* Middle : 3

Flower Child

 

As the years passed by, Luhan had grown quite popular. Luhan had been given the title of 'Soccer Superstar', as he got selected for the soccer team every time he tried out. He had been known school wide, even when he moved from middle school, to high school. Yoonhae had turned out the same: quiet, reserved, but average. Average grades, average looks, average everything. Everything... but friends. She only really had Luhan, but he was slipping away from her; faster then she though he ever would.

 

Yoonhae opened for locker and sighed. Luhan promised to eat lunch with her today, but instead he forgot, and ate with his soccer friends again. Yoonhae didn't really show that she minded, but she sure felt it. As her hand latched her science book, laughter rang through the noisy hall. She looked back, and saw that it was Luhan, with his senior friends. As he approached her, he waved a quick goodbye to his friends, before stopping at his locker. He was unlocking his locker, when Yoonhae frowned. He didn't even say a simple 'hi' to her.

"How was lunch today, Oppa?" she asked him, looking at him earnestly.

He whipped his head in her direction, and flashed her a smile.

"Oh, it was great! Jongin hyung ordered a pizza, and we all pigged out in the break room," he gushed, his eyes turning into semi crescents  the crescents that only showed up when he was incredibly happy.

"Oh… I'm glad you had fun then…" she muttered, before turning back to her locker.

Luhan threw her a confused look.

"Eh? Why do you seem so upset?" he asked her.

Yoonhae frowned, before shaking her head.

"It's nothing Oppa…. It was just a bit lonely at lunch, that's all," she whispered to him, before shutting her locker.

Luhan's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, before he realized his mistake. Yoonhae began to walk to her next class, too upset with Luhan to continue the conversion. Luhan mentally face palmed himself, before he chased after her. 

"Yoonhae-ah! I'm really sorry!" he exclaimed, before putting his hand on her shoulder to stop her.

Yoonhae bit her lip.

"It's… it's okay Oppa," she lied.

Luhan turned her around. He smiled just a bit.

"How about this; since we didn't get to eat lunch together, how about we hangout after my soccer practice today at our special hangout!" Luhan suggested.

Yoonhae smiled, and nodded her head.

"But meet me there, only after i'm done with practice. Don't wait for me, because it's cold outside, and I don't want you to get sick," he added.

Yoonhae smiled a bit wider, and nodded her head once again.

"Okay Oppa!"

 

After school, Yoonhae didn't bother to wait for Luhan. She knew that he had gone straight to soccer practice like he always does. She walked down the street, and took the right turn in the two way junction, her shoes crunching through the snow. Her nose became a tint of red, as she entered the area. Most of the flowers and plants had died, but she thought that it was still beautiful. She placed herself under a tree, and took out one of her textbooks as she waited. She was so sure that Luhan was coming this time. She beamed to herself, as she began to do her homework.

 

As soon as practice ended, Luhan changed back into his warm clothes. As he exited the locker room, he met up with Jongin.

"Yo Luhan! Me and the guys are going out to go bowling. Wanna come with?" Jongin asked him.

Luhan smiled, and nodded his head.

"Sure hyung!"

They all put on their winter coats, and exited the building. As they walked down the street, horse playing and whatever boys do when they walk somewhere, Luhan noticed a faint pair of footsteps in the snow. As they got to the two way junction, his eyes wandered to the right path. He saw a single pair of footsteps down the right path. Luhan gasped, before face palming himself. Yoonhae! He stopped right in front of both the entrances, wondering which way he should go.

"Luhan-ah! The way to the bowling alley is this way!" Kyungsoo, another one of his teammates, called out.

Luhan looked up, and saw the group already walking down the left path. He began to feel dizzy. His teammates, or Yoonhae? Which path was he going to take? 

"Luhan! You coming, or not?" Minseok called out, snapping him out of his thinking.

Luhan shook his head to get rid of the dizziness, before looking up.

"Yeah! I'm coming!" he exclaimed, before running towards them.

Hopefully you won't stay there long, Yoonhae-ah. I'm really sorry, he thought to himself, before joining his group of friends.

 

Yoonhae looked at her watch, her body shaking from the cold. It was already 4:30. Luhan should've finished practice by now.

"Luhan's practice must've ended late or something. I'm sure he wouldn't ditch me for the second time," she whispered hoarsely to herself, before hugging herself warm.

Her eyelids drooped down. Maybe she could catch a nap, and when Luhan comes, he'll wake her up. Hopefully, she won't freeze to death while waiting for him.