* Middle : 5

Flower Child

 

In the kitchen, both Luhan and Sehun could hear the clatter of the battery case of the heat blanket hit the wall. Luhan winced, as he could hear muffled screams from his seat. Sehun sighed disappointedly for the umpteenth time, and placed his head in his hands. As Sehun had his eyes closed, Luhan tried to slip out of his chair, and into Yoonhae's room. As he got at least 5 steps from his spot, Sehun's hand pulled him back.

"You're not allowed to see her," he muttered, before putting Luhan back in his seat.

Luhan pouted.

"But why? I want to see her! I want to comfort her!" he fought back.

"And do what, huh Luhan? Give her false hope that the old Luhan is back? Because I know for sure that you're not going to put her first again. Not after everything that happened," Sehun chided, looking at him.

Luhan shrunk under his gaze. He knew that he was right. Old Luhan would never be back, even if he tried his best it wouldn't be back. Luhan picked up his pencil again, and started to scrawl over the piece of paper. The clock hit 8:30, and Sehun got up from his seat. 

"Pack up your stuff, Luhan-ah," he told Luhan.

Luhan gave him a confused look.

"Huh?"

"Come on. We have to go somewhere important tomorrow, and I can't let you stay here," Sehun explained, walking over to the living room.

There, he grabbed a bag off of the ground, and slung it over his shoulder.

"Where are we going?" Luhan asked, as he put his books in his bag.

"Somewhere," Sehun replied bluntly.

"That's vague hyung." 

"I know, but you can find out later. Right now, we have to go before my mom gets mad."

 

The next day, at 10 am, Luhan woke up. His eyes took one glance at the clock, and his eyes widened.

"Oh my god! I'm late for school!" he exclaimed worriedly, before scrambling out of the bed he was staying in.

He stumbled out of the room, and landed in the kitchen somehow. Sehun was at the stove, cooking some eggs.

"Oh, you're finally awake," he commented, before sliding the egg onto a plate, piling it with bacon, ham and some orange slices.

Luhan's face twisted a bit.

"You're not mad?" he asked.

"Mad about what?"

"… er hyung… I'm late for school."

Sehun scoffed, and waved his hand.

"That's what you were worrying about? I called and told them that you wouldn't be attending school today."

Luhan sighed in relief. But that relief wasn't there for long.

"Who's going to protect Yoonhae?" he asked.

"Yoonhae doesn't need protection." Sehun simply said.

Luhan stared at Sehun.

"You've obviously never seen Yoonhae alone with a group of girls before."

Sehun chuckled a bitter chuckle.

"I have already. When she was 6. I'm not blind, Luhan. Now eat up before we leave. It's a very important trip we'll be taking."