.

“Yah! Show some respect to your sunbae!”

“Mehrong!”

“Aish! Yunho, how come your brother is like this? I wish he’ll be more like you even though you’re a pain in the—”

“Watch your language, wide-forehead-hyung!”

Yunho shook his head and laughed as the two continue to fight verbally.

“It’s too early and yet you two are shouting at each other. Cut it out!” Changmin said as he approach the three.

“And here comes the oni.”

Changmin glared at Kibum and was about to say something when the latter cut him off, “Heh! Bet you don’t even know what that means, eh?”

“You. Are. Such. A. Brat.” He gritted his teeth and before he could even hit Kibum, the Kim brothers arrived already.

“GOOD MORNING!”

“Oh my god! My ears!”

“You’re overreacting Shim Changmin! And stop eating chocolates early in the morning!” Junsu said as he playfully hit his best friend’s back.

“You don’t have to hit me! Duck-!” Changmin glared at Junsu.

“Yah! I am the only one who have the right to call him that!” Yoochun butted in.

“You guys stop shouting!” Kibum said as he glared at his friends.

Jaejoong and Yunho laughed as they watch the scene, “Good morning, Yunho.”

“Morning, Jae. How’s your sleep?”

“No nightmares, how about you?”

“I wish I can get more sleep.” Yunho chuckled and Jaejoong just smiled.

“You only have two exams this day, right?”

“Right! And I’m free this afternoon—though not really free because I have to go and meet Mr. Lee.”

“Work again?” Yunho nodded and sighed. “Yunho, why don’t you take a break? You are studying AND working. You are obviously exhausted—what if you’ll collapse because of overworking yourself? D’you think Kibum; especially your parents will like that?”

“I already took a break. A two weeks break to be exact.” He smiled as he look at Jaejoong’s worried eyes. “Stop worrying, ok? I am not that weak and besides—”

“We just took our eyes off of you guys and now you two are talking about something serious. Wanna share it to us, huh?”

Jaejoong and Yunho look at each other then back to Yoochun, “We’re just talking about my studying and working habit.”

“Again? Geez! You need a break, dude!”

“That’s what I’ve been telling him.”

“Well, if he’s not listening to you then for sure he won’t be listening to anyone else.” Changmin said as he smirked.

“And if you guys wants to boycott the class, let’s go and watch a movie!” Yoochun added, which earn him a glare from Jaejoong.

“Nobody’s going to boycott the class, Park Yoochun!”

“I am just joking!”

“But, are we really going to attend Kwon Bo Ah-sshi’s party?” Junsu asked as they started walking inside the campus.

“Yes we are. Why do you sound so uncomfortable?”

“Well, you see Yunho-hyung, I don’t really like her and her friends. And I don’t actually want to talk about it but if you guys want to go then I don’t have a choice, I guess?”

Silence hang between them until Yunho decided to break it, “It would be fun if we go all together, right? And who’s gonna be with you on Saturday night if you’re not going to attend?”

“Hey! Who told you I’m going to attend?” Yunho looked at Jaejoong and frowned, “I thought you’re going to?”

“I’m just teasing you.” Jaejoong laughed and ruffled the taller boy’s hair. Yoochun and Junsu exchanged looks and grinned.

“How I love this kind of mornings.”

“It’s getting livelier, eh?”

“I know, and I love all these interactions.”

“I know.” Yoochun nodded and smiled contently.

Jaejoong and Yunho looked at each other and then stared at the (weird) duo. “What’re you guys talking about?”

“Oh, nothing Yunho. So uhm, this coming Saturday, we’re going to meet up where?” Yoochun shrugged his shoulders and his smile broadened as he change the topic.

“We can pick you up at Bolero Café.” Kibum answered as he threw another punch on Changmin’s shoulder.

“Sounds good! What time’s the party going to start?”

“I believe it starts at five in the afternoon.”

“Cool! Let’s meet up around four then.” Yoochun suggested which made his friends groaned. “Yah! What’s up with that frustrated groan?”

“Nothing, hyung. And yeah, we’re going to meet up at four o’clock.”

“Sounds like a plan. I have to go first, I need to go and meet Nara-seonsaengnim.”

“Nara-seonsaengnim?”

“Ah, she’s the new nurse, right?” Yunho asked Yoochun.

“Yup! Good luck on your exam, Jung. See you guys later.”

Changmin cleared his throat right after his cousin turned his back at them. “We know. Five o’clock on Saturday.” Junsu said as he sighed.

“Eh?” Yunho looked at Kibum, then to Junsu, to Changmin and then to Jaejoong. “Did you miss the point?” Jaejoong asked as he tried to hide his amusement upon seeing the taller boy’s bewildered expression.

The latter scratched his nape and looked at him, feeling embarrassed. “You don’t have anything to feel embarrassed at all, Yunho-ah. It’s just that… Yoochun is always late. When he set the time for a gathering or meet ups it’ll always turn out to be an hour late.” Jaejoong explained as he gives an encouraging pat on Yunho’s back.

“Oh I didn’t know that.”

“As usual, hyung you’re so slow.” Kibum said as he shook his head.

“Oh my god sun! Kibum-ah, Minnie-ah! We should get going! We have a quiz on our first subject, right? Let’s go! Don’t wanna be late!” And with that said, Junsu grabbed Changmin and Kibum’s hand leaving their sunbae-nim behind.

“What time’s your exam?” Jaejoong asked, breaking the awkward silence that’s starting to build up between them.

“Hmm, at nine-thirty.”

“Oh, so you still have an hour and a half left. What’re you going to do?”

“I’ll just stay in the library and maybe try to study.”

“Oh, geez! You don’t have to study anymore. I swear you’re going to ace it.” Jaejoong said with a smile on his face. Yunho stared at him and when their eyes meet, it’s as if the time stopped once again.

❤ ❤ ❤

“-Joong.”

“Eh?”

“Earth to Jaejoong.”

“Eh, what?”

“I said, earth to Jaejoong! You’ve been spacing out since our first subject. Are you okay?” Yoochun asked as he stopped waving his hand in front of his best friend’s face.

“Oh, am I?”

“Yes you are! Do you know how many times the teachers asked for your attention? It’s as if you are—” Yoochun stopped talking and looked at Jaejoong straight in the eyes.

“What? What? What… What? What’s wrong with you? Yah! You’re starting to creep me out!”

“Kim Jaejoong, I want you to be honest.”

Jaejoong knitted his eyebrows, his eyes squinting because he doesn’t have any idea as to what his best friend was saying.

“Kim Jaejoong,”

“W-what?”

“Are you – in love?”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened in shock and yanked his hands away from Yoochun’s grip. “I am not.”

“Yes you are. You’re just in denial stage, my dear friend.”

“Geez, Yoochun! Stop saying weird things.”

This time, it’s Yoochun’s turn to be surprised, “Tell me, when did it became weird to fall in love? YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY IN LOVE KIM JAEJOONG. You’re just trying to run and hide away from it.”

Jaejoong snickered and shook his head, “You’re being ridiculous, Yoochun. I am not in love, besides how—”

“HOW? Oh my god! Why am I friends with this clueless-stupid-love-sick idiot?? What did I do to deserve this punishment? Wae god? Wae?”

Jaejoong hits Yoochun hard on his arm, “YAH! Stop it!”

“That hurts.” Yoochun hissed at him. “Kim Jaejoong, anyone who’ll see your dazed face will think that you are in love. And no! I am not blabbering nonsense.” Jaejoong sighed and shook his head. There’s no point arguing and explaining things to Yoochun anyway, he thought. However, the latter didn’t think it ‘that’ way—he took Jaejoong’s silence as a way of accepting defeat and admitting that he was right.

“So tell me, who is this lucky person that captured our pretty boy?” Yoochun annoyingly wiggled his eyebrows. Instead of answering the stupid question, Jaejoong rolled his eyes heavenwards and turned his back to Yoochun.

“You are so rude!” he heard the other spat but didn’t pay attention anymore.

❤ ❤ ❤

“Chunnie-hyung! You should stop hanging out with Minnie!”

“Bwoh?!” Yoochun spewed out his drink because of Junsu’s statement. “W-what..? Why are you telling me that?”

“What’re you trying to say, Junsu?”

“Well, it’s because he’s been eating like a pig and it reminds me of Changmin.” Junsu said-a-matter-of-factly. Yoochun put his hand on his chest and stared at him with his ‘you’ve-hurt-my-feelings-look’.

“How dare you compare me to that food-monster-cousin-of-mine.”

“Eh, you’re really starting to be like him hyung. I’m just being honest.”

“Am I? Really? Oh god!” he dropped his chopsticks and face-palmed. “I should really stop hanging out with him.” He wailed.

Jaejoong and Kibum looked at each other and sighed. Good thing Changmin is not with them or else he’d get mad and do something unthinkable. “Speaking of Changmin, where is he?”

“You just noticed that Changmin isn’t here?” Kibum asked with a hint of mockery on his voice.

Yoochun glared at him, “Well, I’m sorry because I thought he just went to the washroom or something like that. Where is he anyway?” This kid is too proud to his self, he thought.

“We don’t have any idea where he is. He told us that he’s not going to have lunch with us, though.” Junsu shrugged his shoulders as he resumed eating.

“Oh, is that so? Maybe Coach Kaze wants to talk to him.”

“Coach Kaze? The track and field coach?”

“Yep.”

“Oh, right. Changmin is in the track and field team. He’s a high jumper.”

“Eh?!”

“I knew it! You’ll be like that if you’d found out that Minnie’s in our school track and field team.” Junsu blurted out laughing. Kibum glared at him but didn’t argue. Well, who would have thought that a food maniac/monster is an athlete? Yes, food gives strength to the athletes, he knows that. But that Changmin just eats whatever he wants and whenever he wants.

“I can’t believe he’s an athlete. I mean, the way he eats.”

“I know! Maybe because he needs to eat a lot for the sake of his brain.”

“Err, what about his brain?”

“Hmm, according to the school rules, if you’re an athlete or varsity player representing the school and if you want to stay on the team, you should have good grades.”

“But—his grades aren’t even that bad.”

“It’s just his excuse, Kibum. He’s really a food monster since we were kids.” Yoochun butted in.

“Jae-hyung, why are you so quiet?”

“Eh… Uhm, don’t mind me, Junsu. I’m having fun listening to your conversation.” He smiled at his brother but the latter sense something else.

Junsu beamed at him, “Ehh~ when did Jaejoongie-hyung learned how to lie?”

“I am not lying,” he hissed. “Stop teasing me, Junsu.”

“Your face is giving you up, hyung.” Kibum added.

Feeling helpless, Jaejoong covered his face with his hands and shook his head. “Geez, I’m not doing anything. I swear.”

“Liar, why are you acting weird then?” Kibum and Junsu snickered.

Jaejoong was about to say something when his message alert tone went off. “Aha! He’s exchanging text messages with Yunho-hyung!” Junsu blurted out.

“Oh really? What’re you guys talking about? School projects? Academics? Arts? History?” Yoochun joined the teasing as they crowded Jaejoong. The latter glared at them but didn’t say anything. Yes, he and Yunho are texting but it’s not something to be excited about. They are friends, right?

“I just asked him how his exams went.”

“Really?” the three asked in unison.

“Really. And please stop bugging me. Besides, is it really a big deal that we are exchanging texts? I mean we are friends.”

“We’re just wondering what you guys are talking about, hyung. No need to be defensive.”

“But why are you blushing?”

The three didn’t stop teasing Jaejoong until the school bell rang.

❤ ❤ ❤

“Kim Junsu-sshi, do you have any idea where Changmin-oppa is?”

“Don’t have any idea where.”

“Really? Uhm, can you give this to him?” When Junsu just stared at the envelope the girl was holding, she batted her eyelashes and added, “Please?”

“Err, uh sure. Sure, I’ll give this to him when he comes in.”

“Oh great! Thank you so much. You’re such a sweetheart.”

“Who was that?” Kibum asked when the girl left.

“Dunno. Probably another girl who’s in love with The Shim.”

Kibum frowned, “Why is he receiving these kind of attention?”

“Ooh, did I just hear something fishy in your tone?”

“What?” Kibum stopped on his track and looked weirdly at Junsu.

“Nothing~ Never mind~ what I’m trying to say is that: Changmin’s a very popular athlete not just in our school. When we were in middle school he was our star athlete. He is the best high jumper in the whole level. You haven’t seen him jump yet, right?”

“No and I’m not interested.”

“Pff! For sure if you see him jump you’ll end up falling in love with him like what had happened to those girls.” Junsu snorted.

“What’re you mumbling about?”

“Yah! What’re you getting annoyed for? Geez, chill! I’m just saying that we should hurry up. I don’t wanna be late.”

“You’ve been in a hurry since this morning. Aren’t you should be the one to chill?”

“Jung Kibum, I know you’re a brat and I still love you as a friend but oh my god sun, don’t you dare give me that kind of attitude.”

Kibum smiled and started laughing, “What kind of attitude?” he asked in between laughs.

Instead of answering, Junsu glared at him and snorted. “Anyways, it looks like Minnie won’t attend our afternoon class.”

“Sounds good to me.” Kibum stated a little bit happy.

❤ ❤ ❤

“Is hyung already at home?”

“Yes he is, young master.”

“Okay, did he go straight home after his exams?”

Mr. Kwon studied the younger Jung’s face through the mirror, “Yes he did.” He answered shortly upon seeing Kibum’s calm expression turned into ‘why-are-you-taking-so-long-to-answer’ look.

“Any reason why you’re interested to your brother’s whereabouts?”

“Nothing. Just making sure he’s not out somewhere dealing with clients and doing business transactions that Dad’s supposed to do.”

“I see. Buckle up young master, we’re about to leave.”

Kibum snickered and shook his head because of Mr. Kwon’s childish act. As always, Mr. Kwon treats us like we’re still preschoolers.’

❤ ❤ ❤

“What the hell, SHIM CHANGMIN? Why did you skip your afternoon classes? YOU!”

“Hyung, relax!”

“And how am I going to relax, smart-? What am I going to say when your homeroom teacher calls your parents and then they call me asking why did you ditch your class? And yah! You’re even allowed to ditch your class while I can’t. That’s unfair!”

Changmin closed his eyes and sighed. “Hyung, listen to what I’m going to say, okay?”

“No Shim Changmin, YOU listen to me. What the —”

“Language, Chunnie-hyung,” Junsu butted in as he sipped his caramel macchiato.

“I don’t care.” Yoochun hissed.

“Yoochun, why don’t you calm down and listen to Changmin first?” Jaejoong suggested.

“And can you please lower your voice, hyung? Everyone’s looking at us.” Junsu added calmly. Yoochun looked around and then took a seat when he realized that Junsu is right. Everyone’s attention is on their direction.

“Aish!”

“So, are you ready to listen to me, hyung? Are you calm enough now?” Changmin asked.

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” Yoochun answered unenthusiastically.

“Listen carefully, you pabo Park Yoochun. Coach Kaze and I talked over lunch about the upcoming sports events and competitions. Unfortunately, our talk extended until my second subject this afternoon.”

Yoochun frowned, obviously not buying Changmin’s statement. The latter audibly sighed and leaned back to his chair. “Hyung, you know how important my classes are to me, right? So why the hell am I going to ditch my afternoon class when almost all of the major subjects are being scheduled?” Changmin asked through gritted teeth.

Jaejoong and Junsu exchanged glances, as they already know what’s going to happen next.

“Then why did you ditch your classes, idiot?!”

“I didn’t ditched it, forehead, I was excused!”

“Pfft, excused my !”

“Yah! I’m not lying! Unlike someone I know!”

“And what the hell do you mean by that?!”

“Uhm guys, isn’t it better to settle this without shouting at each other? We’re going to be kicked out of the café if you continue to yell at each other.”

“Jaejoongie-hyung is right. Besides, Minnie already told you the reason why he wasn’t able to attend the class this afternoon, Chunnie-hyung. And coach Kaze probably talked to the principal about this matter after class.” Junsu added.

Yoochun sighed and gave a warning look to Changmin. “You can ask coach Kaze if you want to.”

“Fine, I believe you. But this is the last time that you’re going to skip your classes.”

“Uhm, so it’s settled then? You guys are okay now?” Jaejoong asked after a few seconds of awkward silence.

“Yay! Dinnertime!” Junsu happily exclaimed as he clapped his hands.

❤ ❤ ❤

“Yunho-hyung, are you here?” Kibum peeked through the gap of the door. He went in upon hearing his brother’s faint answer.

“What’re you doing here? Don’t tell me you’re studying again?”

Yunho laughed at his dongsaeng’s question, “No, I’m not studying. I’m just reading.”

“Yeah whatever. Aish! HYUNG!”

Startled, Yunho dropped the book he was holding and quizzically looked at Kibum who stormed his way down on the couch and slumped down.

“What now?”

“That Shim Changmin. I can’t believe he’s an athlete. I mean who would believe he’s a high jumper when all he does is to EAT. Can you really believe that?”

“Uh-huh. So what about it? Is it really a big deal to you if he’s a varsity player?”

“No. I’m just shock that’s all. I heard from Junsu that he’s really a great athlete though.”

“Do you want to see him jump?” Yunho asked with a playful smile on his lips.

“No. And I don’t care. I don’t care if he’s an athlete, a popular first year high school student with lots of fan girls and I don’t care if he gets lots of letters from them.” Kibum snapped at him.

“Okay, so why are you so upset about him being in the track-and-field team and receiving lots of love letters from his fan girls?”

“Nothing, okay? I told you I was just surprised he’s an athlete nothing else!”

“Really?”

“Geez hyung! You’re so persistent!”

“Yah, you don’t have to shout.”

“Anyway! I don’t really care. Let’s go and eat dinner, I’m hungry!” Kibum fumed as he stormed off.

Yunho chuckled and shook his head. He made his way to the study table upon noticing that his phone’s LED was blinking.

 

Sender: Changmin

Time: 17:45:05

Subject: Re: Thank you

No problem hyung. Glad to hear you’re fine. Just do me a favor please stop overworking yourself? Stop making your parents and Kibum worry about you. Better tell them what’s happening. Please hyung?

 

Yunho smiled sadly and started to type his reply to Changmin. He sent the message when Kibum barged in the study room and yelled why is he taking too long to come out.

“Arrasso, I’m hungry too. Let’s go.” He smiled at Kibum and put his arms on the younger’s shoulder.

 

Sender: Yunho-hyung

Time: 18:01:44

Subject: Re: Re: Thank you

I will and I’ll try. Thanks again.

 

“Why try when you can actually do it?” Changmin asked out loud. He threw his phone on his bed and lie down. He sighed heavily and closed his eyes.

“Changmin, dinner’s ready. Hurry up!”

“I’ll be there!”


I really made it extra long. Thank you guys for waiting :)

Love you all ^^