* End : 1

Flower Child

 

Yoonhae's cup of tea stayed on it's spot on the windowsill, as she stared outside of the window. The glass was slowly getting fogged up by the coldness outside, so she began writing on the window. The first thing she inscribed on her new 'canvas', was 鹿. She tried so desperately hard to memorize the order and how it looked like on that one summer when she wrote down his name wrong  and he for it. She frowned, looking at the character, before slapping her palm lightly on it, and clearing it off of the window. 

"Stupid, stupid Luhan. Why can't you just stay your 10 year old innocent self?" Yoonhae asked herself, as she removed her hand. 

The window quickly fogged up again, causing her to sigh.Why did everything have to change… so quickly? First Luhan, and now the window? Why couldn't it just stay clear? Yoonhae ruffled her own hair in frustration, almost knocking over her cup.

"Is there something wrong, Yoonhae-ah?" a voice called, making Yoonhae turn around.

She bit her lip as her face was facing her grandmother.

"Oh, nothing at all… Just frustrated a bit at how cold the weather is today," she lied a bit.

Her grandmother nodded her head unsurely, before she exited the room to get back to her cooking. Yoonhae sighed again, before taking a sip of her tea. She almost spit it back out because of how cold it was. She was about to hate the cold very, very much.

 

"Your footsteps showed what you liked more that day. I look over all of the human flowers, but you stuck out the most. You did whatever you wanted. At first, you were good to go. You protected Yoonhae, and made sure that she was happy and content. But then… middle school came, and what happened? You completely steered away from your purpose of taking on this human form!" Zhu Hua scolded.

Luhan closed his eyes, and flinched. He wasn't very used to being yelled at. Being spoken to harshly, well yeah, but this volume  especially from the god of flowers in a human form  he wasn't used to it at all.

"I'm sorry…" He whispered softly.

"There is no apologies at a moment like this! You've steered away for three years now, Luhan. I gave you three years to regain yourself, but you just got worse. Leaving her outside to freeze was one of the worst things you could've ever done to her! Your steps you took are embedded into my mind now. It was so clear because of the snow," Zhu Hua hissed.

Luhan wanted to fight back, but he knew he couldn't. He couldn't, because he knew it was true, and nothing would change it. 

"I'll try my best to fix my mistakes," Luhan replied.

Zhu Hua shook his head.

"I can't let you do that Luhan. I gave you three years already. You've just littered the earth with your existence as a human, being like all of the other real humans, not caring about girls unless they're pretty or popular -- or better yet, famous."

"But I don't care about girls!" Luhan defended.

"And that's the point! Yoonhae is a girl, isn't she?" Zhu Hua questioned.

"But she doesn't count!" Luhan hissed.

"So she doesn't count as a girl in your eyes then, Luhan?" Zhu Hua questioned.

"I didn't mean it like that…" Luhan muttered.

"If she doesn't count as a girl to you Luhan, then how am I supposed to know for sure that you're going to end up with her, making her happy? Do you know how much you've hurt her already?"

Luhan pursed his lips.

"I do…" he admitted bitterly, mentally cursing himself.

"Then you should know why you're not getting another chance," Zhu Hua spat at Luhan.

Silence filled the air. Thoughts ran through Luhan's mind, before one stopped and slapped him in the face.

"What's going to happen to me now, since you're not giving me another chance?"