Last Section = Worst Thing Ever!

Being Held Captive By Kim Jong In

 

PARK SO EUN:

You stare at the wall clock and watch the second hand move around and around.

 

Okay, when the minute hand reaches the 5 then I'll ask!

 

By the time the minute hand had passed the 5 and was approaching the 6, you still have not worked up the courage to ask.

 

Oh my goodness! JUST ASK! IN 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.7, 1.4, 1.3, 1.1, 1, 0.8, 0.5, 0.4, 0.2, 0.1, 0.09- OH MY GOSH! JUST IT UP PRINCESS! NOW!

 

"If I don't achieve the cut-off mark, do I-"

 

"Let's not say or think about that shall we?" Mr Wu butts in.

 

But I'm being realistic here.

 

"I think you may be able to." He smiles at you.

 

You sigh and turn back to the laptop screen and mentally prepare yourself for the final test.

 

3, 2, 1- NOW!

 

You stare at the screen and read through the long and tedious passages about historical events and other things people don't discuss over coffee. You try your best to answer them which results in guessing half the time.

DNA? What is this section?

 

You are so focused on this test that you have unconsciously moved so close to the screen that one would think you were trying to decipher some tiny code.

 

Let's see how much time I have left... 13 SECONDS LEFT?! SHOOT! I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!

 

You skim over the last two questions and quickly lock in two answers. As soon as you put in the last answer, the screen suddenly switches to a different page which informs you that your test has been auto-submitted and that you have successfully finished the whole exam.

 

THAT WAS BY FAR THE WORST SECTION OF THE EXAM. NO SCRAP THAT. THE WORST EXAM I HAVE EVER DONE! WHAT WAS THAT!? There was a bit of Science, History and Geography. It was probably the section where the school decided to chuck in their favourite questions or something.

 

"You seemed stressed out in this final section." Mr Wu states.

 

"Nae. The section was so... versatile in topics?" You stare back blankly.

 

"Yes, these were the questions which we thought were the hardest of last year's exam for our third years."

 

WHAT?!

 

"You mean those are ACTUAL exam questions?!" You raise your voice.

 

"Yes." He nods.

 

"Oh my gosh. I've definitely failed this exam then." You mutter under your breath.

 

"Do you need a break?"

 

"Do you need some time to get my results?"

 

"Nope, I've got them right in front of me."

 

You are in the middle of stretching and with that final sentence, you freeze.

 

"Really?"

 

"I kid you not."

 

You squint at the computer on Headmaster Wu's desk and retract your arms.

 

"Come over here and we'll discuss how you fared." Mr Wu requests.

 

Discuss? Why do we need to discuss? Unless I went REALLY badly so now we need to 'discuss' my options.

 

You gulp and uncertainly walk over to his desk. You clasp you hands together in front of you and stand.

 

"Do I need to sit down for this?" You croak.

 

"Oh that depends. I think you should though." He says.

 

He thinks I should sit down?! Does that mean I did really poorly? Am I going to be shocked to the point where my knees may buckle from under me?

 

"Come now. No need to be so melodramatic." Mr Wu insists.

 

You sit down with a thump. "I'm not being dramatic."

 

"So Eun. I think standing there completely pale as a ghost with your eyes and mouth wide open, hands clenched together and a posture as stiff as a bamboo stick pretty much reeks melodramatic." He smiles at you.

 

I was doing all that?

 

Humiliatingly, you brace yourself for the bad news. You stare at Mr Wu for what seems like forever and he just stares back. You blink, he blinks. You raise an eyebrow and he does the same.

 

... is he mocking me?
_________________________________________

Awww, Jong In hasn't been in the recent chapters so here he is:

tumblr_mgljq0vFmi1qd3xz3o1_500.gif