Beginnings : 4

Flower Child

 

Yoonhae walked across the school's garden. Today she was alone, because Luhan was sick, and she didn't want him to come to school, and deteriate his heatlh. As she reached for a door to get back inside, someone pushed her down. It was one of her classmates. The classmate was Kim Yejin, and she had a smirk on her face.

"Oops, sorry Yoonhae," she apologized sarcastically, before she opened the door for herself, and walked in.

Yoonhae frowned, before she got up and dusted herself off. Why must my life be like this, she thought sadly, as she tried to twist the doorknob. It was no help. It was locked. Yejin must've locked it when she went in. Yoonhae groaned.

"Crap! My mom's going to be very disappointed in me," she muttered bitterly.

She plopped down onto the concrete, and waited for someone to open the door, so she could get in as well.

 

Yoonhae pulled the screen door open, and stepped into her house. She took off her shoes, and looked up to see a very angry mother staring at her.

"Yoonhae-ah! Why did you skip all three of your last classes?" she probed loudly.

Yoonhae winced at the volume.

"I didn't mean to mommy... it's just that I got locked out!" she defended.

"Locked out? There are always other doors to get in, Yoonhae-ah. One door isn't going to stop you from going to class!" her mom scolded.

Luhan, who was curious to what the loud noises were about, came into the kitchen.

"But... mommy... you don't unnderstand!" Yoonhae exclaimed.

Her mom gave an exasperated sigh.

"Look, Yoonhae-ah, promise me that you won't ever skip class again, alright?"

"But I didn't even want to in the first place!"

"Yoonhae!"

"Y-yes... umma."

Her mom grunted in approval.

"Good, now go into your room, and start your homework. You'll have a lot to catch up tomorrow."

Yoonhae bit her quivering lip, before running to her room. Luhan watched her run, and followed after her. He entered the room quietly.

"Why did you have to be sick, Oppa?" Yoonhae asked, pouting softly.

She had seen Luhan come in. She knew that he couldn't speak because of his sore throat, but she just had to ask him. Luhan frowned, before walking over to her. He got onto the bed, and hugged her. Yoonhae knew that Luhan couldn't speak, so the hug counted for it all. She hugged him back, and put her face in his chest. One by one, tears started to come out of her eyes, and all Luhan could do was hug her. To Yoonhae, it was one of the best things that he could've done in that moment. She was glad that he didn't take the precaution to think that if he did this, then maybe Yoonhae would get sick, too. He didn't think that alone time would be enough for her, because he knew. He knew that hugs and comforting words helped Yoonhae the best, and he's convinced himself to never let go of that fact. Ever.