Fate?

Forget how to Smile

It was a month after the night when Taeyeon met Changmin and Kyuhyun at Suho’s place.  And here she was again trying to wake Suho up.

“What is it, Noona?” Suho mumbled under a pillow.

“They asked us to help them for their outdoor activities,” Taeyeon kept trying to pull his blanket.

“I’m not interested!  You do it yourself!”

“They clearly said you should come, they wanted to thank you.”

“Then just let me alone!”

“This kid really!  Wake up won’t you!”

“I won’t!” he said stubbornly.

Taeyeon used his trump card, she lay next to Suho.  Suddenly Suho stood up from his bed, “What are you doing?”

“Waking you up?” Taeyeon beamed.

“Don’t ever lie next to me again!”

“Such a shy brother,” Taeyeon .

“Okay I’m up.  So what is it?  And do you have to tell me very early in the morning?” he furrowed his brows.

“The orphanage’s people asked us to join their Earth Days event,” Taeyeon told him once again, sitting in the edge of his bed.  Taeyeon was known for her kind-heart and had a particular orphanage she always helped, recently she dragged Suho to help her.

“I know, they texted me.”

“Yeah but they said you didn’t respond.”

“I’m planning to pretend never-get-the-texts”

“Childish.  Prepare yourself, tomorrow morning we’re going to fly there.”

“What are you?  My boss?”

“Your sister.”

Joonmyun a.k.a Suho gave in to his sister and the next day he was ready to follow his sister wherever she took him.  They were heading to the airport using taxi and took a flight at 11 am.  To show his protest, Suho was sleeping all the way and ignore his sister.  When they landed, Suho took their luggage and still had that annoyed look in his face.

They reached in the hotel at 1 pm.  They were somewhere in countryside where the orphanage’s located.  Suho said nothing until they reached their separated room, he went in to his room leaving Taeyeon without a word.

Suddenly Suho entered Taeyeon’s room, “they said we don’t need to come today.  They asked us to take our time and said to come tomorrow instead.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon smiled to him.  “Want to take a walk?”

“No, thanks.”

 

The next morning, Suho was still clearly annoyed and decided to stubbornly pretend to sleep when she tried to wake him up gaining a sigh from his sister.  She finally went to the venue by herself and texted his brother to come later.

When she arrived, both children and adults had started to move in group and planting the trees.  She greeted the chief of the orphanage.  She smiled sheepishly and was given a big hug as a thank you for her time here and instructed to just start with the other.

She walked to the instructed spot and met Jinyoung, a 7-y.o-boy who liked her so much.

Noona!  You came!” he exclaimed happily.  He’s digging a hole to put his shoot.

“Hello Younggie, sorry I’m late.  How’s your doing?”

“Fine, Noona.  Gwi hyung has been helping me from yesterday,” he grinned.

Gwi (ear) hyung?  What a strange name, she thought.  “Okay, I’ll help you,” Taeyeon offered when she saw he’s doing it alone.

“No problem, Noona.  Hyung will come soon, he’s taking his tools,” he refused politely and grinned.

Taeyeon smiled and started to dig his own hole next to him.  She was trying hard to do it when Jinyoung shouted happily, “Look noona!  My hyung’s coming!”

Taeyeon looked at the person and stunned.  She swore he looked like Cho Kyuhyun from head to toe although she never saw him dressed like a farmer before.  She looked at him awkwardly, waiting for the other to react.  But the latter acted indifferent.

Noona, this is my hyung, Gwi hyung,” Junsu introduced them.

“Hello there, I’m his hyung I guess,” he chuckled and extended his hand to her.

She took it, “I’m Taeyeon.”

“Nice name,” he smiled.  He started helping Jinyoung and acted like never met Taeyeon before.

It was lunch time when Suho came, he finally apologized to his sister for his act.  The chief asked them to have lunch together and then they were introduced to the representative of the main sponsor of the event, Cho's Group, that was none other than Cho Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun ssi, they are the other volunteers that just came today, Kim Taeyeon and Kim Joonmyun.  Taeyeon ssi, Joonmyun ssi, this is Cho Kyuhyun, he personally wanted to take an active part in this event.  But the children call him Gwi ssi because when he was introduced one of the children pointed out how big his ears was so they called him that,” she chuckled.

Taeyeon couldn’t believe that the person she saw earlier was really Kyuhyun, he didn’t saw any sign of recognition back then.

Hyung,  Nice to meet you here!”  Suho beamed.

“So you know each other?” the chief asked, smilling.

“Yeah, we’re buddies,” Suho smirked.

“Then, please excuse me,” the chief said and heading to the others guesses.

“Hi Suho, hello Taeyeon ssi, sorry I didn’t greet you properly before.  I didn’t want to create awkward atmosphere, not in front of the children,” he smiled sheepishly.

Taeyeon just nodded.  She walked away leaving the two boys alone.  Suho raised his eyebrows to Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun just shrugged.

Kyuhyun excused himself earlier that day because he had works to catch, he needed to take the night flight.  He came back to hotel and prepared himself.  When he walked rather hastily he bumped someone, he apologized awkwardly when he realized he bumped Taeyeon.

Hyung, are you okay?” Suho asked worriedly.

“I’m okay.  Sorry again,” Kyuhyun bowed and left them.

Taeyeon and Suho back to their rooms, minutes later Taeyeon busily looked for her phone and asked Suho called it.  They searched in her room, even in his room but they couldn’t find it.

“Maybe you drop it somewhere in this hotel, I’ll ask the receptionist,” Suho suggested.

“Please do, I’ll search here again,” Taeyeon said without even looked at him.

Suho hurriedly came to the ground level and asked the receptionist.  Luckily they had the phone, he checked the phone and nodded in satisfaction when saw Taeyeon and Joohyun the cat smiled from the LCD.  He brought the phone and gave it to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon frowned, “Suho, this isn’t mine,” she said.

“But—“

“Looked, there’s no missed call at all.  We’ve called it many times but there’s no notification.  Moreover, I never use this picture as wallpaper.”

“Don’t tell me—“ Suho stopped to take his phone and dialed certain number, and then the phone rang.

“It’s Kyuhyun hyung’s”



I promise to update everyday until this story finished from now on..

so please comment and subscribe!! khekhe.. :D