Results! (Last chapter of the surprise exam arc)

Being Held Captive By Kim Jong In

 

PARK SO EUN:

"Have a look for yourself." He swivels the computer screen around for you to assess.

Section 1: 88%, Section 2: 98% and Section 3: 92%.

You sit there in awe. You couldn't care less about your facial expression right now so you just stare at the screen with your mouth hanging open.

...WHAT THE FUDGE!?! I GUESSED MOST OF IT HAHAHAHA! Today must be my lucky day! I'm usually a horrible guesser!!! Thank God, it was all multiple choice or else I would have been totally screwed! BAHAHAHAHA!

You blink a few times and re-read your scores.

"Are you satisfied So Eun?"

"Y-yes! Of course I am! But how'd I go in terms of the cut-off mark?"

"Well you're overall score, average score, is a solid 93%. As I said, there's room for improvement..."

93%?!?!!?!?!? I was expecting an average of like 70-80% when I'd completed the test! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS!!!!!! MUAAAAAA!!!!!! <3

You snap out of your day dream and look straight at Mr Wu.

Wait. What's with the trailing off? Did I not make the cut-off?!

"No need to be so alarmed! I'll make this short and simple. Congratulations, you made the cut-off for a scholarship, well done!" He grins at you widely.

ASDFVDFSABSDFOBNSETNKLAEDGNPIAOLKNEAFIPOEHRAENFAKLFNVAOEN?!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

"OMG! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ARE YOU FOR REAL?! WHAT?! NO WAYYYYYYYYYY! " You ecstatically yelp.

"Yes, I am utterly serious."

You sit there laughing, cackling might be a better description, like a mad woman and clasp your hands together. You're smiling so widely that you're cheeks are beginning to hurt but you can't stop smiling.

THIS. IS. DAEBAK. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WHAT OF IT!?

"I'm glad you're stoked." He smiles at you proudly.

I can't fricking believe it!! This MUST be my lucky day!

"So when do you want to start?" Mr Wu smiles.

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I'm probably already behind in work.

"When can I start?" You squeal back a bit too giddy.

"How about now?"

WHAT? Nonononono! I haven't mentally prepared myself for a new environment and new friends and new teachers and new... EVERYTHING!

"So Eun?" Mr Wu disrupts your thoughts for the umpteenth time.

"Nae?" You look up apologetically.

"Are you willing to start now?" He repeats.

Perhaps I do have some sort of hearing problem or something. People keep having to repeat things for me.

"I guess." You boldly accept the challenge.

I may as well get it over and done with. If I do it today, I basically have a gist on what the people are like and if they're the same as kids from Woolim. Plus it's Friday so I can recover from any mortifications over the weekend.

"Excellent." He beams.

"Wait, what about my textbooks?"

"Oh no need to worry about that." He laughs.

But dude! That doesn't answer my question!

"You should get going then So Eun!" Mr Wu exclaims excitedly.

"Oh, nae. Thank you since much for your time and consideration Headmaster Wu!" You beam back while bowing deeply again.

You stand up and are about to reach for the handle. "Actually, what is my ranking?" You question him curiously.

"Eleventh." He responds.

You stare back silently stunned. You walk out quietly and shut the door.

Eleventh...

"Thank you very much Ms Song." You absentmindedly bow at the young receptionist.

Eleventh. Eleventh out of what? The class? The cohort?

You walk out robotically.

OMG! I AM ELEVENTH!! Wait, according to Headmaster Wu everyone is placed according to ranking so that means I'm eleventh overall in the year level AND in my class. I wonder how many people are in my class?

You exit the office disorientated and are about to turn left when you hear a forced cough to your right.

Someone needs cough lollies~
_______________________________________

As mentioned in the title, this is indeed the last chapter to the gruelling Exam arc. So long Headmaster Wu! (: He may or may not make future appearances ;)