* Middle : 6

Flower Child

 

Yoonhae's grip on her suitcase was tight, as she pulled it out of the trunk. She took in the sharp scent of pine trees, before placing it down on the dirt road. Her mom got out of the car.

"Are you sure about this, Yoonhae-ah? What about Luhan?" she asked.

Yoonhae gave her mom a small smile, trying to hide her sadness.

"Luhan will manage. I think Sehun Oppa took him under his wing or something," she explained.

Her mom nodded her head, before hugging Yoonhae tightly.

"I'll miss you tons." she whispered.

"Same here mom. I'll miss you so much." Yoonhae replied, sighing.

Her mom released her, and began to walk back to her driver's seat.

"Call me if you change your mind."

"Don't worry, I won't change my mind. It's only a week's stay."

"I'll make sure you'll catch up on all of your work when you get back."

 

After watching her mom drive away, Yoonhae wheeled her suitcase towards the tiny, yet cozy, house. She rapped the door three times before it opened.

"Grandmother!" she explained, before grinning and opening her arms for a hug.

"Yoonhae-ah! You have no idea how much I have missed you! Come in, come in!" she explained, before ushering Yoonhae into her humble abode.

 

Luhan and Sehun walked into a cave. Luhan could recognize this place from anywhere.

"Why are you taking me here hyung?" he asked quietly.

Sehun ignored him, as they entered the breath taking scene. Okay, almost breath taking scene, since it was freezing cold outside. Sehun walked past the tree Yoonhae slept at the day before, and stopped at a boulder. It was smooth to the touch, except for some scratches here and there. Sehun pulled out a blade. Luhan's eyes got wider.

"Hyung…?" he asked, as Sehun started to put markings into the boulder.

"Sh Luhan, I'm trying to do something," Sehun told him, pursing his lips as he got half way done.

Luhan just stood, and watched him. After Sehun was done, he pulled out a certain white flower. Luhan gasped.

"Isn't that… isn't that a flower of my kind?" Luhan whispered.

Sehun merely nodded, before rubbing the petals again the scratches, pulverizing it into a paste, making it fill the scratches with bits of petal, pollen and glucose. Luhan flinched at the scene. It could've been one of his friends. After the flower parts filled up all of the cracks, it began to glow. The scratches that were glowing showed up a logo, with six circles that were connected with lines. Suddenly, the sky became gray, and the light that shined from the symbol began to get brighter. Luhan closed his eyes, and used his hands to shield it also. The light suddenly stopped, and Luhan unshielded his eyes. In front of him, was someone who looked really similar to JJ Lin. Sehun suddenly bowed.

"Zhu Hua…" Sehun whispered, his head down.

Luhan bowed immediately as he heard the name. Luhan didn't know that the god of all human flowers could take on a human form, and be so… young.

"Sehun, human form of the white cherry blossom branch, thank you for summoning Luhan, human form of the easter lily, here for me," Zhu Hua told Sehun.

Sehun stood up straight again, and nodded his head.

"It was nothing," he commented, before bowing briefly once, and slipped away.

Luhan stood up, and marveled at Zhu Hua. Luhan had heard all about him, but he never thought that he would be able to meet him in person.

"Lu Han, do you want to know why I asked Sehun to bring you here?" Zhu Hua asked suddenly, making Luhan snap out of his thoughts.

Luhan's eyes flicked in confusion. He tried to think why someone of such a high power would want to meet him. He didn't do anything amazing… did he? Zhu Hua sighed at the latter's thoughts. 

"Do you know what's one's purpose of turning from a flower into a human?" Zhu Hua asked.

Luhan blinked, before shaking his head. Oh god, how innocent he looked. Zhu Hua clicked his tongue.

"I knew my secretary was being a lazy ," Zhu Hua muttered bitterly, and made a mental note to scold his secretary when he gets back to the heavens and his office.

Luhan, who had heard the comment, furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is there something wrong?"

Zhu Hua sighed, before shaking his head.

"The purpose of you turning into a human by Yoonhae was for you to protect her for the rest of your life. Cheer her up when she's down, make her happy."

Luhan confused look vanished as a feeling of guiltiness engulfed him.

"You had two paths that day, Luhan-ah… One with your friends that you would forget after they graduated and left you behind, and one that held someone who would've stayed with you the rest of your life. You had one decision… Why screw it up for your future?"