Beginnings : 2

Flower Child

a/n: if you don't know what the word "oppa" means, I suggest you google it. i'll be using it a lot.

 

Luhan tugged at his clothes slightly. It felt like his body couldn't breathe. Yoonhae looked at Luhan, who was fidgeting.

"Oppa… you okay?" she asked, getting worried.

Luhan turned his head towards her, and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I'm fine… but these clothes are uncomfortable," he complained, before frowning.

Yoonhae laughed.

"You and I think alike, Oppa. Don't worry, you'll get used to it sooner or later."

Yoonhae assured, before pulling his hand to make it on time for the bus. 

"Come! We'll be late," she whispered to him.

Luhan nodded his head, and entered the bus. All of the girls suddenly stopped their talking, and focused their eyes on Luhan. Luhan shifted more under discomfort. Haven't they ever seen a flower before, he asked himself. Yoonhae swiped her card for two, before turning around, seeing that everyone's attention was to Luhan. She looked over at Luhan, to see how he was reacting. It seemed that he was uncomfortable. She gently put her hand on his arm, and guided him over to a seat that was next to the window. She sat down next to him. The bus began to move again, but it was still quiet. A little… too quiet.

"Yoonhae-ah… Why are all of those humans looking at me?" Luhan asked Yoonhae quietly, almost lower then a whisper.

Yoonhae looked around, and saw that everyone was still looking at the two of them. Normally they would be loud and talkative, and didn't give two thoughts about her.

"I-I don't even know, Oppa," she replied, almost as quietly as he had been.

"Hey, new kid! What's your name?" Joohyun, one of the most liked boys in Yoonhae's class, asked Luhan.

Luhan looked up nervously, and cleared his throat.

"I-I-I don't talk to strangers."

Joohyun and his friends looked at each other, and then shortly laughed.

"Oh come on dude! Seriously, what's your name?" Joohyun asked.

Luhan shook his head.

"I told you that I don't talk to strangers."

Joohyun looked at him like he was crazy.

"You… You don't talk to strangers, but you talk to losers like Yoonae?" Joohyun asked.

"It's Yoonhae, and she's my friend, not a stranger like you," Luhan muttered.

 

Yoonhae sat down at a double desk, having Luhan trailing behind her, and sitting down next to her. He looked around, and saw a bunch of girls looking at him. He leaned down uncomfortably, and looked at Yoonhae.

"Why are they all looking at me again?" Luhan asked curiously.

Yoonhae, who looked around her to see people watching him, sighed.

"I don't know Oppa... You would think they got the message on the bus," she replied.

Luhan frowned, and watched Yoonhae, as she took out her supplies. He looked at them in interest. 

"What are those... Yoonhae-ah?" Luhan asked, as he pointed at the pencils.

Yoonhae chuckled, and picked one up. She put it on his side of the desk.

"It's a pencil, Oppa. You use it to write," she explained, as she put a notebook in front of him too.

Luhan grinned, and opened up the notebook. He marveled at the paper inside. Blue lines, running down the page, and holes in it as well. He picked up the pencil, and started to write in his notebook. Yoonhae peered over, and saw that he was something over and over again. It was a lot different then Korean. 

"Oppa, what is that?" Yoonhae asked.

Luhan looked at her, before smiling.

"It's my name written in Chinese," he replied.

Yoonhae's eyes lit up.

"Oh Oppa! I didn't know that you could write Chinese."

"I'm actually Chinese. Plants can just speak the language in the country they're found in," Luhan explained.

"I see Oppa! It's so cool how you're Chinese!" Yoonhae exclaimed, before putting her elbows on the desk.

"Omg~ You're chinese?" a girl, one of the popular ones, asked.

She was about two desks away. Yoonhae mentally face palmed herself for being so loud. Nayoung, the popular girl, skipped over to them.

"Oppa~ It's sooo cool that you're Chinese! Can you speak it, too?" she asked, putting her fists up to her face, elbows on the table, and blinking at him for the cute effect.

"Yeah, I can speak it too..." Luhan replied, not as cheerfully as before.

Dayoung, not realizing it, wrapped her hands around Luhan's arm.

"That's awesome Oppa! Come sit with me and my friends, okay? You don't have to just sit with Yoonhae just because she's your guide," she started, before bending down to reach the level of his face.

Yoonhae frowned. She didn't want Luhan to leave her... He was her only friend.

"She's such a loner anyways. She's messy, and not pretty like me. You should come join us Oppa, don't stay with her," she whispered.

Something ran over Luhan's body. He yanked his arm from Nayoung's grasp and intertwined his fingers with Yoonhae's, shocking the both of them.

"She's my friend, and she's pretty, too. Even if she's a loner, I would like to stay with her, and not you, because she is my friend, and she's not mean like you, judging people before you meet them. Oh, and don't call me Oppa. I barely know you." Luhan harshly told Nayoung, before turning around to face Yoonhae.

Shock was written all over Nayoung's face, before she turned her self around, and walked back to her seat.Yoonhae looked at Luhan with wide eyes.

"You.. You.. You didn't leave me..." she mumbled softly.

Luhan smiled, and squeezed her hand softly.

"I would never leave you... You're my friend, and I will be beside you til' the end."

"Promise?" Yoonhae asked, putting out her pinky.

"Promise," Luhan said genuinely, before hooking his pinky onto hers.