When JAElousy strikes

100 DAYS

“Hyung, I think we’re a little bit early, don’t you think?” Junsu asked when they entered the café.

Jaejoong looked at the wall clock, “It’s already 4:40, Junsu-ah.”

“Really? It seems like we’re the first one to get here.” Junsu said as they took a seat on their usual spot.

“I’ll call Changmin.” Before Jaejoong could even get his phone, the café door opened revealing Changmin and Yoochun’s figure.

“Chunnie-hyung, you’re early! Did something happen?”

Yoochun scowled at Junsu’s teasing, “Nothing, okay? Changmin went to my apartment early and started nagging.”

“If I didn’t do that you’ll show up late again, hyung.”

“What do you mean by again? I always show up on time!”

“Yeah right.” Changmin rolled his eyes heavenwards and took a seat in front of Jaejoong.

“So where are the Jung brothers?”

“I think they’re here already.”  Jaejoong pointed at the window and the other three looked outside. They saw Kibum getting out from a silver mini van. “Is that their new car?”

“I don’t know. Maybe. It’s different from the car they’re usually using.” Changmin pondered as he scrunched his face, “Freaking rich bastards.”

“You guys ready?” Kibum asked as soon as he got inside the café.

“Yeah, where is Yunho-hyung?”

“He’s inside already.” He answered shortly as he pointed at the silver mini van that’s pulling out in front of the café.

“Cool! Your butler will give us a ride?”

“Uhm, it’s his day-off today so Yunho-hyung will drive.”

“He can drive? For real?” Junsu exclaimed.

“Though I’m hoping we will not get lost or something.”

“That’s a mean thing to say to your brother.” Yoochun said as he smacked Kibum’s back.

“I’m not being mean, I’m telling you the truth. Anyways, we should hurry up.”

“Ne hyung,” Junsu nudged Jaejoong’s elbow as they all went outside, “Why don’t you sit beside Yunho-hyung?”

“Shut up, Junsu!” Jaejoong glared at him as the latter laughed at his reaction.

“Are we all set?” Yunho asked from the driver’s seat.

“Yup!”

“Erm, hyung you know where we are going, right?” Junsu asked worriedly when he remembered what Kibum had said in the café.

“I guess?”

“What do you mean by ‘I guess’?” his friends chorused. Yunho laughed at their reaction and started the car, “I have GPS, you know.”

❤ ❤ ❤

“Okay, I changed my mind. I’m not going in there.” Junsu went back in the car again, which made his friends laugh.

“Yah! We’re here already. It’ll be a waste if you just stay here.”

“No. I’m not going in there.” Junsu said stubbornly.

“Could it be you’re not good at handling large crowds?”

“Are you teasing me, Jung Kibum?”

“I’m just asking. No need to get mad. Come on get out of the car. We are late already and I hate to say this but we are going to get their attention once we go inside.”

“Yeah, besides I’m starving. I didn’t eat anything for the past two hours just so I could eat everything they serve on this party.” Kibum groaned and glared at Changmin.

“Okay, sorry I know there’s no need to mention my eating habits,” he rolled his eyes heavenwards, “but hey, we’re not going to leave you on your own. Trust me. But if ever you look beside you and you can’t find me, you know I’m just in the buffet table.”

Jaejoong and Yunho laughed but Kibum didn’t find it amusing and just glared at him. “Okay guys, let’s go in. I am more than ready to party.” Yoochun said excitedly as he fix his vest and his fedora.

Junsu pouts and looked at his brother, silently pleading to let him go home. “Well, let’s just go in and greet the celebrant. We can stay for a little while and eat. Besides, it’ll be a waste to go home since we’re here already.

“But hyung~”

“No more buts! Let’s go!” Kibum grabbed Junsu’s hand and went inside the manor.

❤ ❤ ❤

“Oh my God sun they’re looking this way!” Junsu whispered to Kibum.

“Get your hands off of my shift, I can’t breathe. And stop acting weird you’re making it more awkward.” Kibum whispered back.

“So uhm, what are we doing standing on the doorway?”

“Shut up, Shim!”

“The hell! I’m just asking, Jung!”

“Well, as you can see, the room is packed and I can’t find Bo Ah-sshi.”

“Why do we have to look for her?” Junsu grunted.

“Because we have to greet her first.”

“What are you guys doing standing here?” Yunho asked.

“Uh, we’re just looking for Bo Ah-sshi, hyung.”

“Oh, you guys can go and eat first. I’ll just greet her and her parents.” Kibum gave him a dirty look, “So you’re going to leave us on our own?”

“Of course not! I’ll just give her our presents, meet her parents and go back to you.”

“Wait, why are you going to meet her parents?” Yoochun asked as he brush-off his vest.

“Dad asked me to meet them.”

“Dad? Why?”

“Oh, they’re on that table. See you guys later.”

“Yah!” Kibum frowned, “Did he just brushed me off?”

“Whatever, let’s go and grab something to eat.” Changmin said as he happily made his way to the buffet table.

“I’ll go find an empty table, wanna go with me, Junsu?”

❤ ❤ ❤

“Oh my God! Is that Jaejoong-oppa?”

“Where?”

“There! On that table! Oh my gosh, he is so HOT!”

“So handsome!”

“So beautiful!”

“WHAT?”

“I mean, he’s so freaking gorgeous! How did Bo Ah manage to convince him to attend her party? He always turns down anyone’s invitation before, right?”

“Yeah, I wonder how? Hey, who’s that guy talking to Bo Ah’s parents?”

“Is that her boyfriend? But she doesn’t have any boyfriend.”

“Oh my gosh! Maybe that’s her fiancée!”

“He looks familiar, though.”

“Is he a model or something? He looks like he just came out from a manhwa.”

“He’s so freaking hot! Omo! They look good together! What a perfect match!”

❤ ❤ ❤

“What the – Why do those girls keep on squealing? Are they aware that they are disturbing the other guests?” Changmin asked no one in particular. He glared at the table where a group of girls are squealing and giggling.

Junsu took a glance on the said group and sighed. “What’s new? Those girls are friends of Bo Ah. How do you expect them to behave?”

“Oh. Wait, is that Yunho-hyung?”

“Huh, where?” Junsu tried to look for Yunho who was mingling with a crowd of middle-aged-professional-looking-people. “Hey Kibum, what’s your brother doing there?”

“Eh, I don’t – what the – Why is he there?!” Kibum’s sudden outburst made Jaejoong and Yoochun looked at him.

“Who?” Yoochun inquired.

“Hyung,” Kibum answered as he pointed towards the said crowd.

“Oh, looks like he is meeting his future in-laws.” Yoochun said as he laughed but immediately stop upon meeting Kibum and Junsu’s glare. “What? I’m just kidding guys.”

“Not funny.” Both stated as they stared back to the crowd.

“I can’t deny it though, they look good together. Bo-Ah-sshi and Yunho-hyung.” Changmin said in admiration, which earned him a hard nudge on his side. “That hurts, Junsu!”

“That’s rubbish!”

“Jae, are you alright? You’re so quiet today, is something wrong?” Yoochun asked feeling a little bit worried to his friend.

“Yes I’m fine.” Jaejoong smiled at him and went back to eating his food.

“You sure?” Jaejoong smiled again and nodded.

A group of second years approached their table and one of the girls asked, “Ah, excuse me Jaejoong-oppa, can we have a picture together?”

Jaejoong smiled politely and stood up, “Uhm, Yoochun-oppa can you take the picture, please?”

“Yeah sure!” Yoochun answered enthusiastically.

After a couple of pictures being taken, the second years thanked them once again as they squealed in excitement.

“You should have asked for their numbers and give it to me.”

“Geez!” Junsu and Kibum both groaned and stared back to where Yunho is.

“Geez my ! Hey, how long do you think will Yunho stay there? He said he’d just meet Bo-Ah’s parents and give the gifts, right?”

“You think we know the answer hyung? We are all wondering, don’t we?” Kibum asked him back with a hint of sarcasm.

“You –”

“Guys stop bickering, please. You’re giving me headaches.” Jaejoong frowned, “If he wants to stay with them longer we don’t have a choice. Just let him do what he wants. Besides, we can still enjoy ourselves even if he’s not with us.”

“You’re right hyung. Anyone wants to go with me to get more food?”

“I’ll go with you,” Jaejoong answered. “Oh, wait me too!” Junsu said.

“How about you Kibum?” Yoochun asked.

“I’m good for now.”

“I see. It looks like Yunho’s enjoying their company, eh?”

“Yeah right. Contrast to his ‘uncool appearance’, he’s really great on dealing people. He’s a social butterfly and,” Kibum made a quote in the air, “the life of the party after all.”

Yoochun can’t help but laugh at what he just heard. Jung Yunho, the one and only genius nerd of the campus, is apparently a social butterfly and “the life of the party”? He can’t really argue with one thing though, seeing him with Bo-Ah’s parents and some of the executive people from the Kwon’s company; there’s no denying that Yunho gives off an aristocratic/elite air around him. That he is indeed a JUNG. But seriously, nerdy Yunho and ‘the life of the party Yunho’ doesn’t really go well together. Yoochun thought.

“Hyung, you’re awfully quiet today. What’s wrong? Are you feeling well?” Junsu stared at his brother worriedly. Jaejoong smiled at him and shook his head, “I’m fine, Su. Nothing to worry about okay?”

“Oh yeah, the way you look right now is going to help me convince myself that you are totally fine.” Junsu scoffed.

The older Kim laughed at his sarcastic remark and started to play the food on his plate. “Ne, hyung. Can I have that instead?” Changmin asked. He smiled at him and handed him his plate.

“Thank you!”

“I’m just going to the washroom.” Jaejoong said.

“Do you want me to go with you?”

“Geez Yoochun! I’m not a child that needs assistance, I can find my way there.” He hit Yoochun’s arm playfully and chuckled.

Jaejoong’s little trip to the men’s washroom was not easy as he thought it would be. A group of freshmen crowded him as soon as he left their table. By the time he was able to excuse himself, another group of female and male students from other schools tried to get his number and flirt with him. It’s starting to get on his nerves but he knows better than to yell at them to leave him alone. He smiled as sweetly as he could and tried his best to dismiss them as polite as possible.

Finally, he let out an audible sigh as soon as he entered the washroom. He closed his eyes upon remembering a couple making out on the corridor. He shivered and washed his face in haste.

“I wanna go home.”

Images of Yunho and Bo Ah whispering and giggling flashed right before his eyes; replacing the scene of the heated couples he saw earlier. He slammed his hands on the counter and glared at his reflection, “The hell are you frustrated about?”

Are you that pissed off that they look so perfect together? He groaned a little bit too loud and shook his head. “No, Jaejoong. You know you’re not supposed to. Calm down, okay? You’re just irritated because there are too many who attended the party. Okay? Okay.” He took another deep breath and when his breathing finally steadied, he stepped out of the washroom.

“What took you so long? Got lost on your way?” Jaejoong frowned at Yoochun even though he knows that he’s only teasing him.

Yoochun however noticed the sour mood of his best friend. “Yah, did someone harass you or what?”

“No. No one harassed me or did anything bad to me. I think I’m just tired.” He grabbed a glass of water and drinks it. His ears turned into a shade of red when he heard a group of girls squealing and Bo Ah’s giggle not too far from their table.

“Omo – please don’t let her go on our table. Please! Please! Please!” Junsu begged under his breath.

“It seems like luck isn’t in favor with us.” Changmin whispered.

“Oh, god, what’s that smell?” Kibum blurted out, his face twisted in disgust. Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin looked at each other and moments later, they burst out laughing.

“So, Jung Kibum also finds it disgusting, ha?”

“What?”

“You’re funny! That ‘smell’ you’re talking about is Bo Ah’s expensive perfume. You better watch your mouth, though. If ever one of her gang err I mean her friends hear you talking about how stinky and disgusting her perfume is, you’ll be in big trouble.” Junsu explained in between laughs.

“Having fun?”

Junsu and Changmin stopped laughing right away and groaned inwardly. “So you are with your friends tonight, Yunho?”

Oh, so no more formalities? This bi – “Stop glaring at her,” Junsu heard his older brother whispered to him. He lowered his gaze and breathes deeply.

“I have one question, have you guys met before?” Kibum voiced out.

“Oh, no. But our parents know each other so we kind of decided that we should stop using formalities, ne?” Bo Ah nudged Yunho’s side and linked her right arm to his.

Yunho smiled at her and nodded his head. “Suit yourselves. I’ll just borrow Yunho from you guys. He’ll be my tonight, okay?”

“Eh?”

As soon as Bo-Ah turned her back to them, Yunho smiled at them apologetically. “Mianhe.”

“It’s okay, Jung. We understand. Good luck accompanying her. Have lots of patience.” Yoochun said sympathetically.

Yunho’s apologetic smile changed to a happier one right after hearing Yoochun’s ‘encouraging’ words. However, in a split of seconds, his solemn expression was back. “Mianhe.”

Yoochun knows that his apology wasn’t meant for them. He turned to Jaejoong who quickly looked away. “I’ll be back. I promise.”

“Not a problem, hyung! We’ll suit ourselves and party out. Don’t worry about us. Just worry about yourself for now.” Changmin said while Junsu put up a ‘fighting’ pose.

“What do you think made Yunho agree to be Bo-Ah’s ?”

“He can’t really say no.” Kibum scoffed as he drinks a glass of water, “I wouldn’t be surprise if one of these days he’ll tell me that he’s already engaged.”

“Oh please don’t let that happen!”

“Not to her!”

Kibum shook his head and chuckled, “As if I’ll let my stupid hyung marry someone who doesn’t even know how to choose a decent perfume.”

Yoochun, Junsu and even Changmin laughed at his witty response. Jaejoong tried to smile but it turned into a grimace instead.

“Are you feeling well, hyung?” asked Kibum. He moved his seat closer to Jaejoong and put his hand on the elder’s forehead. “You’re kinda cold.”

“I’m fine, just a little bit tired. Don’t mind me.” Jaejoong answered softly and gave them a sincere smile. He felt sorry for making his friends worry about him. I need to cheer up. He thought. Yunho didn’t do anything wrong for him to apologize. He’s just doing someone a favor. Besides – he sighed – I don’t have any right to feel this way. I’m not supposed to.

Yoochun watched his best friend carefully. He knows that Jaejoong is having troubles that concern a certain Jung. He scowled but didn’t say anything.

❤ ❤ ❤

“What time is it?” Junsu yawned and looked at Kibum who checked his phone right away.

“Almost seven thirty.”

Junsu’s eyes widen, “We’ve been here for two and a half hours already?”

“Really? Time flies by really fast, eh?”

“Well yes. To you, at least, because you’ve been keeping yourself busy EATING for the past two hours.”

Changmin glared at Junsu but didn’t say anything.

“Hey! Are you guys sure that you don’t wanna dance and talk to others while we’re here?” asked Yoochun who just came back from the dance floor, “or drink some fruit punch?”

“No thanks,” Junsu and Kibum chorused. “I’d rather watch Changmin devour the foods mercilessly than talk to them.”

Yoochun chuckled, “Guess what? I managed to get the numbers of those ladies from – er – what school again – it doesn’t matter, they are actually pretty cool. You guys want to hang out with them next weekend?”

Kibum stared at Yoochun, “Are you serious?”

“He doesn’t look like it but yes, he can get phone numbers of any girls he’s interested in. Well, in this case, all those girls from our sister school.” Junsu answered as he rolled his eyes heavenwards.

“So Yoochun hyung, are you done with whatever you’re doing?”

Yoochun whose attention is at his phone, smirked. “We’re here at the party so I’m not gonna stop having fun unless we’re going home.” He winked at Kibum and left to grab a drink and went back to the company of those people he just met.

“Ugh! Can we go home now?” Junsu banged his head on the table.

Kibum sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He’s getting irritated as well. He glanced on his left and grunted because Changmin is still eating. Well, at least he’s having fun. He rolled his eyes and emptied the glass of water he was holding. Just when will Bo Ah-sshi let go of that pabo hyung of mine? Another sigh escaped from his lips. He leaned back and there – for the first time, he saw another side of the usual calm Kim Jaejoong. He’s pissed off, but why?

“Uhm, Jae-hyung,”

Jaejoong snapped from his thoughts and looked at Kibum, “Waeyo?”

“Are you – do you want some water?”

Jaejoong tilted his head on the left, obviously not getting why Kibum just asked him if he wants some water. “I –”

“I’ll go get you a glass of water.” Junsu said. “My hurts from sitting too much. I need to get up and walk at least. I’ll be right back.”

“Hyung,” Kibum called again. “Are you – okay? You seem a little bit… off.” To be honest, more like you’re scary. With that dark aura you’re emitting.

“I’m fine. Just tired.” Jaejoong smiled at him but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“You’re pissed off, aren’t you?” Kibum asked frankly.

Jaejoong stared at him, the smile on his face faded. He opened his mouth but didn’t say anything. He sighed and looked away.

 “Here’s your water, hyung. Hey Kibum, want to try that fruit punch? It looks tasty.”

“I wanna!” Changmin raised his hand. “Gimme!”

“All right, all right we’re going to grab you a drink as well. Wait here and look after Jaejoong-hyung.”

Kibum hesitated but then, he needs to get up and walk. He felt his ’s getting numb from sitting too much.

“What’s wrong with him?”

“Jae-hyung?” Junsu glanced back to Jaejoong who was pouting and frowning, and shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. He didn’t eat much either.” He paused for a minute and suddenly snapped his fingers, which made Kibum jumped back a little.

“I think I know the reason why.” He laughed and whispered to Kibum, ‘It’s because of your hyung.’

“Yunho-hyung? But why?”

Again, Junsu shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. I just had a feeling. C’mon, let’s go back.”

Right after they set the drinks on the table, Jaejoong stood up and it looks like he’s preparing to leave.

“Where are you going?”

“Home.”

“What do you mean home?” Kibum asked a little bit louder than what he’d intended.

Jaejoong sighed and massaged his temples. He doesn’t have any desire to answer any questions but it would be disrespectful if he leaves without explaining – or at least without making up an excuse.

“Headache,” he answered shortly. “Not feeling well.” He added hastily when the trio didn’t seem to look convinced.

“Yeah right, hyung. You’re not feeling well we can see that. Why don’t you sit down and let’s wait for Yunho-hyung to come back so that he can give us a ride home? That way you won’t strain yourself on walking to the bus station. Plus, it’ll save you money.” Changmin said wittily.

Jaejoong glared at him. He heaved a deep sigh and said, “I’m going. Just let Yoochun and Yunho know I’m not feeling well.”

Junsu groaned in protest but Jaejoong ignored him. He made his way to the door and out of the venue.

“Uh-oh.”


A/N

Hey guys! Waddup! I'm still alive and kicking yo! LOL. Anyways, I'm sorry for the long wait. I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter. I'm actually writing the next one already though I won't assure you that it'll be up soon *evil-laugh*

Have a nice day!