The Jungs

100 DAYS

“Hyung! If you’re not going to get out of your freakin’ bathroom we are going to be late! Hurry up, will you?! I don’t want to be late on our first day of school!"

“Kibum, don’t nag your brother like that, it’s still early.” Mrs. Jung smiled on her youngest son.

“But if he doesn’t hurry up we will be late and I don’t want that. Besides, we’re new on that school.” whined Kibum. Mrs. Jung laughed at his son and was about to tell something when her phone went off.

Yunho went out of his room and smiled sweetly to Kibum. “Sorry Bummie-ah, my alarm didn’t woke me up.” said the 18 year old Jung and ruffled the hair of his brother.

“Yah! Stop doing that to my hair! Hurry up and eat your breakfast, hyung.” scowled Kibum.

“Okay, okay.” Yunho went to the dining room and ate his breakfast.

“Aish! That super nerd is as slow as a turtle. Argh!” Kibum followed his brother in the dining and finished his meal. After a while Mrs. Jung joined them.

“Umma, we’re going now!” Yunho called.

“Take care, honey, and keep an eye to your baby brother, ok?” Mrs. Jung planted a kiss on his cheek and send a flying kiss to Kibum who just rolled his eyes.

“I’m not a baby anymore.” he said.

“You’ll always be my baby brother,” whispered Yunho to himself and went out of the mansion to get inside the waiting car.

The Jungs are well known in Korea as well as in Japan (maybe even all over the world) since they own one of the biggest company of jewelry makers. They stayed in Japan for eleven years and the children got accustomed in the culture and language but then their parents never failed to teach them about the Korean culture and their own language. After eleven years of living in Japan, Mr. Jung decided to come back to their mother country and stay there for good. This decision shocked the brothers, especially Yunho since he’s already in senior year. Nonetheless he didn’t argue because he can’t do anything about it  besides, deep inside him he also wants to go back

♥ ♥ ♥

“Have you heard that the Jung brothers are going to study here?”

“Eh?! Seriously?!”

“I thought they are in Japan and they’re not going back here?”

“They already came back and they’re planning to stay here for good. Isn’t that nice? The richest people ever will be studying here!” squealed the girl.

“Now I’m wondering what these Jung brothers looks are.” And the two girls giggled.

♥ ♥ ♥

Aish, so early in the morning and the whole school is already full of gossips.” Shim Changmin yawned and went inside the campus.

“Changmin!!!!” He turned around to look where that dolphin voice came from and found Junsu running towards his direction.

“Morning, Junsu!”

“Good morning,” he smiled and walked together with him.

“Hey, where’s Jaejoong-hyung? Isn’t he with you?”

“He’ll be here later. Hey Changmin,” he paused and looked at his 185cm best friend. “You heard the latest news?”

“Ah, about those Jung?” Junsu nodded, “Aish, I don’t know why these people make a big fuss to a not-so-important thing. What’s the big deal anyway? Sheesh,” he frowned and took the chocolate bar in his pocket and have a good bite on it.

“Ay, Shim Changmin, you never change.” Junsu shook his head and walked through the gate.

“OMO! THEY’RE HERE!!!”

The two buddies stopped walking when they heard the girls screamed and went to the front gate.

“And what are we doing here, anyway?” Changmin asked in a bewildered voice. “I can’t believe we’re here to watch the celebrities go out from their car!”

“Shut up, Min. Just admit it, you’re also curious.” Junsu giggled when his buddy gave him a what-the-hell look.

“Young Masters, I’m going to pick you up at five o’clock.”

“That would be fine, Mr. Kwon, thank you.” Yunho smiled at their driver and went out after Kibum.

“Omo! He’s gorgeous! Definitely hot! I bet he’s the older Jung!” squealed the girl in front of Junsu and Changmin.

“Oh, just shut up,” whispered Changmin.

Kibum was taken aback when he saw that the students were gathered in front of the school gate.

What the — why are they here?” Without meaning to, he glared around with his cold eyes. The crowd gasped, “God, I think I’m going to melt right here.” he heard the girl squealed. He rolled his eyes and took his bag.

“Wait a minute, who’s that dork?”

Dork? Kibum looked at where the boy was pointing at. And he came face to face with his brother who’s carefully fixing his glasses. He felt his temper rising and was about to punch the guy who called his brother a dork but was stopped.

“Bummie, don’t ever think about it. You don’t want to get in trouble, right?” Yunho said in a low voice.

“But, hyung ―”

“No buts, Bummie. Let’s go, we still need to go to the Principal’s office.” he smiled and lead the way. Kibum let out a sigh and gave a death glare to the boy whom he really wants to punch.

“Eh? Who is that dude with glasses? Don’t tell me he is the older Jung?” Changmin said with a puzzled look on his face.

“Maybe.” said Junsu.

“Susu, Min, why are you still here?” Jaejoong asked when he saw his brother in front of the school gate together with half of the students in Seoul High.

“Well, we got curious what the Jung brothers look like.”

“And it seems that the youngest didn’t fail to flatter the girls with his looks. But the older one, well, um… I think the students don’t like him.” said Changmin.

“Huh? Why’d you say that?” Changmin shrugged his shoulders. Jaejoong looked at his brother and waits for him to answer.

“Ah, well, hyung, you know — he’s a nerd. And I think everyone is disappointed to see him.”

“Maybe they’re thinking that since the first one who came out is cool and hot and handsome and whatever, they’re also expecting the other to be like that.” said Changmin as he puts the chocolate bar in his mouth.

Jaejoong’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape and nodded. “If we don’t hurry up, we’re going to be late.” he said suddenly and went to his classroom. He felt different pairs of eyes looked at him, and he perfectly knew why.

Ever since Jaejoong stepped his feet on the school ground, everyone’s eyes focused on him. He became the campus heartthrob in an instant. But even after three years of being the campus prince, he remained quiet, feet on the ground, humble, and simple student. Well, it only made him super extremely popular. Girls (and boys) are dying to get near him and befriend him, he already got bazillion confessions (which he rejected politely), and have the most numbered fan clubs. Usually this kind of stuffs will get on someone else’s nerve or brag about it, but Jaejoong never did. He stayed as humble as he could and he never talks bad to others.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Ah, Mr. Jung Yunho and Mr. Jung Kibum, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” The man with glasses smiled at them and extended his right hand. The older Jung took it and bowed to the old man to show respect. “I’m expecting that you’ll both enjoy your stay here in Seoul High. Here are your schedules and have fun, gentlemen.” he smiled and bowed to them. The Jungs bowed back and went out of the office.

“We’re in different building,” Yunho stopped walking when he heard the worried tone in Kibum’s voice. He smiled and looked back at him, “Want me to go with you to your classroom?”

Kibum’s eyes widen because of what he heard, “I’m not a kindergarten, hyung! I’m already 16 and I’m old enough to go to my class. Stop treating me like I’m a baby!”

Yunho chuckled and ruffled his brother’s hair. “Yeah, I know. So I’ll see you at lunch?” Kibum nodded and combed his hair with his fingers.

They go to their buildings and to their respective classes. Yunho can’t help but feel nervous because of the new faces that he’ll be going to meet. And he knows immediately that he won’t fit.

***

Kim Jaejoong kept on glancing at his watch and at the door, “Park Yoochun, where are you? The class will start soon.” He let out a sigh and was about to call his best friend when the door opened. It revealed a middle-aged woman with glasses that made her look stricter (though behind those glasses she’s as sweet and caring as a mother.)

Mrs. Seo put down her things on the table and faced her class. The moment she stood there, the room was drowned in silence. “So, another school year began, and you’re already graduating students.” She looked around and heaves a sigh. “I bet you already know that the Jungs went back to Korea and their children are now students of Seoul High. I don’t know if you can call it a good news but one of the Jung, the older, is going to be your classmate. So please be good to him and treat him nicely.”

The whole class was filled with murmurs and whispers:

“Hey, I heard the older Jung is a nerd.”

“A dork and a freak.”

“Gah! I can’t believe he’s going to be our classmate.”

Jaejoong shook his head, he felt bad for that older Jung. He was already judged by his own classmates without even knowing him. Just because of being a nerd (and dork and freak).

The back door rustled open and Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief when he saw Yoochun. He waved at him and motioned to seat beside him.

“It’s five minutes before the class. You’re almost late. What happened to you?”

“Aish Jae, I just got here and you’re already pestering me.” Yoochun smirked at his best friend, “I forgot to set my alarm.” Jaejoong just nodded even though he knows that his friend overslept again.

The front door cracked open and a guy with thick glasses went in the classroom.

“He’s disgusting,” whispered the girl who’s seated beside Yoochun. The latter looked up and saw who his classmate referred to as ‘disgusting’.

“I just hope he’s not going to seat anywhere near me,” she added.

“Yah! Don’t say that, that’s rude!” hissed Jaejoong. His temper rising up. The girl looked at him feeling sorry and bowed down her head. Those who heard him saying that were shocked too, because it’s their first time to hear Jaejoong sound so angry.

“Hey, chill man, she’s just kidding.” Yoochun smacked his back.

“Joke or not it’s still not good to talk bad to someone whom you don’t even know yet.” he frowned and looked to the guy in front.

“Please introduce yourself.” Mrs. Seo said.

“Uhm, hello, I’m Jung Yunho and you can call me Yunho. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Please take care of me.” Yunho bowed and his classmates clapped [lamely] as a sign of welcome.

“Y-Yunho?!” asked Yoochun, his eyebrows meet at the center and bewilderment is written all over his face.

Jaejoong looked at him, “You know him?”

“N-not exactly but his name is kinda familiar. I think I’ve heard it somewhere before.” he said more to himself than to his best friend. Jaejoong shrugged and return his gaze to the guy up front.

“Mr. Jung, you can take your seat at the empty chair at the back near the window.” Yunho walked his way to the empty chair timidly, eyes on the ground.

“Gosh, he’s going to seat behind Yoochun oppa!” the girls squealed while the boys eyed him from head to toe.

As he sat down to his new place, Yunho let out a sigh of relief. He took out his books, notes, and pen, and put it on his table.

Mrs. Seo began her lesson. Jaejoong kept on glancing at Yunho who is busy taking down notes. Yoochun noticed his friend’s action and glared at him, “What are you doing?” he whispered. Jaejoong shook his head and focused on their lesson.

♥ ♥ ♥

“One more subject and finally we’re going to eat our lunch.” Yoochun yawned and stretched his arms and legs. “I’m really starving.”

“You are now behaving like Changmin does.” Jaejoong laughed while staring at his best friend.

“Bwo?! In what way?”

Jaejoong bit his lower lip to prevent himself from laughing then he rest his chin on his left palm, “Well, you keep on talking about food lately and you keep on telling me that you’re hungry.”

Yoochun scratch his nape, “Maybe I should stop hanging out with him. Geez, I can’t believe I am becoming like him, that food monster.” he made a tsk sound and shook his head.

The second subject is Math. “Whoever invented this subject, I’m gonna break the hell out of him.” Yoochun gritted his teeth while trying to understand the problem their teacher gave them.

“Chun, that someone you’re pertaining to has already died eons of age ago.”

“Whatever, this subject pisses me of. I really hate this crap.” he let out a heavy sigh and looked at the back. “How come you’re able to understand the crap that she’s teaching? You’re unbelievable!” Yoochun exclaimed and Jaejoong look at where his best friend's talking to. He saw Yunho scribbling notes on the paper.

Yunho look up at Yoochun, “Are you talking to me?”

The latter look at him with disbelief, “Who else am I talking to? Geez, you’re just the only one at my back.”

“Oh, sorry.” he looked down and resume what he’s doing.

“And you didn’t even answer my question?” Yoochun asked in bewilderment. Again, Yunho look at him with confusion visible on his almost black (dark brown) eyes, “Did you just ask me a question?”

Yoochun rolled his eyes and comb his hair with his fingers because of frustration. This new classmate of him is getting on his nerves. Jaejoong  put the back of his hand in his mouth and chuckled.

Finally, the never-ending problem solving subject has come to an end.

“Yah, Kim Jaejoong, hurry up! I can’t hold my hunger anymore!”

“Okay, okay.” he was about to run out of the room when he noticed that Yunho didn’t move on his position and just stared at his mobile phone. “Hey,” the latter look up at him then look at his side and at his back.

“You’re talking to me?” He asked as he points a finger on his own face.

Jaejoong can’t help but laugh at his reaction, “Yeah, I’m talking to you. Anyway, why are you just sitting here? Aren’t you going to the cafeteria?”

Yunho looked at his phone first before answering, “Uhm, I’m waiting for my brother. We agreed to have our lunch together.”

“Oh, well, if you two don’t hurry up you might not be able to have a good seat and good food.” he smiled and went out of the room. “He’s really weird” he thought to himself.

♥ ♥ ♥

“Hyung!” Jaejoong turned around and found his brother waving his arms for him to see. He went to their direction and put his tray on the table.

“What took you so long?” asked Yoochun as he grabs a bite on his chicken sandwich.

“Oh, I talked to Yunho-sshi,”

“Yunho? As in Jung Yunho?” Changmin asked as he gulped down his orange juice.

“Yup. I asked him if he’s going to have lunch.”

“Why’d you asked him?” Junsu said his brows furrowed.

“Because he didn’t move from his sit and he’s just staring at his phone. Then I’ve found out that he’s going to have lunch with his brother.”

“So that weird talked to you?”

“Don’t call him weird, Chun.”

“But it’s true,” he told Changmin and Junsu what happened between him and Yunho on their Math subject.

“No way,” said Junsu while Changmin’s mouth fell open.

“Speaking of the Jungs, they’re here.” said Jaejoong as he start eating his food.

All eyes are set at them as they made their way to the counter. “I really hate it when they keep on staring at us. We’re not even celebrities.” Kibum took his tray with his food on it and waited for his brother.

Yunho just smiled and took his own choice of food. He turned around just to see that the whole cafeteria is full of students.

“Uh oh, we don’t have space.” Out of the corner of Yunho’s eyes, he saw a hand waving up in the air. He nudged his brother to follow him and they went to where Yoochun and Jaejoong were.

“Uhm thanks,” said Yunho and put his tray on the table, he gestured at his brother to do the same.

“Welcome.” Yoochun said, smiling.

“Anyway, Yunho-sshi, this is Kim Junsu, my brother, and Shim Changmin his best friend.” Yunho took their hands to shake.

“Uhm, this is my younger brother, Bummie — I mean, Kibum.”

“Yeah, we know.” said Changmin and rolled his eyes.

“Oh.”

“Why don’t the two of you seat and start to eat?” asked Jaejoong.

“Yeah, right,” Yunho sat beside Jaejoong and look at his brother.

“I’m not going to sit near that giant ogre.” said Kibum pointing at Changmin who’s about to put the sandwich at his mouth but stopped midway.

“Who did you call a giant ogre?” his eyes narrowed.

“You.” Kibum answered bluntly.

“Kibum.” said Yunho in a low voice, more like saying ‘don’t start a fight’.

Junsu eyed his best friend and look at Kibum whose arms crossed at his chest. Jaejoong and Yoochun look at Kibum and back to Changmin. “Oops, looks like they’re not getting along with each other,” said Yoochun grinning.

“If you don’t want to sit anywhere near me, go get your tray and eat outside.”

“And who are you to order me around?”

The four of them felt the tension rising up and Junsu coughed, “Hey, Min, don’t be rude.”

“Who’s being rude?” asked Changmin, a single brow rising.

Yunho eyed his brother and the latter look at him. “Long story.” he answered when he understand the meaning of his brother’s gaze.

Yunho sighed and stand up, “You can sit beside him, and I’ll just sit beside Changmin.” He sat beside Changmin and Kibum took his place beside Jaejoong.

“Okay, let’s eat,” said Junsu.

 

A/N sorry if it's a long [too long] chapter...mian >.<