THANK YOU

100 DAYS

“This is…”

“This is where the original designs are kept.”

“Original designs?”

“Hmm. Let’s go over here.”

Even though Jaejoong is confused as to where they are and what does Yunho wants to show him, he still followed suit.

“Look, this is Kibum’s very first design.” Yunho said proudly as he points to a silver brooch with different kind of stones on it.

“A dragonfly? And he designed it, you said?”

“Yeah! He made it when he was in grade school. If I remembered correctly, it’s a school project. And when he received full marks on it and showed it to us, appa included it immediately on the summer collection.”

“That’s awesome. A grade-schooler designed this? Wow.”

While Jaejoong was totally immersed with the shining brooch in front of him, Yunho went to the other side of the room wherein numerous of greatly designed necklaces are being kept.

When Jaejoong realized the absence of the other on his side, he looked around the room and saw Yunho staring intently at a specific jewelry. He approached him quietly; careful not to break the trance his friend is at.

Now that he can see his friend’s expression clearly, there’s a hinge of sadness and longing on his smile. Jaejoong followed to where Yunho was staring.

“An heirloom?”

“Not really. This is the last thing that Sukkie-hyung made. From the design to the making of the necklace.” Yunho smiled and touched the glass wherein the said accessory is placed.

“Sukkie?” Jaejoong kept quiet even though he’s dying to know who’s this Sukkie-hyung.

“Hmm… Sukkie-hyung. He’s my older brother.”

Jaejoong stared at Yunho not believing what he just said, “And in case you thought that I’m kidding, I’m not.” The latter smiled at him and look back at the glass container.

“He died when I was eight. Kibum probably doesn’t remember him anymore.”

“But I thought it’s just you and Kibum…”

“Eh?” For the second time, Yunho looked at Jaejoong and received the latter’s confused gaze.

“Oh, I forgot, my grandfather asked the media not to publicized the incident that killed him. Maybe that’s the reason why—

“But… I don’t know either that you have an older brother. And I think that most of the people doesn’t know about him.”

“Yeah, that’s because Sukkie-hyung used a different name and when appa learned about that, he got really mad and told hyung not to show his face in the house anymore.”

“Wait, your dad disowned him?”

“Yeah, he disowned him for a day. Appa apologized immediately to him and well, since hyung is kind, forgave him, only if he’ll agree to his condition.”

“But, how come the media and the people of Korea or even the whole world doesn’t know about your hyung?”

“Appa is a family man. He doesn’t want us to get involved in this industry. He wants us to just continue living a normal life. Far away from the messy and full of danger world he’s at. But that changed when Sukkie-hyung started helping the company; like designing stuffs, making proposals and such—with a different name. Dad was furious but cooled down when they had a talk. So appa decided to announce to everyone about hyung being his successor. But a week before that, Sukkie-hyung died.” Yunho’s voice softens and his eyes began to water.

Jaejoong, who doesn’t know what to say, gave him a hug. “Sorry,” he whispered. “You don’t have to tell me that if it hurts you. Just… just… let’s just go, ne?”

Yunho hugged him back, “My brother told me that he’ll be with me and Kibum. That he’s going to protect us and watch us grow. Hey, Joongie… do you believe in white promises? Promises that you know will never be kept yet hopelessly believing it’ll happen?”

“Yunho—

Yunho chuckled and hugged him tighter, “Being a child, I believed those words and it hurts me when he died. But I’m not sad or mad anymore because he can’t fulfill those promises. I know he’s been watching over me and Kibum; that he’s been protecting us.”

Jaejoong stayed silent and rub small circles on Yunho’s back. After a while, Yunho let go of him and smiled.

“Mianhe. But I didn’t bring you here to hear that sad story.” He scratched his nape and look back at the jewel.

“I just want to show you this one. And introduce you to him though this isn’t the right place to do that, huh?”

Jaejoong bit his lower lip and take a look at the said jewelry. “Don’t feel bad, Yunho-ah. Somehow, I’m happy that you opened this to me. I didn’t expect that… that you have an older brother. I mean… I should be the one apologizing. It’s a touchy subject, isn’t it?”

Yunho smiled genuinely, “It’s not anymore, though whenever I want to talk about him, there’s no one I can talk to. I know Eomma’s trying to avoid the topic, so is Appa, and Kibum, as I’ve said, he probably doesn’t remember him anymore. But it’s not that we want to forget about him.”

“I know.” Jaejoong step closer to him, “If you can’t find anyone whom you want to talk about him, I’m always here. I’ll listen.”

The two stared at each other for a couple of minutes. Jaejoong knows that he has to look away but he can’t help staring at the taller one’s almond-shaped eyes.

“Yah! What are you two doing here?! Don’t you know that this is a restricted area and only those who have VIP ids are allowed to go in here?! Yah! You two follow me in the management office!”

Jaejoong jumped in surprise when a loud voice echoed throughout the room.

“Yah! Are you coming with me or do you want to be kicked out and be dragged outside?!”

“Yunho,” Jaejoong whispered nervously. Yunho smiled and held his hand, “Let’s go.”

While they were walking out of the room, the employee gave them an insolent look, staring at them from head to toe.

“How’d you sneak in?” he demanded.

“Aah, you see—

“Mr. Kobane, what’s going on here?” A man in black suit approached them when Yunho and Jaejoong got out of the VIP room.

“Ah, General Manager Hwang! I’ve found these two inside the VIP room! They might be planning on stealing —

“Calm down, Mr. Kobane. I’m sure these high-school students aren’t planning to do that.”

“But how did they get in?”

Mr. Hwang looked at Jaejoong, “Ah, I…”

“I actually used this,” Yunho answered. “Sorry for not contacting you earlier,” he smiled apologetically and hand his id to Mr. Hwang.

The Japanese employee, Mr. Kobane, snatched the id from the General Manager when the latter’s eyes grew big.

“What kind of id is this? This is different from the others—Ouch!” he dropped the id upon receiving a smack on his head.

“You imbecile—idiot! You should apologize to them, now!”

“Why should I apologize?! Aish! You don’t have to hit me that hard, Mr. Hwang!”

“Fine! You don’t have to apologize as long as it’s okay for you to lose your job!” Mr. Hwang made a 90degree bow repeatedly.

“Bwoh?! Why am I going to lose my job? Who is he anyway?!” Mr. Hwang grabbed Mr. Kobane’s head and forced him to bow.

“On behalf of my stupid employee, I deeply apologize for any trouble he had caused you and for his inappropriate behavior.”

“You don’t have to apologize. Please stop doing that. I’m actually grateful that we have an employee like him that’s passionate on his job. Please, stop apologizing already. He’s only doing his job.”

“But this—he accused you of—

“Ah, you really don’t have to worry about that. I’m also at fault here, I didn’t tell you that I’ll be visiting the store.”

“I’m really sorry—

“As I’ve said, it’s fine.” Yunho smiled at them. Mr. Hwang bowed for the last time and picked up Yunho’s id.

“We have to go now, Mr. Hwang. Please excuse us. Have a good day.” Yunho held Jaejoong’s hand and lead the way to the elevator.

“Mr. Hwang, who’s that kid?” Mr. Kobane asked when the two were out of sight already.

YOU! How can you assume that they are thieves! What will you do if you lose your job or if I lose mine? Aish! It’s good thing that Mr. Jung’s son is really nice and considerate.” He wiped the sweat off of his forehead and breathes deeply.

“Wait, what?! Which one?”

“Are you stupid or something? Of course the one who showed us his id. Yah! One of these days I’m gonna fire you because of your stupidity.”

“But, Mr. Hwang, that kid, he doesn’t look like Mr. Jung at all!”

“Shut up or I’ll kick your out of this building!”

* * *

“Sorry about what had happened.”

Jaejoong just shook his head and smiled. “Don’t worry about me. Even those who work at your store don’t recognize you. I’m quite… amused.”

Yunho chuckled, “They know my dad, though. I told you it’s because appa hid us from the public.”

“Business world is scary, that’s for sure. I won’t be pursuing any career related to that.”

“Bwoh? It’s actually fun. You’ve got to meet new people, make some friends, go to parties and —

“Sheesh! I’m not into parties and I’m not a social butterfly.” Jaejoong laughed and looked at Yunho, “If you’re enjoying it, why don’t you take over your family business instead of giving it to Kibum?”

“It might not seem obvious but Kibum is way better than me. He is more business minded than me and I always ask for his opinion.”

“Is that, so? But… why­—Oh! Sorry! I’ve been asking too many questions.”

Yunho chuckled and ruffled Jaejoong’s hair, “Nah, it’s okay. Kibum is still young. I want him to enjoy his teenage years.”

“Well, you are still young. You actually need a break.” Jaejoong mumbled. He looked at Yunho, “Why don’t you slow down and enjoy being a teenager? You’ve got lots of time to focus on your business when you graduate in college.”

“I’ve been trying to but, I find it hard to let go.” Yunho smiled at him and look at the elevator door.

I’m starting to hate that smile you put on when you are obviously hiding something.

*DING!

“HYUNG! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I’ve been trying to call you but your phone is out of reach. I thought you two already left!”

“Oh hi, Changmin. We went to the second—

“Let’s eat dinner! I’m already starving and man~ your main branch looks like a gallery than a store. Hurry up!”

Jaejoong and Yunho stared at each other. They both laughed and followed Changmin who’s already outside the door; giving them hand signals to hurry up.

* * *

“What do you guys want to do after this?” Yunho asked the two while they are waiting for their orders.

“Hmm, I don’t know.” Changmin shrugged and looked hungrily at the next table’s food. Jaejoong, who noticed what the younger one’s doing, nudge his elbow immediately. Changmin stared at him annoyingly; Jaejoong shot him a warning glare and Yunho laughed upon seeing the silent war between the two. Jaejoong faked a cough and kicked Changmin’s legs under the table. He looked apologetically to Yunho and lowered his head.

“Why don’t we go and chill at the park? Anyway, where’s Junsu?” Changmin asked while rubbing his leg.

“He is with an old friend but he didn’t tell me who.”

Changmin nodded his head, “Geez, where’s our food? I’m hungry!”

“Patience, Changmin. It’s not as if the food’s going to run away from you.”

“But I’m starving! Their service is so slow! Why did I choose to eat here? Oh God!”

“Shim Changmin! Stop shouting! You’re disturbing the others. This is embarrassing.” Jaejoong whispered to him while taking a bow to ‘apologize’.

“But I’m gonna DIE. I’m starving. You do understand me, ne, Yunho-hyung?” Changmin looked at Yunho who was covering his mouth as to not laugh out loud.

“YAH! This is a serious case! It’s been three hours since the last time I ate. THREE LONG HOURS!” Changmin stated as a matter-of-fact.

Yunho couldn’t hold his laughter anymore and let it out. The costumers that were sitting near their tables, looked at them weirdly. Jaejoong caught the manager’s (somewhat) angry stare.

“Yunho, Changmin, stop it. PLEASE.” But Yunho ignored him and Changmin continued whining. The two stopped what they’re doing when the orders are served.

“I’m so full~” Changmin said while rubbing his stomach.

“Finally. You are full.” Jaejoong mumbled.

“So what kind of movie you two watched?”

“I don’t actually remember the title. And uhm, we didn’t watch the whole movie.”

“You two fell asleep?”

“No. We erm, got bored. So we decided to get out of the theaters and went window-shopping. Then we went to the store, that’s when you show up.”

“Ooh, really?” Changmin nodded and looked at the two suspiciously, “Sounds like a date to me.” He added teasingly.

Jaejoong’s face immediately turned red and glared at Changmin. Yunho on the other hand almost choked on the water he was drinking.

“Why don’t we… why don’t we go to the park or Han river and have some night walk?” Jaejoong suggested.

“Han River seems like a good idea to me.” Changmin said as he once again, burst into laughter.

* * *

“Night breeze in Seoul is still wonderful.” Yunho said admiringly.

“Heh, of course it is! Is it different in Japan?” Changmin asked while munching a stick of Odeng (a Korean street food ^^)

“Hmm, it’s the same for me. But of course the environment is different. Being on your birth country feels really nice.”

“Is it hard growing up in a different country with a different culture?”

“I find it hard but I got used to it somehow. As for Kibum, he was still young back then so he mingled with the other kids pretty fine.”

“You guys, are you sure you don’t want to eat anything?” Changmin suddenly offered.

Yunho smiled while Jaejoong made a sickening face, “No, thank you. I’m already full because I just ate dinner.”

“This is delicious! You should try it Yunho-hyung!” Changmin shoved the stick to Yunho but the latter shook his head. (Changmin has two sticks of Odeng by the way).

“I’m hoping you won’t have any stomach ache tonight, Changmin.” Jaejoong said while shaking his head.

“Don’t worry, hyung, I won’t. I will drink plenty of water when I got home.” He answered with a grin on his face.

“Let’s take a seat over there.” Yunho said and without waiting for the two to answer, he goes ahead and look for a spot to be seated at.

Changmin and Jaejoong just shrugged and followed him.

“The river’s really pretty.” Yunho whispered.

“Yeah,”

“I’ll be right back. I forgot to buy some bottled water. You guys want anything?”

“No, thanks.”

The two let the silence reign as they watch and enjoys the scenery in front of them.

“So peaceful. It reminds me of a place I used to visit back in Japan.” Jaejoong looked at him full of curiosity.

“I used to go to that place whenever I feel down or whenever I got pressured. It was really beautiful. You can see everything from where you are standing. I want to go there again when I have time. Or maybe, we should go there sometime. What do you think?”

“Hmm, sounds fun.” Jaejoong smiled and inhaled the fresh air. He closed his eyes and feels the warm breeze on his skin.

“Hey Jae…”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you. Don’t ask the reason why. I just want to say thank you.”

Jaejoong chuckled but didn’t open his eyes, “You don’t have to.”

“Thank you…”

Jaejoong opened his eyes slowly when he heard Yunho’s sleepy voice so close to his left ear. When he was about to look at him, the latter’s head fell on his shoulder.

“Yah~ you really fell asleep? You should have told us that you’re tired already.” He stared at Yunho’s sleeping form, roamed his eyes on his face paying attention to his eyelashes, his nose, his perfect jawline, the mole located his upper left lip, and his heart-shaped lips. “It’s a face you’ll be surely envious of.”

His eyebrows furrowed when something caught his attention. Scars. Where did he got those? He lift his right hand and touch the scar on Yunho’s left cheek and under his left eye. He caressed it gently. Upon realizing what he was doing, he pulled his hand and felt his face getting warm. “Geez! What am I doing?” He scolded himself and took a deep breath.

He didn’t want to wake Yunho so he let him sleep for a while until Changmin came back. The three of them hailed a cab and went back home deciding to call it a night.


 

 

A/N:

TIME CHECK! 3:15 AM

I've finally finally updated this chapter! *sigh of relief* Took me sooo long! Sorry guys for neglecting this fic for a month. I honestly don't know how to continue it and uum, the storyline got messed up so... FORGIVE ME? :)

A big shout out to the story's new subscribers ^O^ have fun reading guys. And also for all of you who patiently waits for the update hehe :* I LOVE YOU GUYS :)

And to you silent reader, THANK YOU :D