Vulnerability and Apologies.

Being Held Captive By Kim Jong In

 

KIM JONG IN:

The two of you walk down the large, extravagant halls of SM Academy once So Eun has managed to recover from her laugh workout. She takes light, anxious steps beside you and wearily glances into the classrooms.

She looks relieved whenever we pass empty classrooms and so tense whenever we pass ones with classes. I've never seen her so self-conscious before...

You toss the thing you've been concealing on to her head. You watch as the item bounces off of So Eun's head and slides down the side of her face.

What a hollow head indeed.

She looks up at you quizzically as you pretend to admire the decadently decorated ceilings which are just cream coloured.

"What are these?" So Eun asks as she picks up the object.

"Open them."

You watch from the corners of your eyes as she opens up the wrapping to unveil a pale blue shirt. She holds up the shirt against her chest and looks down.

Perfect fit.

"Perfect fit." She says.

You look at her and she responds by tilting her head to the side.

"Is this for me?"

"Yep, go put it on."

"Now?"

"Nu-duhh." You roll your eyes.

"Where?"

"Right here, right now." You smirk.

"Where's the nearest bathroom?" So Eun lightly punches your chest.

You point a thumb behind you and she looks over her shoulder.

"Oh, nae. I'll be out in a jiffy." She bounces off.

"You better or I'm coming in."

You fold your arms across your chest and lean on the wall. You suddenly feel a vibration coming from your right pocket. You take out your phone and read the text message:

What's taking so long??? Have you apologised yet???
D.O hyung.

! I forgot to apologise! I'll say it once she comes out. I got caught up with her again.

You're about to hit the reply button when So Eun comes out of the bathroom. You raise an eyebrow at her expectantly and she opens up her blazer so you can see the shirt.

"It really is a perfect fit." She admires.

"Of course it is, I'm always right." You make sure to emphasise the word 'always'.

"So where are you taking me now?"

"To class? Unless you wanted to do something else."

"Nope, class sounds good." She replies.

"You sure you don't want a private school tour?" You waggle your eyebrows.

"Oh puh-lease." So Eun pushes your arm.

"Ow!" You rub the spot she assaulted and pretend to be injured.

"Oh, harden up will ya?" She begins to walk in the opposite direction to class.

You shake your head, "Class is the other way."

If she got a scholarship then that means she's in the Gold class.

So Eun does a 180 and marches right past you. You chuckle at her eagerness to get away from you and lead her to the classroom.

Pabo.

"Kris sunbae didn't take me past all these classrooms before." She glances apprehensively to the sides.

"Probably because he didn't want to make a scene."

"What 'scene'? Why does everyone keep saying that?"

"Well, we don't get many new comers and when we do... everyone makes a commotion out of it." You explain.

"Then why are you taking me this way?" She challenges.

"Because I want to." You smirk.

"Because I want to." She mimics.

So childish. Tsk, just like a choding.

"We're almost there." You say.

"We're almos- nae?"

"It's the second classroom on the left," You point, "Do you see it?"

"Nae, ughh." She whimpers.

I have never seen you so vulnerable before.

"Yah, what's up with you?" You ask.

"What if they don't like me?" So Eun whispers so softly that you could only just make out what she had said.

You're worried about people not liking you? Pfft, that's HIGHLY unlikely with this bunch.

"Trust me, that won't happen." You assure her.

As the two of you draw near the classroom, you stop and turn to her.

Here goes nothing. D.O hyung, you owe me!

"I'm sorry about before..." You apologise.

Gah, this is so awkward. I don't think she even cares about before anymore.

"What about before?" So Eun her head to the side.

Do I really have to say it?

"Umm... when we were out in the courtyard... before..." You try to explain.

"What about it?" So Eun tests.

Argh! You really want me to say it!? Fine!

"I'm sorry about being insensitive about your position and feelings!" You mutter under your breath.

"Okay." She responds.

Okay? OKAY?! I bring myself to apologise for the first time since... forever and all you can say is 'okay'??

You just look at her speechless.

"Potassium. Kay. Kk." So Eun articulates.

"OKAY. I get it." You reply.

I think that means she's accepted my apology?

"So we going in or what?" She timidly points at the door.

"Yep," You reach for the door handle but stop yourself. "After I do this~" You flick the spot above the gap, between her eyes.                   

"Owww! What was that for?!" So Eun shouts as she rubs the pink spot on her forehead.

"Payback. From before~" You smirk and enter the classroom.
________________________________________________

tumblr_mgql42IHxP1ry2bv4o1_500.gif