Ask Her for Lunch

Forget how to Smile

“Hello,” Kyuhyun picked up his phone.  An international call from unknown number.  He wondered although he could think of one possibility, Shim Changmin.

“Hello my love, it me,” Changmin said in aegyo.

“Shut up Shim!  You made me crazy, your parents and your secretary came almost everyday asking me about you.  Where on earth are you?” Kyuhyun annoyed.

“Miss you too,” Changmin answered giggling.  “I’m safe, don’t tell them anything about me.  How’s my secretary doing?  He didn’t ruin the company, did he?” he asked.

“He’s a good worker, unlike his boss,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.  “Anyway, I need your advice.  I’ve been called you hundred times this past week, not even once reached you.”

“Call me to this number, secret,” Changmin replied.

“Ok.  I want make a girl mine,” Kyuhyun said his desire.

“Woooow!  Send my best for her, we should meet sometime,” Changmin said in joy.

“So what should I do?” Kyuhyun ignored his respond.

“Ask her to have lunch or dinner,” Changmin said.

“I don’t think she will agree,” Kyuhyun stated.

“Then just bring her lunch if she said no,” Changmin gave solution.

“Ok, thanks.  I gotta go then,” Kyuhyun hang up the phone.  His phone has been ringing all the way to Taeyeon’s florist, from Changmin but Kyuhyun decided to ignore it.  He knew Changmin just wanted to .

It was a week after the incident, Taeyeon has came back to her daily activities.  Kyuhyun decided to see Taeyeon that’s why about a half hour later he arrived at the florist, Taeyeon seemed surprised when he went in.

“Hello Taeyeon ssi.  Sorry if I bother you,” he said.

“Hi, you don’t bother me.  Is that something I could help?  Do you need flowers?” she asked.

I want to see your smile, Kyuhyun thought to himself.  “Not really.  Hmm but I think a flower wouldn’t hurt.  Can you tell me what flower a girl would like?” he asked.

“What kind of girl?  It depends,” she answered.

“Well, I don’t really know.  What flower do you like?”

Teayeon walked and take a beautiful white rose, “I like white rose more than the red one,” she showed Kyuhyun the flower.

“Ok, I’ll take one,” he smiled.  Taeyeon made the flower as pretty as possible, “here you go,” she gave him the flower.

“Thanks.  Anyway, do you know a nice restaurant in this area?” he asked again.

“Well, there’s an Italian restaurant in the end of this street if you like,” she answered expressionless.

“Is Italian good?”

“I guess so, a lot of people say it’s famous.”

“How about you?”

“I prefer eat ddokbokki than Italian food.  My taste isn’t that romantic,” she said.

“Okay then, I see there’s a ddokbokki’s seller across the street.  Would you like to join me?” he asked.

Taeyeon gasped, “I’m sorry Kyuhyun ssi, I don’t feel like eating,” she said.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, “Taeyeon ssi, do you love him that much?” he pointed her wounded wrist.

“I hate myself this much,” she said expressionless.  Kyuhyun gulped for her answer.

“Taeyeon ssi, I heard from Seo that you aren’t as sociable as you used to be.  Let’s have lunch together, forget your sorrow for a while,” he insisted.

Taeyeon looked at him still without expression then said, “Please Kyuhyun ssi, please… don’t pity me, if it’s because of my ruined wedding day, you don’t have to be so nice to me.”

“I don’t—“ Kyuhyun lost his words.

“Please go,” Taeyeon asked with nearly teary eyes.  Kyuhyun went outside after handing the white rose to Taeyeon, when he looked back at the florist he could see Taeyeon’s crying.