Rainy Days

100 DAYS

From the corner of his eyes, Yunho saw Jaejoong leaving the hall. He excused himself from Bo-Ah and from the groups of people he didn’t even bother remembering their names.

Yunho followed soon after. He called out to Jaejoong who seemed not to hear him. He walked faster, more like he started running just to catch up to him.

“Jae!” He grabbed his arm to stop him from walking further. “Where are you going?”

Jaejoong tried to free his arm but Yunho wouldn’t let go. He sighed and stared straight into his eyes. “I’m going home. Please let go of me.”

“I’ll give you a ride back home.”

“Don’t bother. I know where the bus stop is and I don’t get lost easily. I know my way around here.” He answered stubbornly and tried another attempt to free his arm. When Yunho didn’t let go, he glared at him. “Should I really say twice that you have to let go?”

Yunho blinked. He slowly let go of Jaejoong’s arm and when he did, the latter started to walk briskly towards the bus stop.

“Jae, wait.” It only took him two strides before he’s right in front of Jaejoong. He stared at him with eyes full of concern. “Did I do something wrong?”

Jaejoong felt a sharp pang of guilt; he looked down and firmly shook his head. “Then what is it? Let’s go back inside and I’ll call the others. I’m going to give you guys a ride home. I’ll just let Bo-Ah-sshi know we’re leaving and –”

Jaejoong snapped. He walked past by Yunho and ignored the others’ calling. He is so upset – mad – furious and why – why does he need to mention the name he doesn’t want to hear? He groaned inwardly and mentally slapped his face. He hates himself for feeling this way. This is not even right.

“Yah! Jaejoong!” Yunho followed suit. “KIM JAEJOONG, DON’T YOU DARE TAKE ANOTHER STEP AWAY FROM ME.”

Yunho’s voice hollered on the empty street and sent shiver down on Jae’s spine. The latter froze on his spot but didn’t look back.

Yunho stood in front of him; anger, confusion, concern – these emotions are all mirrored on his eyes. And yes, seeing him like this because of him made Jaejoong hate himself even more.

Please, tell me what’s wrong.”

No. Jaejoong can’t say what’s wrong because the reason’s absolutely nonsense and unacceptable. “Let me go,” he said stubbornly and firmly.

“Jae,” Yunho pleaded, he held Jaejoong’s shoulder and lowered himself to level his height. “I did something wrong, didn’t I?” When the latter didn’t answer, Yunho sighed again.

“I’m sorry.”

Jaejoong closed his eyes tight. No, don’t apologize.

“For whatever I did, I’m sorry. Just please – please let’s go back, Jae?” Yunho tugged Jaejoong’s sleeves but the latter stayed still.

“Enough.” Jaejoong said softly, “Leave me alone.”

“Jae –”

“I said, leave me alone! Can’t you understand that? Do I have to explain it to you?” Jaejoong yelled furiously.

Yunho was taken aback because of Jaejoong’s sudden outburst but didn’t let go. Jaejoong glared at him and yanked his arm away. He crossed his arms and started walking again.

Yunho stood there not knowing what to do next. Should he follow Jaejoong and try to talk to him? No that’d be a bad idea. But he can’t leave him alone. He let out a deep breath and followed Jaejoong. This time though, keeping his distance from him.

Jaejoong wants to bury himself on the ground. He wants to disappear right then and there. Why on earth did he yell at Yunho? He did nothing wrong. He was just concerned because of his stupid behavior. He groaned and cursed himself even more. He can feel his face burning and his eyes tearing. Oh, how I hate myself.

They reached the bus stop and Jaejoong sat on the farthest right side of the bench. Yunho stood on the other end – still keeping his distance. He grimaced when he saw that the bus would be arriving in 25 minutes.

Jaejoong hugged himself when a cold breeze began to blow. He rubbed his hands on his arm to make himself warmer though it did no help. He rests his chin on his arm and felt like crying – he wants to go home and sulk in his room. He shivered when a stronger wind blow. He looked up at the night sky and thought it might rain later tonight. He hugged himself tighter and cursed himself because of wearing a short sleeve shirt with a thin fabric for the party. Well, I’m sorry. I didn’t know I have to go outside and wait for the bus. He bit his lower lip to prevent himself from shivering. And now I’m talking to myself. GREAT.

Yunho stood there staring at Jaejoong worriedly. When Jaejoong hugged himself, he didn’t think twice to take off his coat. He draped his coat on Jaejoong’s shoulder and when the latter looked at him with his red nose and teary eyes, he gave him a reassuring nod. “I’m fine so you can use my coat until the bus gets here.”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything and Yunho stared on the other side of the street fumbling his fingers. They stayed like that until the bus came. Without bidding each other goodbye, Jaejoong went inside the bus and settled on the very back seat – trying to be out of Yunho’s sight.

The latter stood there until the bus left. He sighed and scratched his nape. I screwed up big time, didn’t I? He sighed and run his fingers through his hair. Few moments later, he started walking back to the venue.

He saw Junsu on the entrance, anxiously waiting for him and probably Jaejoong. Yunho smiled apologetically to Junsu and explained to him what happened.

Junsu grimaced and shook his head, “Sorry for my hyung’s behaviour. Bet he’ll regret this later.”

“No, I should be the one apologizing.”

Junsu stared at him for a moment and smiled, “Hyung, you’re nice. But please don’t overdo it. People might take advantage of you.”

Yunho chuckled, “Thanks for the advice, Junsu-ah. Anyways, I’ll go get Changmin and Yoochun, guess it’s time to go home.”

Junsu watched Yunho walked back inside. “Oh well, I guess these idiots doesn’t even realize it themselves. What a pain.”

.:::.

The drive back home was not as lively as it did when they went to the party. Changmin was sleeping (‘I hope he doesn’t get stomach ache tomorrow,’ said Junsu), Kibum was quietly watching the scenery outside, Yoochun hasn’t let go of his phone since they left the venue and Junsu is getting annoyed because of this.

“Yoochun-ah, will Changmin stay in your place tonight?” Yunho asked, breaking the silence.

“Ah, ne. He always stays over during weekends.” Yoochun answered without looking up at him.

Yunho nodded his head, eyes still on the road but his mind slowly drifting off somewhere else.

“Yah! Eyes and focus on the road please.” Kibum hissed when he noticed that his brother was scowling; his mind's definitely somewhere else.

Yunho chuckled but didn’t answer his brother, but Kibum knows that something’s wrong. “Hyung,” he called.

“Hm?”

“What happened?” he asked quietly. “Why did Jaejoong-hyung left early?” he added when Yunho didn’t answer.

Yunho shrugged, frowning. He was also confused. He didn’t know why Jaejoong was mad. “I think I did something wrong.”

“Eh? You think –” Kibum eyed his brother. “Oh geez, you were oblivious. Why are you so slow?” he whispered in frustration.

“Did you say something?”

“Nope. Didn’t say anything.”

Yunho took a quick glance at Kibum and smiled. “Definitely heard you say something,” he said.

“Shim Changmin! Wake up!! We’re on Chunnie-hyung’s place already. And can you please wipe off your drool on my shirt? That’s disgusting!”

“Calm down, duck-, no need to yell.” Changmin said as he got up from his seat. “Thanks hyung for tonight.” He added drowsily.

“Thanks for the ride!” Yoochun said a little bit too cheerful before he gets off.

“Ah, I’m so happy I can move freely now.” Junsu stretched his arms and legs. “Our apartment’s twenty minutes away from here, hyung. Just go straight ahead and turn left on the traffic light.”

“Thanks, Su.” Yunho said softly.

.:::.

Junsu went straight to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. He took a quick glance on his brother’s bedroom door and debate himself whether to check on him or not. He sighed and approached the door.

“Hyung,” he called. “Are you still awake?”

He stood there for a couple minutes and when he realized his brother's not going to answer, he decided to leave. “If you wanna talk I’ll just be on my room, okay?”

.:::.

Kibum eyed his brother suspiciously when Yunho parked the car in front of their house. “Aren’t you going to park it in the garage or what?”

“Uhm,” Yunho hesitated and stared ahead, “You go ahead, I need to go somewhere.”

Kibum stayed there for a minute, silently observing his brother. Trying to find answers the latter won’t provide even if he nags him forever. Just then he threw his arms and groaned. “Whatever. You have your keys, right? I’ll let them know you’ll be home late.”

“Thanks Kibum.”

As soon as the younger Jung got inside the house, Yunho went straight to a flower shop not too far from the neighborhood. Desperately hoping it’s still open – and as expected, the rain starts to fall giving Yunho a hard time. He cursed under his breath when a cat suddenly crossed the streets that made him stepped on the break suddenly.

.:::.

Jaejoong knows that Junsu is concerned about him but he didn’t go to his brother’s room to confide or tell what had happened. To explain why he left the party earlier. He sighed and stared at his phone. It’s been vibrating nonstop since he got home and it’s still vibrating now, Yunho’s caller id on the screen. He closed his eyes and tried to not feel guilty. He winced. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I’m a mess right now. I don’t know what’s happening to me.” He hugged himself and watched as his phone continues to vibrate.

It stopped vibrating and he wonders why. He laughed bitterly at himself, of course it’ll stop vibrating – of course Yunho will stop calling him. What does he expect? He shook his head and walked to his bedroom window. The rain is still pouring, I wonder if it’ll rain for the rest of the week.

He was about to turn away when something caught his eyes. Down on the street, someone without an umbrella was standing beside a silver mini van – it didn’t took him too long to realize who that someone is. Jaejoong took a spare towel in the bathroom, grabbed an umbrella and ran out of the building as fast as he could.

“Yunho!” He yelled as soon as he was out of the door. Yunho looked at him and even though the latter was trying to hide it through his smile, his shivering didn’t escape Jaejoong’s eyes.

“What the hell are you thinking?” Jaejoong asked loudly. Tears welling on his eyes when he saw Yunho up close – his lips are a little bit pale and on this distance, he confirmed that Yunho is definitely shivering.

“Oh my – PABO!” He yelled in frustration. He pulled Yunho closer to him so that they’ll fit under the umbrella. Jaejoong draped the towel over Yunho’s shoulder as the latter offered to hold the umbrella. Moments later, Yunho is being dragged inside the building.

“What were you thinking?” Jaejoong repeated. And before Yunho could even answer (again), he was dragged upstairs and was pushed inside Jaejoong and Junsu’s apartment.

“Jae –”

“Shut up and take a shower first. We’ll talk later.” And for the third time, he was pushed again, this time in the bathroom.

Jaejoong Junsu’s lights, which made the latter whimper because of the sudden brightness of the room.

“Where are Changmin’s clothes?”

“Hm? Changmin’s here?” Junsu asked groggily.

“No,” Jaejoong sighed, “Yunho’s here.”

“Bwoh?” Junsu get up and all the sleepiness he feels are forgotten. “Wae?”

“I don’t know – ugh, where does Changmin put his clothes?”

“Umm, second drawer, on the left. Is he staying over?”

“I don’t know. He’s taking a shower right now. That pabo Yunho was standing outside without any umbrella. He’s completely soaked when I went out to get him.” Jaejoong explained hastily, not bothering to slow down.

Junsu stared at him, “He was outside? Wet? For how long?”

“I wish I know all the answers.” Jaejoong answered impatiently. “You think Changmin’s clothes will fit him?”

Junsu sat straight and shrugged his shoulders, “I guess so. They’re almost the same height, right?”

“Okay. This will do. I’ll be in the kitchen making soup, goodnight, Su.” Jaejoong kissed Junsu’s forehead and left. The latter sat there with mouth agape. The last time he saw his brother this distressed and panicky was when they were in grade school and he caught flu – their grandparents were out of town leaving Jaejoong by himself to take care of him.

“Oh well, worrying is good sometimes.”

Jaejoong knocked on the bathroom door, “Yunho, I’ll put Changmin’s spare clothes on the table. It’s just outside the door.” When he heard Yunho’s answer, he then proceeded to the kitchen.

.:::.

A mixture of strawberry and vanilla scent wafted through his nose. He turned around and found Yunho standing near the dining table – his hair still dripping wet. He frowned, fighting the urge to scold Yunho. He grabbed the towel out of his hand and asked him to sit. Yunho didn’t say anything and complied.

Jaejoong was into drying Yunho’s hair that he almost forgot about the soup. “Here eat this,” he walked back to the counter, took a mug and set it down on the table, “and drink this after. It’s an herbal tea.” He added hastily when Yunho gave him a what-is-that-kind-of look.

“It might help fight back a fever.” Jaejoong touched Yunho’s forehead, “You’re a little bit warm.” The latter just sat there in surprised.

“Sorry,” Jaejoong bit his lower lip, “just checking your temperature.” Yunho nodded slowly and started eating. Jaejoong on the other hand, went to the sink and tried to wash the utensils he had used for cooking.

He took a quick glance at Yunho who was still eating and noticed that Yunho was forcing himself to empty the contents of the bowl. He approached him and sighed, “Hey, you don’t have to force yourself. If you’re done eating just say so.”

Yunho winced inwardly as he heard the annoyance in Jaejoong’s voice. He tried to apologize but the latter seemed to be more interested in washing the dishes. Jaejoong took the bowl and left him again. Yunho grabbed the mug and as soon as he took a sip, he made a disgusting face and fights the urge to spit it out.

Jaejoong look behind him and had to stifle a laugh when he saw Yunho. He took a glass of water and gave it to him, which Yunho gladly took.

“Too bitter for you?”

“Yeah.”

“Sorry. But trust me, that tea is really effective. Wait for me in the living room, I’ll just finish what I’m doing and then we’ll talk. Properly.”

Yunho stared at Jaejoong retreating back and shook his head. He stood up and crap he’s starting to feel it – he’s getting dizzy. He sat quickly and leaned back. Moments later, Jaejoong emerged from the dining looking really serious.

“Um –”

“Why are you here? What were you doing outside? Do you know you can get sick because of your stupidity? Did you even think about that?”

Yunho stared at him, a little bit perplexed. He blinked and sat straight, “Jae –”

“Explain yourself.”

Yunho looked down and took a deep breath. “I was trying to call you earlier, supposed to tell you I’m outside – but,” he glanced at him, “you’re not picking it up. I don’t know what number your apartment is so I – I kinda wait outside and –”

“Tried to phone me again in case I pick up and then you’ll tell me to look outside the window and I’ll find you there soaked in the rain.” Jaejoong scoffed while Yunho cringe. He didn’t know this side of Jaejoong – his y side. He doesn’t feel any disappointment though; instead he was happy despite the situation he was at now. He is glad that he was able to see two different sides of Jaejoong in one day – the y Jaejoong and the mad Jaejoong.

“I’m sorry.” He said in a softer voice. Jaejoong didn’t say anything, but his eyes soften and look like he’s about to cry.

“I’m sorry I went here and waited outside the building and getting myself soak. I’m sorry I –”

“Save it.” Jaejoong whispered.

Yunho tilted his head, “You’re still mad at me?”

“I’m not mad at you. I’m supposed to be the one apologizing to you, Yunho-ah, not the other way around.”

“But you didn’t do anything wrong.”

“I’m mad at myself. I’m so – I’m sorry about how I acted earlier. I didn’t mean to walk out of the party or to yell at you. I’m sorry –”

Jaejoong wasn’t able to finish his sentence because he got pulled by Yunho and was suddenly crash into the other’s chest. He was taken aback by the sudden hug but relaxed soon after. The warmth he feels from Yunho’s hug is really comforting – he feels like crying.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered as he hugged him back.

“Shh, stop saying you’re sorry.” Yunho cooed, “you didn’t do anything wrong to me.”

Jaejoong doesn’t know how long have they been on each other’s arms. When he let go, he saw Yunho’s tired and sleepy eyes staring back at him, “Sleep. You need to rest.”

“Stay here?” Yunho pleaded as he tried to fight back the sleep.

“I’ll grab the pillows and the blanket –”

“Sleep with me…” Yunho said in a mere whisper.

“I’ll be right back.” With one last tug, Yunho let go of him and let Jaejoong help him lie down on the couch.

As Jaejoong turned to get the pillows and blanket, something caught his eyes. He approached the table not too far from the door and picked it up. A smile formed in his lips as he smell the bouquet of red roses. A small card fell from it and even though the rain made the ink smeared, he can still make out the words written on the card. Forgive me?

“Pabo.” He whispered and smells the roses again. He took the empty vase, pour water on it and put the roses. He smiled again and went to the stock room/closet to get the pillows and blanket.

He went back to where Yunho was sleeping at and can’t help but feel worried when Yunho was shivering a little bit. He quickly took the blanket and covered him; he then placed the pillow under Yunho’s head. Jaejoong was about to go in his room when Yunho pulled him harder, he fell on top of Yunho and blushed.

“Yunho,” he tried to get up but Yunho’s hold tightens.

“Stay.” Yunho whispered, his voice raspy. He coughed and Jaejoong tried to soothe his chest.

“I’ll go grab a glass of water.”

“No.” Yunho hugged him tighter, “Stay here, I’m fine.”

Jaejoong stayed still, listening to Yunho’s heartbeat. When he heard the soft snores coming from Yunho, he calmed down. He looked up and stared at Yunho whose lips are partly parted. His eyes roamed on the sleeping face of Yunho, he touched the scars and felt the urge to kiss it.

His eyes widened by the sudden thought of it and mentally slap himself. His face is burning and his heart’s beating fast. Jaejoong felt uncomfortable and wants to go back to his room. He was about to get up when Yunho pulled him closer and kissed the top of his head. “Sleep,” he heard him whisper.

The gesture made Jaejoong calmed down. And not long after, he finally went to sleep.

.:::.

Junsu rubbed his eyes and tried to turn off his alarm. Why did he forgot to un-set his alarm last night, was all he could think about. He tossed and his bed trying to get back to sleep. Half an hour later, he gave up. He threw the blanket on the floor and glared at his alarm clock. “I hate you.” He muttered.

He picked up the blanket and made the bed. Went to the washroom and took a quick shower before deciding to go the kitchen check what’s for breakfast. He was deciding between cereals and waffles when hew saw two figures cuddling on their couch.

“Oh.” He said, his breakfast debate completely forgotten. He went to his room, took his phone and went back to the living room.

“Sorry hyung-deul.” He whispered as a naughty grin formed in his lips. “And now, time to call Kibum to let him know his pabo-hyung stayed over.” He skipped happily back into his room.

Junsu went out of his room hours later when he heard some movements from the kitchen. Jaejoong apologized to him upon realizing that he overslept and forgot it’s already lunchtime. Yunho was still lying on the couch, still sick.

He made his way to Yunho and smiled at him, “Feeling better?”

The older Jung nods and tried to get up but Junsu stopped him. “You have to lie down for now. Not until Jaejoong-hyung say you can do so.” Junsu helped him lie down again, “and I already called Kibum you’re staying with us.”

“Did tell him that –”

“I think I forgot to let him know that you’re sick, though. Hold on a sec, I’ll send him a message.”

“No. It’s fine. He doesn’t need to know I’m sick. My fever will eventually go down.” Yunho said frantically.

Junsu eyed him suspiciously, “Are you sure bout that hyung?”

“Positive. He’ll just worry about me again.”

“Whatever you say.” Junsu huffed and settled on the foot of the couch. He the TV, “Don’t watch, ok? If hyung catches you watching he’ll nag nonstop.” Yunho laughed and watched the rain outside the window instead.

A yell from the kitchen made Junsu leap onto his feet quickly and squealed excitedly. “LUNCH TIME!”

Moments later, Jaejoong emerged from the kitchen carrying a bowl of porridge. “And here’s your lunch,” he said as he put the bowl on the table and help Yunho sit.

Jaejoong sat beside him and began to spoon-feed Yunho.

DING DONG.

“I got it!” Junsu called out from the kitchen.

Right after Junsu opened the door, Changmin barged in and went right away to the kitchen. “Yah!”

“I guess I have to apologize to my dongsaeng’s behaviour. I can’t blame him though, we can smell your lunch right outside the door.” Yoochun chuckled as he invite himself inside.

“You’re exaggerating! Why are you guys here anyway?” Junsu shrieked.

“Calm down, duck-. Changmin, as you know him, went here because he wants Jaejoong’s cooking. As for me, I came here to witness –” the rest of his sentence were cut off as soon as they entered the living room.

There on the couch, Yoochun saw Jaejoong feeding Yunho tenderly – while the other gaze at him lovingly. Yoochun stared at them for a brief moment before turning back to Junsu.

“What’s for lunch again?”


A / N

Hi guys! Terribly sorry if I went MIA and didn't update for months. I was just too lazy to update 100 Days and things aren't helping at work -_- Anyways, I hope this chapter can make up for my tardiness kekeke. And -- if you guys can help me find this fic I've been desperately wanting to read again but obviously doesn't remeber where I read and what what the title of the fic is. Here's the link/plot in case you've decided to help me LOL (--LINK--).

Thanks for patiently waiting like forever.