* Middle : 4

Flower Child

 

Luhan pushed open the door, slipping into the house. He hoped that he had been quiet, since it was already 8 at night. Luhan had tried to leave a bit early, just to check if Yoonhae was actually still waiting for him at their little hangout, but the guys wouldn't let him. He gently placed his bag on the kitchen table, and before he could do anything else, someone stopped him.

"Luhan, we need to have a talk." 

Luhan looked up, and saw that the person who told him that was none other then Sehun. Luhan bit his lip, and nodded his head.

"Yes hyung…"

Sehun led him out of the house, and onto the porch.

"Lu Han, do you know when Yoonhae came home?" Sehun asked him, as he sat Luhan down on one of the porch chairs, while Sehun propped himself against the doorframe.

Luhan shook his head, having a bad feeling that it was a pretty late time.

"She came home at 6:30, her body rock solid. I'm surprised that she only caught a cold," Sehun told him, before shaking his head in disappointment.

"You better be glad that her mom wasn't home, and Minhae was. Her mom would've flipped," Sehun added, looking at Luhan.

Luhan felt something in him tighten. Right in his chest.

"And… I hope you know she's been crying for the past hour and a half, just because of you. What the heck happened, Luhan-ah?" Sehun questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I…I went with the guys after soccer practice. I didn't know that she would've waited for me that long!" Luhan exclaimed.

Sehun sighed.

"You know that she trusts you the most, Luhan-ah. I can't believe that you did that. Out of all people, you should know her the best," Sehun scolded softly.

"I know hyung… but the guys kept pushing me, and I…" Luhan started.

Something in him couldn't finish the sentence, cause he knew that it wasn't true. He could have easily left them for Yoonhae. Sehun clicked his tongue in disappointment, before opening the door.

"Come in Luhan and get your homework done. We'll continue this talk later," Sehun told him, propping it open with his foot.

Luhan looked up at him, before getting off of the chair. He slowly walked into the house, before taking off his jacket. He started to walk toward Yoonhae's room door, but Sehun stopped him.

"I don't think she wants to see you right now, Luhan-ah," he told Luhan, looking at him sternly.

Luhan's heart sank in disappointment, before he nodded his head.

"Yes hyung…"

And with that, he sat on a chair, took out his math book, and started working on problems that he should've done hours ago.

 

Yoonhae sat curled up on her bed, a heat blanket covering her. She sneezed. Minhae, who was in Yoonhae's bathroom, gasped before rushing over and handing her a tissue. Yoonhae took it and blew her nose with it.

"Thanks Unni," she muttered, before crumpling it up in her hand.

Minhae sighed, before taking the mini wastebasket, and bringing it up to Yoonhae. Yoonhae tossed it in, and went back to her curled up position. Minhae frowned, before wrapping her arm around her little sister, heartbroken that her best friend would do something like that.

"How come my relationship with Luhan isn't like yours and Sehun Oppa's?" Yoonhae asked bitterly.

"It's not that I wanted a relationship with Luhan Oppa, though, Unni. I just wanted him to stay my friend. I wanted him to keep his promises. But… he broke all of them," she mumbled.

Minhae shook her head.

"I really don't know, Yoonhae-ah. I'm sorry this was the way it ended up to be," she whispered, soothing Yoonhae.

Or so she had hoped.

"But I don't want it to be like this!" Yoonhae whined loudly, shocking Minhae with her tone.

"I want us to be 10 again, when he protected me wherever we went! I want to be in primary school again! This isn't fair!" she exclaimed, throwing her blanket onto the floor, before she broke out in sobs.

Minhae looked at her sister, pity shooting out of her eyes. She tightened her grip on her.

"Cry, Yoonhae-ah, cry," she whispered, rocking her back and forth.

Yoonhae only sobbed.

"I want Luhan to be himself again. Why did he have to change?" she cried, her voice wavering from her tears.

At the moment, she didn't care about being selfish. She was upset, cold, and heartbroken. She never changed, so how could she process the feelings on how Luhan had changed?