Chapter 4

Finding My Sweet Prince

 

Donghae quietly sneaked into the classroom and slipped into his desk while the teacher was turned around, writing on the board.

 

"Sup?" whispered Yesung, his best friend, who noticed Donghae coming in.

 

"Hey," whispered Donghae back.

 

"Mr. Lee Donghae, why are you late?" asked the teacher suddenly without turning around.

 

'Aish! Does the teacher have eyes on the back of her freakin' head?!' thought Donghae and quickly tried to make up an excuse.

 

"Umm... you see, my dad needed help in his office so I helped him."

 

"Oh, I see," replied the teacher in a monotone and went back to writing on the board.

 

After ten minutes more of early morning class, the teacher said, "Okay, this will the end for today and your homeroom teacher will be coming in soon."

 

Soon, she left and the classroom buzzed with students gossiping and playing around.

 

"Yo, Lee Donghae! Late again?" greeted Sungmin as all the "circle of friends" came over to hang around Donghae's desk.

 

"Yeah... overslept again," replied Donghae with a half smile.

 

Donghae had never fully, happily smiled after his mom passed away. Even when he was around his buddies, he never smiled fully.

 

"Hey, that was actually a pretty good excuse. Coming out of your mouth, that was a bit of a shocker," teased Yesung.

 

"Whatever, man," chuckled Donghae, smiling a bit more.

 

Yesung and Donghae were best friends ever since third grade and Yesung was with Donghae through all of his ups and downs in life.

 

But not even Yesung could make Donghae fully smile anymore. After Donghae's mother's death, Donghae hid his feelings more and was harder to reach.

 

He was cold towards people he wasn't close to and that got him his nickname: the Cold Prince.

 

The "Prince" was added because he was very handsome and was the school's director's son.

 

"Dude, everybody could tell that it was totally a lie," laughed Kyuhyun.

 

"For real," agreed Hankyung with his cute Chinese accent.

 

Suddenly, there was a bustle of students as they realized the homeroom teacher coming in.

 

Sungmin, Hankyung, and Kyuhyun joined the hustle to get to their seats.

 

"Later, man," whispered Yesung to Donghae and scooted over towards his own desk.

 

The homeroom teacher cleared to get the students' attention and announced, "Class, we have a new student joining us today."

 

She motioned for the new student to come in and as the new student entered the room shyly, the class began to murmur.

 

"Be quiet!" yelled the teacher, "Please introduce yourself."

 

"Umm... Hi, my name is Kang Nari. I hope we can become good friends!" said the new student brightly.

 

Donghae looked up to see this new Nari girl and his eyes widened in shock. It was the girl he had accidently bumped into this morning!

 

He quickly looked away so she wouldn't notice him.

"

Let's see... you may sit next to Lee Donghae." said the teacher to Nari. "Lee Donghae! Raise your hand!"

 

'Aish!' thought Donghae but hid his feelings and indifferently raised his hand.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Notes;;

sorry 4 the late update! ><

i had to go out of town and school starts in 4 days! yikes!!

 

P o s t e d : 08. 21. 10