Gemma Vitae

100 DAYS

They are late.

Jaejoong looked at his wristwatch for the nth time that day. Geez, I can’t really trust that greasy-wide-forehead Yoochun when it comes to this.

“Ne, hyung~ why isn’t Chunnie-hyung here yet? Is he lost or something?” Junsu said as he look left and right. They’re in front of the movie theater waiting for the Jung brothers and the Park cousins (Yoochun and Changmin).

“I don’t know, Junsu. We should already expect this to happen since Yoochun’s the one who organized it. He might have an emergency or something.” Jaejoong sighed and leaned on the wall.

Junsu giggled and sat, “Yeah, he always does this, ne? I wonder if he’ll ever change?”

“Who knows?“

“Ah! There’s Yunho-hyung! Hyung!! Over here!” Junsu jumped up on his feet and waved his arms. Jaejoong stood properly and smiled at him.

“Hey, sorry guys for making you wait.”

“It doesn’t matter. Eh? Where’s Kibum-ah? Washroom?”

Yunho smiled apologetically and scratched his un-itchy head, “Hmm, he can’t come today. He’s not feeling well.”

“What’s wrong with him?” Jaejoong said worriedly.

“He said he’s having a headache but when I checked up on him, turns out that he’s having a slight fever. I told him I’ll just stay at home and look after him but he throw a pillow at me and yelled that I should go.” Yunho chuckled and stand between Junsu and Jaejoong.

“He also told me that you shouldn’t worry about him.”

“Hmm, but I wish he’s here also. And where’s Minnie and Chunnie-hyung, now?”

As if on cue, Jae’s phone rings, “Eh? But you’re the one who said we should hangout today. Yah~ Yoochun-ah!” Jaejoong stared at his phone in disbelief.

“Eh, waeyo?” Junsu looked at him worriedly.

“Geez that Yoochun, I can’t believe he’s ditching us today. He said he’s going to Jeju.”

“Wait what!? Why on earth is he on Jeju?” Junsu screamed which made the passing crowd look at him. The three of them apologized and bowed at the same time.

“You don’t have to shout.” Jaejoong elbowed him and bowed once again.

“I can’t help it.” Junsu groaned.

“So we’re just waiting on Changmin now?” Yunho said as he takes a look at the poster of movies posted on the wall.

“I don’t think so. Yoochun told me that he’s running errands on SNUH.”

“SNUH?”

“His Dad’s working as a neurologist there.”

“Neurologist?”

Junsu looked at Yunho curiously, “Hey, hyung, do you want to ask what neurologist is?”

Jaejoong’s eyes widen, “Junsu!” he warned him. The latter looked at him but ignored his warning.

“Because Yunho-hyung, you seem like asking what’s the meaning of the last words on Jaejoong-hyung’s sentence.”

Yunho laughed heartily and look apologetically at Jaejoong, “Is that so? I’m sorry if it sounds like that. I was just thinking which neurologist is Changmin’s father.”

“Why?” Jaejoong asked curiously.

“Hmm~ I met a neurologist on one of my dad’s business party when I was a child. Then I also met his son. We played a lot back then but we moved in Japan. Well, that was long ago and I already forgot the face of the kid and the name of that neurologist.”

“Ooh~ Dr. Shim Dongmin, that’s his name. Does it ring any bell?”

Yunho smiled and shook his head, “No, anyway thank you. You don’t have to worry yourself about that. And I think we should start deciding which movie to see.”

 

“Here’s your ticket.” Jaejoong said while handing the ticket to Junsu.

“I’ll go buy some food and drinks.”

“Yunho-hyung, I want popcorn and ice tea. Oh, Jae-hyung I’m just going to the washroom, I’ll be right back so wait for me.”

* * *

Urgh! Why do Chunnie-hyung and Changmin didn’t show up today? And to think that Chunnie-hyung’s the one who planned this. What was he thinking going to Jeju when he already told us that we would be going out this weekend? That greasy-wide-forehead-playboy-hyung.

Oh well, this is good. At least I’m going to have a chance on spying Jaejoong-hyung and Yunho-hyung. Junsu sniggered and continue walking towards the men’s washroom.

He was washing his hands when suddenly, someone grabs him and that someone covered his eyes.

“Yah! What’re you trying to do! Let go of me! Hyung! Help me!!” The stranger covered his mouth to prevent him from shouting again. And then, he felt another pair of hands roaming around his body as if trying to find something.

He was about to cry when he heard a familiar voice, “Hyung, you can let go of him now.”

Upon being released, Junsu shoved the one who was in front of him and look behind him.

YOU!

* * *

“Oh.” Jaejoong stared at his phone in amazement.

“Why?” Yunho walked towards him with two popcorn bucket and three drinks on both hands/arms.

“Junsu texted me that he bumps into an old friend. They will watch the movie together and that we can go inside first.”

“Eh? How about his ticket?”

“I already gave it to him.”

“Is that so… Hmm, should we go inside now, then?”

“I guess.” Jaejoong said while trying to help Yunho carry a bucket of popcorn, which the latter refused to give.

“Lend me that bucket of popcorn. You don’t have to carry those all by yourself.”

“Don’t worry about it. Besides, these aren’t heavy at all.”

“But still—

“If we don’t hurry up, we might end up sitting at the back. Pali Jaejoong-ah!” Yunho smiled at him and tried to grab his hand but end up almost dropping the bucket of popcorn. Jaejoong giggled and forcefully take one of the buckets and drink.

“I told you, you need some help.”

* * *

Thirty minutes had already passed since the movie had started. Yunho feels sleepy and tried to move on his seat so that he’d be more comfortable when he saw Jaejoong’s face, which seems like screaming ‘I’m bored’.

“Should we just go?”

Jaejoong startled when Yunho whispered in his left ear. He looked at him not knowing their face will be centimeters apart. He leaned back slowly and faked a cough.

“T-that wouldn’t be good. I mean, if we leave, how about Junsu?”

“We can just wait for him outside.”

“But the movie…”

“I’m starting to get sleepy and you’re bored, right? We should really just go.”

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong said softly when they get out of the theatre.

“For what?”

“Hmm, the movie made you sleepy.”

Yunho laughed hard but stopped immediately upon seeing Jaejoong’s confuse gaze. “You shouldn’t be apologizing for something like that. Besides, it’s not your fault that the movie is boring.”

“But I was the one who—

“And as far as I can remember, it was Junsu who suggested to watch it, right? And I know that you’re not also enjoying it so it’s best if we leave, right?”

“Well~ I guess so?”

“You don’t have to think about it, seriously. Let’s eat first while waiting for Junsu.”

Jaejoong just nod his head and walked beside Yunho while deciding what to eat and where to go while waiting for his dongsaeng.

* * *

“Did Junsu texted you already?” Yunho asked while paying at the counter. An hour had already passed but Junsu haven’t texted them yet.

“Maybe the movie’s still on going. I already left him a message though.”

“Why don’t we just go around the mall? We can kill time by shopping or whatever you want to do is fine with me.”

“That’s a good idea. I have to buy something too.”

“We better get going then.”

 

“Don’t you have a store located here?” Jaejoong asked Yunho as they were sitting on a bench taking a rest and well, eating ice cream.

“Hmm?”

He stared at Yunho for a while, who was busy savouring his ice cream, before repeating his question.

“Oh~ I really don’t know if we have small branches in malls or something.” Yunho answered without even looking at him.

“I see.”

Yunho looked up at him with a childish grin on his face, “Hey, wanna go to the main branch?”

“Main branch… of what?”

“Gemma Vitae.”

“Gem—What’s that?”

“Gem of Life. That’s the original name of the main branch of our store here in Korea.”

“Gem... gemma vi-vi what?”

“Gemma Vitae. My dad told me that his great grandfather loved Latin language that’s why he decided to name the store in Latin.”

“Gemma Vitae.” Jaejoong repeats all over again, which made Yunho laugh.

 “Yah, stop it! I’m Korean and I find it hard to pronounce okay?” Jaejoong pretends to be mad and cross his arms on his chest.

“Mianhe, don’t get mad now.” Yunho pinched his left cheek, which made the latter yelp in pain.

Jaejoong rubbed his left cheek as he glared at Yunho who’s apologizing and laughing non-stop now.

“Does it still hurt?” Instead of answering Yunho’s question, Jaejoong smiled mischievously and pinched both of his cheeks.

“Can you already feel what I’ve felt earlier when you did that to me?”

“Aah, ara, ara, let go of me now, Jae. That hurts…”

After a minute or two, Jaejoong finally let go of the other’s cheek. “Not fair.” Yunho whined.

Jaejoong giggled and grabbed his arm, “Stop whining and let’s go!”

* * *

~Chagabge anajwo~

~Sesange matsoyahe~

~Jogi kkaji gamyon kkuti boilkka—

“Yob—Junsu! Hey, where are you?”

“I’m supposed to be the one asking you that question, hyung. Where. Are. You.”

“I’m at the south exit with Yunho we’re about to go to this Gem—gem… whatever, then I remembered you haven’t called yet. We’re waiting for you here, in front of —”

“Ah, about that, erm—Junsu faked a cough and tried to laugh on the other line though Jaejoong sensed something’s wrong with him.

“Hey, you sound terrible, did you just—are you in pain?” Jaejoong began to panic. Yunho walked closer to him and hold his hand asking silently what’s wrong.

“N-nothing to worry about, hyung. I’m fine. I’m okay. Everything’s all right. It’s just that… uhmm, I… I ate something that made my stomach upset and needs to go home ASAP.”

“I’m going home with you —

“You don’t have to worry about me because this friend of mine already gave me meds. You and Yunho-hyung should just go ahead. And, and… Changmin, Changmin might go with you too.”

“Junsu~”

“I promise I call you right away if it’ll get worst, my stomach. Bye, hyung, I really —badly need to go.”

And with that, the younger Kim ended the phone call leaving a worried looking Jaejoong.

“What happened?”

“He got a stomach-ache.”

“Oh, we should go home then.”

“But Changmin—Junsu told me he might go with us.”

“I thought he’s running errands?”

“Maybe he’s done already. I’ll give him a call.”

After a few minutes of talking with Changmin, the two hailed a cab and headed to Gemma Vitae.

“Hey, Yunho, I’m curious, why did they changed the name of the main branch?”

“Oh well, years after my dad’s great grandfather died, the eldest son changed it to Insaeng Boseog 인생보석 [Gems/Jewels with Life] because it’s easier to remember and it's Korean.”

“Jewels with life… why is that?”

“Well, older people’s perspective is kinda hard to understand. I guess it’s because of his love for the gems and somehow he saw some life on it? I’m not really sure but that’s how I understand it.”

Jaejoong chuckled and looked at Yunho, “Sorry for asking you such trivial questions.”

“It’s nothing. You don’t have to apologize for that. We’re almost there.”

* * *

After paying the taxi driver, the two headed to the entrance of the three-story building. The exterior of the building made Jaejoong gasped in awe. “I can’t wait to see what’s inside.”

“This is definitely not a jewelry store.”

“What?”

“It looks like a five-star hotel err a mansion or something.”

“Thank you for the compliment.” Yunho chuckled and followed Jaejoong who’s now busy looking around to pay him any attention.

“I’m surprised, though.” Jaejoong suddenly said.

“About what?”

“Well, I’m expecting that the prices of the accessories here are worth of hundreds of dollars. But, even a high-school student will be able to buy something here.”

“That’s because we want all of our products to be available and affordable to anyone. A marketing strategy, I guess. However, if you’re looking for high-class items, I believe that’ll be on the second floor.”

“W-will that be okay? I mean… I’m not going to buy—

“Hey, who says you can’t look around here?” Yunho winks at him and grabbed his hand.

* * *

“These are all pretty. No, scratch that, they’re all beautiful.”

“But you’re more beautiful than any of the gems and jewelries here.” Yunho said softly.

Jaejoong gave him a perplexed look, “Did you just say something?”

“Oh, nothing.” He faked a cough and looked away. Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders and smile, “Is it okay if I look around a little bit longer?”

“Yeah, sure. Take your time. We’re still waiting for Changmin so that's fine.”

“Is he on his way now?”

“I guess that's right.”

After a good fifteen minutes of looking around, Jaejoong approached Yunho. “Tired already?”

“Yeah. It’d be impossible for me to look and study everything in one day. My feet are sore already.”

“I wanna show you something. Is it okay with you?”

“Yeah, sure.”


A/N:

Hisashiburi!!

I used dollar as the currency because I don't know (or rather understand) the Korea's currency (aside from the fact that it's called 'won').

I cut it into two parts because it's long OTL you might get bored reading it because y'know this chapter is kind of I don't really know OTL. So the next chapter might be up this week or maybe next friday >3

I love you all and thank you. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Comments are deeply loooove ^O^

P.S --> hmm about the korean word "Insaeng Boseog 인생보석" I just googled it haha so it might be wrong :3

xoxo

heLLionAKTF