No Mercy

Being Held Captive By Kim Jong In

KIM SO EUN:

The boys barrel out of the van and approach the long line. You nervously walk behind them trying to match their confident strides and looks.

I probably look so out of place behind them.

You heave a sigh and look up at the large exterior of the building. The walls consist of black bricks and you could practically see them bounce from the loud music within. 


"Hey," a hand softly touches your shoulder, "we're going in."

You look at Jong In and furrow your eyebrows. The others are walking into the entrance and sliding under the red rope being lifted up by the humongous bouncer.

"But... the line?" You look at the frustrated people who have been waiting in line for who knows how long. They stare at the queue jumpers with vicious vibes.

"One of the benefits of going clubbing often," he muses as you duck under the rope, "is that you get preferential treatment."

You take a step into the building and immediately feel like you have just entered a whole different world. The club is dimly lit albeit the roaming coloured lights which randomly move. The silence of the night is a stark contrast to the booming music inside this place.

It's as if the ground is shaking but it feels... exciting.

Before you is a big- very big dance floor but despite its large dimensions the amount of people dancing on it make it look suffocatingly claustrophobic.

Are they even dancing? Can they even dance that close to each other?

You squint at the bodies grinding against each other and arms flailing in the air. Surrounding that vicinity are tables and chairs for people to... mingle.

OMG ARE THEY DOING IT?!

Your eyes may as well fall out of your sockets as you stare at a couple showing much more than a public display of affection.

"Something to drink?" You catch Jong In ask or you think he asked.

"Pardon?!" You shout over the music.

"Do you want something to drink?" He points at the illuminated bar on the left.

There are 2 guys taking people's orders behind the all too packed bar.

"No thanks," you swallow the discomfort of not adjusting yet.

"I'm... drink." He says something.

You assume he was saying he was getting a drink and you nod. There's no point in speaking as nothing could compete with the ear shattering music. Jong In leads the way to the bar and you try your best to follow behind him without being separated. He jostles his way through the crowd, stops at the bar, and shouts something.

He turns around and looks at you. "We usually hang out up there." He points up at the second floor.

You follow the direction of his digit and widen your eyes at the sight. There are glass stairs that ascend to the second floor which is just as jam packed as the dance floor. However the second floor looks less social and more... intimate. It is full of tables and comfy sofas which are occupied by beautiful ladies and handsome men.

It almost looks more classier. Well as classy as you can get in a club.

"So Eun," Jong In calls out to you.

You spin around and to your surprise he has somehow managed to snag himself a seat. He motions for you to come over and for some reason you oblige. As you reach him, he swiftly pushes you on to the chair and smoothly slides off it.

"I'm going to ask the others what they want. I'll be back. Don't go anywhere." He instructs before leaving.

You spin around on the chair and look at the bar. It lights up due to the neon violet lights which make make it all the more attractive - attracting partygoers like moths to a light. You turn around and scrutinise the interior of the club.

The walls are black with dim lights on them every few metres apart. There are a lot of hanging lights and you find yourself drawn to the right side of the dance floor. Up on a little stage is a box with a tall blonde male with red head phones on. He is grinning so widely - showing off his gums - and pumping one hand in the air to the beat. His infectious smile makes you do the same.

"That's General Bang," a voice shouts from behind you.

You turn around to find an extremely tall boy leaning onto the bar with his long lean arms extended.

He pushes a drink towards you and smirks. "And I'm Zelo."

"Yah! Quit flirting and serve the customers!" The other bartender scolds Zelo.

Zelo laughs or what you think he's doing. The music makes it terribly difficult for anyone to correctly identify what others are doing let alone saying.

How do people manage to socialise with others in clubs? It's so roudy.

"I didn't order," you push the drink back towards the tall boy.

"Kai hyung did though," he replies, "I saw him with you a moment ago."

This kid is really observant.

He pushes the bottle back to you and grins. You hold back the urge to pinch his cheeks and grab onto the bottle instead.

"I gotta serve other people Miss but if you need anything just holler," he winks.

Hang on! He just called the smirker "hyung" which makes him younger than me. What is he doing in here?! Then again what am I doing here.

A pair of chocolate brown orbs stare at you and the person takes the bottle from you. He flashes a smile and leans in closer to you.

"Why don't you go dance?" He inclines his head to the dance floor.

"I think there's enough people," you glance nervously at the mass of people.

"Oh come on," Jong In pulls you to your feet.

He holds his drink in front of him and tugs you along with his free hand. He maneuvers his way through the grinding bodies and finds a spot for the 2 of you. Jong In moves his hips and motions for you to follow.

You take step forward and yell "I don't even know this song."

"You don't need to. Just move to the beat."

You try to step back but there's someone else standing right behind you. However, your luck strikes and the song changes to a familiar beat and now you grin.

"I know this song!" You scream in delight.

You start bouncing up and down to the beat and shout the lyrics at the top of your lungs. Jong In stands in front of you with an amused expression. For the next dozen of songs the two of you let loose - or you do - and just dance without a care in the world. At times your bodies collide but you retreat a little to maintain as much space between the two of you.

Your feet begin to hurt and you feel your skin become sticky. Your throat is dry and your head is pounding - whether it's from the music or adrenaline you don't know and quite frankly don't care. The song finally ends and the next one is slower and more... seductive. A girl in an extremely tight and short red mini dress squeezes between the two of you.

She's been staring at him the moment we got to this spot. She looks like a lion prowing for her next prey.

You watch her hands wander all over her body as she stares at Jong In bewitchingly. You observe the way his eyes stare at her and how they change from harmless fun, when with you, to lust.

He was looking at me before but it was different.

The girl does a body roll against Jong In and you watch him turn smug. He is so fixated on her voluptuous figure that you watch their interactions amusingly.

Did girls always throw themselves at him like this? Does he have any preferences? Curvaceous women? Short dresses? Flat stomachs? Big s?

The girl turns around and on him and without any shame her hands his face and run through his hair. He responds immediately with his generous hands roaming her body. You turn your head around feeling uncomfortable.

Why am I the one feeling embarrassed?

You go to seek recovery time at the bar without sparing a glance at Jong In. You do however catch the way she ily bites down on her bottom lip as she his tie.

The kid's too busy working on the girl to realise my absence.

You shake your head with a smile. Little did you realise that the said boy had indeed noticed you leave.

"Ahh, the lovely Miss has returned!" Zelo wipes his hands on his apron.

You smile at the little flirt and fold your arms onto the table.

"What's your weakest alcoholic drink?" You compete with the music.

"Hmmmm I think you'd-"

"Yah, Junhong! Get up on stage!" A deep voice bellows from behind you.

"Awwww but Hyung, I was serving this beautiful lady~" Zelo whines at the older male.

"C'mon flirt, stop annoying her." He motions towards the DJ box.

Zelo wipes his hands on his apron and throws it at the other boy.

"Fine. I'll dedicate a song to you then Miss," he winks before disappearing into the crowd.

"Alrighty. How may I help you?" You watch the young man duck under the opening of the counter.

His name tag on his black long sleeved top is Daehyun.

"What's the weakest drink that you have?"

"Weakest? Do you want water?" Daehyun teases.

"Haha. No, not water. I mean something alcoholic."

"Okay I got it," he flashes a grin. "So what's your name, sweetheart?"

"So Eun. What about you?" You ask instinctively despite already knowing.

He points to his nametag and smiles, "Daehyun."

"Nice to meet you, Daehyun-ssi."

I never realised how talkative I can be around strangers. It's the club, it's making me behave weirdly.

He ducks under the bench for a bit before coming back up with a mixer and different bottles of alcoholic concoctions.

"Ditto. So who are you here with? I've never seen you around before," he muses whilst pouring liquids into the mixer.

"Ummm Kai?" You purse your lips in confusion.

Is it Kai or Jong In when I'm talking to others?

"Oh?" Daehyun halts his mixing and looks at you.

Why is he scrutinizing me?

You self-consciously wipe at the places around your lips.

"Why... are you looking at me like that?" You ask defensively.

The male bartender lifts his gaze and smiles apologetically. "Nothing," he smoothly lies and resumes making your drink.

Daehyun steals glances at you every so often as he pours your drink into a glass. "Okay. This is yours So Eun-ssi." He slides the glass forwards.

You grab the glass and tentatively look at it.

"Take a sip. I didn't poison it," he his bottom lip.

Everyone says not to drink or take things offered to you in a club... but I'm super thirsty right now!

"What's it called?" You ask before sniffing the glass as you bring it to your lips.

"Red ," he playfully smiles before walking to the other customers at the bar.

Wait, what?-

"Wait, I haven't paid yet!" You call after the boy.

"Kai can pay for it!" He shouts over the music.

"I can pay for myself..." you trail off at the end of your sentence seeing as the bartender couldn't hear you anymore.

You look back at the drink and take a cautious sip. The alcoholic concoction isn't as dominated by vodka as you thought it would be. Surprisingly, it's sweet but got a slight burning sensation as it travels down your oseophagus. You pout at the pleasantness of the beverage and recall its name for future references.

Red . What an awkward name to ask for.

You take a few more generous gulps from the drink and bop to the heavy bass of the song before it suddenly cuts out. You tip your head at the sound of dancers groaning and swivel around on the chair.

"Holla clubbers! I'd like to dedicate this song to a ravish Young Miss in red!" Zelo announces through the mic.

You blush despite no one turning their attention to you. If it weren't for the dark atmosphere of the club people probably would be able to see your flushed cheeks. You place the drink back on the counter and pat your flaming cheeks.

It's the alcohol and the club. You try to deny the embarrassment creeping onto your cheeks.

"I can’t believe it, it’s really perfect.
I am breathless, it’s not fair

Your eyes, your lips, you’re everything really left me shook up.
Like a fool, I lost myself to her unforgettable first impression.
It’s like my heart is broken (malfunctioning).

My love is on fire,
My heart beats thump thump (and beats),
Please save me (You’re my girl).

Help me, help me, help me.
My breath quickens when I see you.
Help me, help me, help me.
When I see you my eyes get dazzled,
My heart thumps thumps and looks for you.
Where are you? I’m waiting for you."

Almost as if on cue, the crowd erupts into a cheering frenzy and applaud Zelo and his rap performance. You find yourself smiling at the young boy.

"Alright, here's the song I cut off before for you party animals!" Zelo grins as he takes off his blue Matoki headphones.

You watch as the tall kid disappears into the sea of exicted party goers and you stand up to meet up with him. You see his head above the others and weave through the grinding bodies. You're about to lift your hand to wave at Zelo when it accidentally someone's chest.

"Sorry!" You shout at the person before stretching your neck to find the blonde haired rapper.

Where is he?

"No need to be," a deep voice purrs in your ear.

What happens next catches you completely off guard. The hand belonging to the voice snakes out to pull your hand back to the voice's body as the voice's other hand wraps around your waist.

"What are you doing?!" You jolt away from the boy's grasp.

You glare at the tall medium built male as he raises an eyebrow at you. You rip your hand away from his and send him intimidating vibes.

"Where are you rushing off to, Baby? I'm right here," the brat proudly announces.

He spreads his arms out and sleazily rests them on the shoulders of 2 girls rubbing their bodies against him.

Urgh. Do they have no sense of pride?

You respond to his rhetorical question with a disgusted grimace.

"Oh, oppa! Look Infinite oppas are here!" One of the girls gasps as she points at the entrance.

Infinite?! You know exactly who she is referring to.

Immediately, you spin around to judge the accuracy of the girl's statement. You feel a wave of excitement surge through you. Elation, anxiety, shock, and surprisingly disappointment.

Oh my gosh. Oppas are here!! How did they know I am here? Are they going to take me home?

You see the 7 familiar handsome faces stroll through the entrance and panic rises up from your feet to your head.

I need to find EXO before Infinite do!

You escape through a gap on the left and attempt to head straight - to the stairs which would lead you upstairs to the 12 boys. The group of people dancing suddenly shift to the left accordingly to the lyrics of the song blasting through the club.

"Wait-" you grunt.

Okay. I'll just wait until they shift back to the right.

You awkwardly stand still waiting for the shift in the middle of the dancing people. But it doesn't come. You try to jump up to see the stairs but there are none in front of you. You orientate yourself more to the left and search for the stairs. You jump once more and see the stairs but as you land back on the ground your left foot slides.

Agshhdbejejnn!

You slip backwards and land against a strong back.

OMG THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING!

"Gahhh! I'm so sorry! I lost my footing!" You turn to the figure and bow your head in shame.

"So Eunnie- I mean So Eun-ssi!! You sure are a wild one on the dance floor," a familiar high pitched voice giggles.

Is Chen giggling?!

"Oh, it's you." You flatly reply.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Are you drunk?" You retort.

"Hey look! It's your cousin," Chen giggles as he squints at the sight behind you.

"We need to leave. Now." You grunt as you tow the noona slayer off the dance floor.

"Why?!"

"Cos maybe my cousin and his friends will put up a fight to get me back." You state in your low dumb voice.

I don't want to cause no trouble. Not now and not ever.

"They know they can't. They wouldn't be able to start a fight because this is neutral turf. No fights or else the guys who run this joint will ban you!" Chen explains seriously despite being in a giggly-alcohol induced state.

You throw your hands into the air frustratingly as more bodies block your path. Chen laughs before placing himself in front of you and leading the way.

Clearly this one is a giggly drunk.

"Kai's up there," Chen points diagonally up.

As if he heard Chen, Jong In looks down at the 2 of you and tilts his head to the side.

"Gotta go buddy," Chen points his thumb at Infinite.

"I'm going to round up the others so go with Kai and we'll meet up in the car," Chen instructs.

"You're going?"

"Awww don't be sad babycakes! We'll be reunited soon!" Chen blows a kiss before blending into the moving bodies.

You gulp and try to find Jong In on the second floor.

He was there a minute ago!

A hand suddenly tugs you from behind and you hope to be greeted with a familiar annoying smirk. Instead it's the filthy guy from before.

"What do you want?! Leave me alone already! Don't you see the other girls desperate for a piece of you?" You try to distance yourself from him, and keep an eye out for Jong In and Infinite.

"But I don't want them!"

"Well I don't want you!" You shriek.

What does this creep want?!

You spot Sungjong walking towards the dance floor and quickly turn around and walk away as fast as you can.

"Stop playing hard to get already will you?" The boy's tone begins to sound agitated.

His hand grasps onto your right wrist like a vice and you try to rip your hand away.

"Let go already!" You scream at the douchebag.

His eyes widen and he raises his hands up in a surrendering manner.

That's right asswank. Back away from me.

"Alright, alright I'm leaving! Not picking a fight!" He shoots an icy glare before retreating back into the thick of the dance floor.

Your mood changes to a happier one in a flash due to the triumphant defeat of the weirdo.

"Okay so where are you Kim Jong Innie?~" you hum as you scan for the brunetted boy.

There's a tap on your left shoulder and you feel your blood boil.

What does that fricking jerk want?!

"What do you fricking want- oh Jong In-ssi!" You exclaim.

"You called?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, we need to go! Oppa's here!" You urgently shout.

He nods, holds your wrist in the same spot as the jerk from before - but his grip is less aggressive - and leads you somewhere.

"So who was that?" Kai asks.
__________________________________________________________________________

Okay so I've honestly tried my best to write a longer chapter seeing as my updates are so irregular.

Thanks once again to ALL readers, subscribers and upvoters! You make writing chapters so much more fun and enjoyable! I actually do spend any free time I have writing these chapters (even on jam packed trains!! haha)