The Dancer

Being Held Captive By Kim Jong In

"You stare at the heap of letters and numbers strewn across the paper resting in front of you, taunting you for not knowing how to decipher them. You sigh for the umpteenth time and rest your head in your arms. "Physics is stupid," you groan.

"You're stupid."

You didn't even need to look up to see who the voice belonged to so you continued to wallow in your sadness. You heard the chair next to you move as said person dragged the chair from under the table. As he sits down, his cologne wafts towards you and you unconsciously take a deep breath - you inhale his strong and masculine scent. He smells good as always.

"We just did this today in class," Kai frowns and you hear how close he is to you. A little too close for comfort.

You jolt to an upright position and snap, "Well I just don't understand physics!"

"What were you doing in class?" He scrutinises you.

"I was listening! You saw me paying attention." You defend yourself. Unlike the rest of the guys who are watching things on their iPads or listening to music. It amazes you how the guys could answer questions Onew sprang on them despite not paying attention to him. Kai takes the homework sheet in front of you as you hear him humming.

He patiently spends the next few minutes explaining the question. "Ohmygod!! Why do I only understand these questions when people go through them with me? They're not even that difficult!" You sulk as your hand grips tightly onto your pacer pencil.

"Difficult enough for you not to get it." He taunts you.

"I don't get it. We sit in the same class- we sit next to each other for goodness sake. How am I not absorbing things as well as you?" You pout.

"Aww, not everyone can be as bright as oppa, So Eunnie~" Kai ruffles your hair.

You swat his hand away and glare at him. It's just not fair. How can someone like him have everything handed to him on silver platter? Brains, money... and looks- ugh, it's just not fair. 

"I know oppa is really good looking but you don't need to stare and make it so obvious." He smirks.

"OH MY GO-"

"Enough flirting, pleaaase!!" Baekhyun gags as he walks by with a bowl of spaghetti.

"We are not flirting," you grimace at the likes of flirting with Kim Jong In.

"I wouldn't flirt with her if she was the last girl- no person, on the planet Hyung, please." Kai scoffs. You weren't sure why but a part of you was saddened at his statement. Did he not see me as a girl? You mentally scold yourself, of course it'd be best for a hormonal boy, who was sharing living quarters with you, did not see you in that way.

You stand up, gather your belongings and mutter a thanks before returning to your room with spaghetti. You jump on your bed and load the third episode for the latest drama 'Sensory Couple'. You have high hopes for this series since JYJ's Yoochun and Shin Sekhyung were the leads. You're ten minutes into the drama when a low-battery window pops up on your screen. Tsk, where is that charger? You search around your room and scrunch your nose. Wouldn't it be dandy if I could smell my charger out? You smirk at yourself. Good call me.

You walk outside your room and try to spot the darn charger. "I didn't leave it on the couch... I was using it last night..." Your mind wanders trying to figure out where it is. "Hey Kai, have you seen my charger?" You shout as you walk into your room and sccan it for the charger. No answer.

"Yah, Kim Jong In! It's common courtesy to answer people when they're talking to you! Have you seen my charger?!" You reiterate.

... Still no answer... What the heck is that kid doing? You storm into his room but he isn't in there. You knock on the bathroom but no response. 

"Where is he?"

If only I didn't need to ask him for so much help. You grab your phone and text him about the whereabouts of your charger. You look at your laptop's battery percentage and groan, "Five percent."

You run downstairs and try to find Kai. "Go figure, I'm not only trying to find my charger but him now," you mutter.

You catch Sehun as he's walking to the home theatre and he lifts the large bowls of popcorn at you. "Wanna watch a movie with us?"

"Umm, is Kai there?"

"Nup, check his room."

"I have, he's not there. Did he go out?" You purse your lips. He better not have used your charger and lost it.

"Nah, he didn't, but why are you looking for him So Eun-ssi?" Sehun raises an eyebrow at you.

"I can't find my laptop charger," you sigh.

"Ahhh... what time is it?" Sehun suddenly asks.

You're confused but you check your phone, "8pm."

"Oh, he's in the dance studio. You should check out his Youtube channel!" Sehun smiles and turns on his heels.

"Dance studio? Where's that Sehun-ssi?" You call out.

"It's in the basement!" He responds as he disappears down the corridor.

You stare in Sehun's direction bewildered. Why is this house so equipped? I really should have asked for a proper tour from someone else. You roll your eyes and wander around looking for the 'basement'. Why does a house this big even have a basement? You roll your eyes. Nothing about these guys should even surprise me anymore. 

You arrive at a door and walk down the staircase. Normally walking down random staircases in horror movies would lead to the character's demise but this is not a movie. This is your mediocre life. Nothing interesting or remotely fortunate seems to happen. The best thing that has occurred is probably being taken in by these twelve guys.

As you approach the door at the bottom of the staircase you hear loud music, "this must be it." You open the door and what you see leaves you speechless. No, it isn't a dead body or some monster out to get you. It was a boy. It was him. Dancing. The way he moves stuns you into silence. Nothing is going through your mind at this time, the only thing you can do is watch him as he dances. the way Kai dances keeps you in a trance as you watch his body sway, execute sharp moves, and how his eyes are so focused and different. No longer are they playful and cheeky, now his chocolate brown orbs are sharp, charismatic and alluring. He dances his routine with so much focus that he doesn't notice your presence despite your small figure in the mirrors. His demeanour has undergone a 180 degree turn which leaves your captivated. 

y, charming, and oh so talented. You admire the way he could control his body and once again you can't help but compare yourself to him. He's smart, good looking, rich AND can dance?! Is there anything he can't do? Oh- he's also good in the bed from the noises that he elicits from girls... And then there's little me. Wallflower me. Nothing special me. I'm not smart, only academically average, I'm definitely not beautiful, just enough to look average, I'm by no means rich either... and I'm so uncoordinated to dance for my life. No, I'm too rigid and inflexible to dance... Does the macarena count?

The music comes to sudden halt and stands there huffing and puffing. He finally looks up at you surprise reflecting through his eyes. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to know someone here can dance, Mr. Twinkle Toes," you wink.

He laughs and gulps a copious amount of water without breaking eye contact. You notice he's in black loose pants and a black wife beater. Sweat rolls down his neck and his arms glean. You don't miss the way his biceps look defined under the studio's light. You finally notice the room and how there's a whole mirror wall adjacent to the door. It's a simple wall compared to the extravagance of the whole house its built beneath.

"How long have you been dancing for?" You ask inquisitively.

"Since I started walking."

"You're amazing." You breathe.

"Thanks," he smiles, "do you dance?"

"Does the macarena and hokey pokey count?"

He laughs again and you like the way it sounds. It's cute. "I guess it does. How'd you know I was down here?"

"Ahhh, I seem to have misplaced my laptop charger. Have you seen it?"

"Mmmmm, I used it. I'll give it back to you." He sheepishly grins before gathering his belongings.

"Where is it? I can get so keep dancing."

"That's enough dancing for today."

The two of you walk back to your room and he hands you back your charger... from under the couch. You mentally facepalm for not checking under the couch. "Thanks, you should return things after you use them so people don't know you used them."

"Aye, aye capt'n!" He winks at you.

You shake your head and walk back to your room. "Thanks by the way!" Kai shouts as you shut your bedroom door. You sigh at the black laptop screen and connect the charger. You whip out your phone and decide to check out Kai on Youtube. You enter 'Kim Jong In Dance' into the search bar and many videos pop up as suggestions. You spend the next few hours watching him dance as your eyes are magnetized to the way he dances. It was just so amazing and you couldn't help but smile as he gave you a dance concert.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hellooooo!!! It's been ridiculously long and I'm so sorry but I was considering dropping this fanfic but here I am. I have tried writing but I can't seem to put anything decent together :( Yet again I am eternally thankful for your support but I can't promise to update this regularly. Life has really caught up and it's so stressful and demanding but yeah, no excuses! I'll try to update this more frequently than a year. BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT ALL THE EXO DRAMA???? OMGGG D: There's no point saying EXO-M anymore cos well there isn't LOL. Anywho, I hope you've all been well <3 catch ya later alligators exoexo .... GEDDIT? HAHAHAHAHA i'm so punny ;)