* End : 2

Flower Child

 

Yoonhae ate silently as she sat at the table with her grandmother.

"You'll be back in school next week…" her grandma informed.

Yoonhae nodded her head, before sticking a piece of kimchi in , her mind not even listening.

"Are you ready to see your friends again?" her grandma asked, hoping that Yoonhae would reply verbally.

"I never had friends in the first place…" Yoonhae muttered, staring at the grains of rice in her bowl.

Her grandmother frowned, before it became silent again. There was no getting Yoonhae to talk. What happened to the lively, chirpy Yoonhae anyways?

"Is this about that boy Luhan?" her grandmother asked suddenly, making Yoonhae almost choke on her rice.

Her grandma mused, before getting up to pat Yoonhae's back.

"So it is about Luhan. Tell me what went wrong."

 

"There's no other choice Luhan," Zhu Hua muttered, before patting Luhan's back in comfort.

Luhan's tears began spilling out of his eyes violently, as his legs bailed out on him, causing him to collapse to the ground.

"But… who's going to protect her now? Who's going to make her feel better when she's down? She can't do it on her own!" Luhan exclaimed, half incoherent because of his hiccuping.

Zhu Hua frowned, before kneeling down to meet Luhan's face.

"She'll do fine, Luhan-ah… If you never even entered her life, it would've been the same as if you left it." 

Luhan sighed, hiccuping in between. 

"But i'll miss her. I'll miss comforting her, I'll miss teasing her… And worst of all, if I become a flower again," Luhan started, before hiccuping.

"I would've never had gotten to tell her that i'm sorry for hurting her." Luhan muttered bitterly, before putting his face into his hands.

Zhu Hua sighed in pity, before deciding on something that he would probably never do again.

"I'll let you see her one more time."

Luhan lifted his head up to look at Zhu Hua. He started to wipe his tears away.

"Really?"

Zhu Hua smiled just a bit, before nodding his head.

"Yes, but just for you. One week to tell everyone you're aquatinted with that you're leaving  to China that is. One week to make it up to Yoonhae. If you don't make it up before the end of this week, there's no more chances, do you hear me?" Zhu Hua asked, looking at Luhan intently.

Luhan nodded his head.

"Yes sir. I'll make sure that I use this chance wisely."

"The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you treat it because every step will show."