Somewhere between Friendship and Loveship

Forget how to Smile

“Taeyeon ssi?” Kyuhyun asked the woman in front of him.

“Good morning, Kyuhyun ssi.  Are you feeling better?” Taeyeon asked him again.

“Better, never better,” Kyuhyun answered, his eyes fixed on Taeyeon, surprised.

“I thought you won’t wake anytime sooner, I was going to go.  I’ve made you breakfast, I made the rice a little smother than usual for you.  I’m sorry if I disturbed you,” she explained.

“Eh, no—nothing, you didn’t disturb me.  Thanks for making breakfast,” he stuttered, he sat around the table and looked at her in awe.

Taeyeon find herself blushing under his gaze.  “This morning I called Seohyun to ask about your condition but she asked me to come instead.  She said there might be no one to help you in the morning,” she said.

“Ah Seobaby!  How’s she? Is she okay?” he asked.  He’s worried his sister was still mad to him.

“ She’s okay, why?” Taeyeon asked back.

“Last night she looked sad and I so she was angry.  She’s not angry anymore, isn’t she?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Well, I’m pretty sure she’s not.  She’s kind of smiling a lot when I came,” Taeyeon blushed.  She knew that Seohyun was teasing her this morning for really came as she asked.

“So you did come,” Kyuhyun said as if he could read her mind.

Taeyeon gasped, “Well, I’m free so….” She smiled.  “Anyway, please enjoy your brunch,” she gave him the rice.

“Thanks,” Kyuhyun smiled.  “Want to have brunch together?” he asked.  Taeyeon shook her head but she sat across to him.

“So you just live with Seohyun?” she’s curious.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Our parents are handling overseas business, and I’ve been managing business in Korea for 2 years now.”

“It’s must be very lonely,” she remarked.  “When you catch a cold like this, there’s only your sister to help you,” she said.

Kyuhyun chuckled, “not really, there’re several workers in this house and we’re close, and there’s you,” he grinned.  “Oh, not to mention actually my friend is here to take care of me, but he’s not even wake right now,” he grumbled.

“I’m wake I’m wake!!” suddenly they heard a yell in teasing tone.

“It’s not like you need me anyway,” they heard him again.  Kyuhyun shook his head, didn’t bother to look at his back to see the man.

“That’s my friend, Taeyeon s—“ he lost his words seeing Taeyeon already stood from her original position and her expression was….. unexplainable.

“Taeyeon ssi, what’s wrong?” he asked.  He saw she was staring to the door way.  He turned his head and found Changmin also staring to her.

“Kim Taeyeon ssi,” Changmin said in disbelief.  Taeyeon said nothing.

Kyuhyun saw them in confusion.

“What are you doing here?” she finally opened .

Changmin looked at Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun looked back with a big question mark in his eyes.  Kyuhyun was as quick as ever, he could think of one possibility but he was still holding onto his hope that it’s not like what he thought.

Taeyeon also looked at Kyuhyun, “So this is why you’re acting so nice?” she retorted.

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say.

“Because you’re sorry for what your friend has done to me?” she emphasized the words your friend.

“That’s not it—“Kyuhyun felt really dizzy.  His cold wasn’t helping at all.

“Yeah, that’s not like your thought,” Changmin said.

“Thanks for your kindness all this time, now please excuse me,” Taeyeon walked out the room.

“Taeyeon ssi!!” Kyuhyun called her, he stood but stumbled because of the dizziness.  Changmin caught him before he hit the floor.  Kyuhyun hit Changmin’s hand and tried to catch Taeyeon.   He saw her walked out the house.  He breathed hard, holding onto the front door.

“Kyuhyun….” He heard Changmin called him softly.  He pretended not to hear.

“Kyu…” Changmin called him again.

Finally Kyuhyun turned his head and looked into Changmin’s eyes.  “I’m sorry,” he heard Changmin said.

He walked slowly to Changmin, gripping his fist.  “Let me,” he said while throwing his punch to his bestfriend but he’s weak because of the cold and the confusion.  He stumbled down after his fist managed to touch Changmin’s face.  Changmin held him, he refused.

“I’m sorry,” Changmin said in weak voice.

Kyuhyun confused, he didn’t believe that his friend was the one who leave Taeyeon in their wedding day, no, he DIDN’T WANT to believe.

“She was your bride?” Kyuhyun asked rhetorically.

“She was,” Changmin refused to look into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

Kyuhyun stood and threw his punch again to Changmin.  Changmin did nothing, he received the punch yet the punch wasn’t strong enough to hurt him.

“GO!!” Kyuhyun yelled before collapsed.



I hope this story won't go into weird direction.. khekhe

Sorry if it's kind of boring.. *bow