White Lies

100 DAYS

 

Yunho knocked on the wooden door and went in when he heard a faint ‘come in’. He took a deep breath when he saw the seriousness on the face of the young physician.

“Have a seat, Yunho-sshi.”

He tried to calm himself as he sat down and looked at the brown envelope on the desk, “Is that the result?” Dr. Lee nodded slowly and handed him the envelope.

Yunho took it with trembling hands and looked at him nervously. He held his breath as he read the documents in front of him.

Dr. Lee stared at him as his face portrayed different emotions at once. He met the confusion in Yunho's eyes when the latter finished reading the results.

“We have to rerun another set of tests, to confirm it. And Yunho-sshi, this is the right time to tell to your parents and if you’re not planning to tell them or if you’re scared, I can do it for you.”

Yunho looked down and stay silent for a moment, “I’ll… I’ll tell them right away when I got home, don’t worry about it.”

Dr. Lee just stared at him and heaved a sigh, “I hope you can tell this matter to them as soon as possible.”

“I will.” Yunho’s response became a whisper that it barely reached the physician’s ears. He sighed and after a few minutes of silence, he already dismissed Yunho.

* * *

“I’m already hungry. Why did I agree to do this in the first place anyway? Aish!” Changmin grumbled while rubbing his stomach.  He stayed in his father’s office for two hours because Dr. Shim had an operation scheduled for the day. “If only I knew that these papers are right in front of me I should’ve already grabbed it and go home! I’ve wasted two hours waiting for that old man.”

As he was heading out of the building, he saw a familiar figure walking on the opposite hallway. “Wait… Is that—?”

“Hyung!” he called out but the said figure ignored him as though he didn’t hear him.

“Yunho-hyung!” He yelled again and this time, all the people looked at him a little bit annoyed. He bowed his head as he apologize and run towards Yunho when the latter did not stop walking.

He grabbed his shoulder which made Yunho looked at him in confusion. “Changmin?”

“De. Ne, hyung, what’re you doing here? I thought you’re on business something?”

Yunho stared blankly at him but Changmin didn’t miss the sudden change on his eyes.

“One of our major clients had an accident few days ago and since the matter we had to discussed is an important one, we had to do an emergency meeting regardless of his condition.”

Changmin just nodded in understanding, “But the department he just went to is—”

“You’re going home? I can give you a ride back home.” Yunho offered to him which broke his trance.

“Ah, I… yeah, sure. Thanks, hyung.”

MEANWHILE

“Ahjumma~ what’s going to be— Mom!?” Kibum abruptly stopped on his track when he saw Mrs. Jung was preparing the dinner with the help of their maids.

“Kibummie~” she placed the plate carefully on the table and approached her youngest son and gave him a peck on the cheek and a hug, “I miss you so much, dear.”

Kibum just stared at her, “I thought you’re going to be out for several weeks?”

“Are you saying that you don’t want me to be at home?” Mrs. Jung raised a brow and slapped Kibum's arm playfully.

“Of course not! I mean, I’m just shocked that you’re home early.”

“Well, it’s because— I missed my two sons who can’t stop growing.” She pouts and pinched his cheeks.

“Mom! It hurts!”

“Oh, you’re here, already? Where’s Yunho?”

Mrs. Jung let go of Kibum’s cheek and the latter rubbed his cheek and looked at his father, “He said that there’s an emergency meeting. Why are you home early?”

“Emergency meeting? Why didn’t I know that?”

“What do you mean ‘you didn’t know’?” Mrs. Jung knitted her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

“Well, I tried to finish all my works to get home early and to spend my time with you. So, I’m wondering what kind of emergency meeting it is.”

Kibum shrugged his shoulders and walked over the table, “I don’t know either. He received a call during our lunch time and he looked so pale. I thought it was really urgent.”

Mr. Jung was about to say something when they heard the front door open and the maids greeting their eldest son. They all rushed to the family room only to find Yunho was already going upstairs.

“Yunho.”

The latter stopped on his tracks and looked at them. Mrs. Jung held her breath as she saw the sadness on his eyes, “What’s wrong, dear? Did something happen?”

Yunho looked down and shook his head, “Nothing happened, Umma. I’m just… just tired. That’s all.” Mrs. Jung approached him and hugged him.

“Tell me what’s wrong, son.” She put her hand on his cheek and looked at him in the eyes. Yunho smiled and held her hands.

“I’m fine, I’m just tired.”

Mrs. Jung studied his face before she lets go of him, “Well, if you say so. Go in the dining room after you’ve changed your clothes, arrasso?”

“Deh.”

Yunho tried his best to look happy and eat a lot, but deep inside he’s struggling on how to tell his parents about his problem.

Kibum on the other hand sensed that there’s something bothering him, “Hey, hyung. How’s your meeting today?”

“It did go well, thanks for the concern, Kibum.”

Kibum squint his eyes, he knows that his brother calls him by his complete name when he’s serious.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung looked at each other and they both looked at Yunho, “Do you want to say something to us?”

At this moment, Yunho put down his spoon and fork and stared at them, “I— never mind. I’m just worried over something that’s not really important.”

“Yah! If it’s not important, then why do you look so gloomy and acts like you’re carrying the whole world on your shoulder?”

He chuckled at his brother’s statement and continued to eat, “Sorry for worrying you, guys. But seriously I’m just tired.”

“Aish! You— don’t make people worry about you, pabo!”

“Mianhe, Bummie. I didn’t mean too.”

“Whatever, hyung.”

After the dinner, Yunho went to his room, took a shower and sat down in front of his desk. He stared at his notes and decided to start doing his homework. He massaged his temple and his eyes caught the envelope Dr. Junki gave him. He took out the documents and re-read it again.

Different emotions starts to fill his heart which made him hard to breathe. He closed his eyes and rest his head on the cold wooden desk.

“Ottoke..?”

* * *

“Hyung, are you alright?” Junsu wave his pen in front of his brother’s eyes when he noticed that Jaejoong was staring to nothingness.

“H-huh, did you just say something?”

Junsu rolled his eyes, “Don’t tell me you already get the way Yunho-hyung behave today.”

Jaejoong widened his eyes, “W-what do you mean by that?”

“You’re just staring at your notes, hyung.”

“Oh—” Jaejoong sit properly and fixed his notes, “I was just… I was just thinking on what could be the reason why Yunho was acting so strange today.”

Junsu smirked and lean forward, “Does it mean that you’re attracted to him, hyung?”

Jaejoong’s doe-eyes widen in shock and he was about to say something when Junsu let out a deafening squeal.

“Yah! Junsu stop it! My eardrums are going to explode!” he managed to say while covering his ears.

“My hyung is in love!” Junsu continued to shriek while jumping on his sit.

“Your hyung is what?!” Jaejoong shook his brother’s shoulder to stop him from jumping.

After calming himself, Junsu looked at Jaejoong with his sparkling eyes, “You’re in-love, hyung. I knew it!”

The elder’s face turns into a shade of red upon hearing his brother’s statement. “I-I’m not. What makes you say that?”

“It’s sooo simple, hyung. Just like an abc.”

Jaejoong looked at him in disbelief and sat down. “Stop it, Su. I’m not in-love with him. As his FRIEND, I’m worried about him. That’s all, nothing less.”

“Well, I know that you’re a worrisome person, but trust me, you never worry to the extent that it’s affecting your studies or even skipping dinner.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and said, “You don’t know what you’re talking about, Su. Besides, I tend to worry a lot to my friends, you know that.”

“No. I don’t know that you worry too much for your friend that that friend of yours was in your mind all day long and night. And I’m hundred and one percent sure that you can’t focus on your lectures because he wasn’t on his right state of mind. Hyung, you’re too obvious, wait… or maybe you’re just in denial.”

“Junsu, stop it. I’m not in love or in denial. You got it all wrong! I just want to know why all of a sudden he became silent and seems like he’s depressed or something.” Jaejoong’s voice trailed off and he looked outside the window.

“Okay, if that’s what you say. But honestly, hyung, what I see is different. Well, I’m just saying that... don’t be too obvious.”

Jaejoong snapped at what Junsu had said and looked at his brother in shock. But before he could even open his mouth, Junsu had already stood up and went to his room.

“Good night, hyung! Hope you dream of Yunho-hyung!” he shouted and followed by his unique laugh.

He took a deep breath and tried to finish his homework.

One hour had already passed but he was still on the same problem. He shook his head and went to the kitchen. He took a glass of water and went back to their living room where his and Junsu’s books are lying on the coffee table. He sat on the couch and looked at the notes in front of him.

“I’m not attracted or in love with him. Or am I? No way! That’s totally absurd! As his friend, I’m just worried for him. Yeah! That’s right!”After battling himself for half an hour, he finally finished doing his homework.

* * *

“Good morning, Kibummie!” Mrs. Jung greeted Kibum who was rubbing his eyes.

“Morning, mom. Where’s hyung?”

“Oh, he already went out. He said that he still needs to go to a friend’s house. He didn’t tell you that?”

The sleepiness he felt disappeared as soon as he heard that Yunho went out early. “Did Mr. Kwon give him a ride?”

“No. He used his own car.” Mr. Jung answered after putting down the morning newspaper.

“His own what? Wait, I thought he’s not familiar with this place yet?”

Mr. Jung chuckled and motioned his youngest to eat his breakfast. “Well, he must have learned to use the GPS.”

Kibum rolled his eyes upwards and take a sip of his milk. “So does that mean that he’ll drive himself to work and school?”

“Probably yes. He’s already 18 and can take care of himself.”

“Yeah right. He can take care of himself.” Kibum said sarcastically.

Mrs. Jung patted his head and sat beside him, “Waeyo? You don’t believe that your brother can take care of himself?”

“Sometimes I don’t. Look, I don’t know if you knew it already but Mr. Kwon told me that he almost fainted last week. He told me it’s because he’s tired or stressed or something whatsoever. But seriously Dad, do you really want him to work? He’s stressing his self out. He can’t even concentrate at school because of work. Give him a break.” Kibum blabbered out.

Mr. Jung heaved a deep sigh and look at Mrs. Jung then to Kibum, “Actually, I can give him a break if and only if— you’re ready to train. But, as far as I’m concerned, you’re still not. I don’t want to give you a hard time and if you’re going to compare yourself to your brother— don’t let me start with your attitude.”

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?”

“What your father was trying to say is that— Yunho decided to help our business because he really wanted to. We don’t want to force you in anything you don’t want to do.”

Kibum looked down at his plate as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. “But he decided that he will not take over our business, which means I’ll be the one who’ll take the responsibility, right?”

Mr. and Mrs. Jung nodded their head. “But, what’s the reason why he doesn’t want to? After all the efforts and sacrifices he made. Why?”

“Honey, I think you’ll be late if you don’t finish up your breakfast soon.” Mrs. Jung tried to change the subject but Kibum glared at her.

“Even I don’t know what's your brother's reasons are. But I know that it’s a decent and acceptable one. Maybe he just wants to relax and enjoy his time when he finishes his study.”

Kibum looked at them suspiciously before shaking his head, “Whatever.”


A/N

DONE!

Mianhe *bow*bow*bow*

I update sooo slow. I can't find time to write/add chapter because of my part time job—getting side track—lack of inspiration and because laziness keeps on attacking me ^-^v

Hope you like this chapter and look forward to the next one.

And if you have time, you can just drop by and comment. Comments are free loved :D

SARANGHAE~~ ♥ ♥ ♥