The Wedding Day

Forget how to Smile

“Changmin ah! How could you go abroad at this time?” Kyuhyun yelled at his friend over the phone.

“At what time?” Changmin’s giggles could be heard from the phone.

“Seohyun asked me to accompany her to her friend’s wedding,” Kyuhyun complained.

“Just go!” Changmin was still giggling.

“Ya!  How come you missed this chance? She could have asked you to go as her couple,” Kyuhyun friend.

“Wow, do you mean it?  Do you really can give your little sister to me?” Changmin back.

“Not to a playboy like you!” this time Kyuhyun giggled.

“You’ve not even dated once!” Changmin again.

Kyuhyun stuttered, “I- I- I found a girl yesterday,” he said.

“Wow… Who’s that girl who’s able to get Cho Kyuhyun’s heart?” Changmin said in awe.

“She’s gonna be married soon,” Kyuhyun said in dropped tone.

Daebak! This is the first time you fall in love, yet you fall for a wrong girl,” Changmin said in grinning tone.

“Stop this useless talk.  I’ve got to go now, tell me when you’re back,” Kyuhyun decided to stop the conversation.  Changmin laughed.

“But seriously, why did you leave your job behind and went on vacation?”

“I need to be as far as possible from Korea right now.  Hang up.”

Kyuhyun sighed, he didn’t like to go to formal event like this.  It’s boring, he thought.  If only Changmin were here, he could force him to go with Seohyun instead of him.  Moreover, today was the wedding’s day of his first crush.

“Seobaby, are you ready?” he stood in front of his sister room.

“Minutes, Oppa….” Seohyun yelled from the inside.  Not long Seohyun finally got out of her room, Kyuhyun looked at her proudly.

“Wow, look at my beautiful baby!  People can mistakenly think you’re the bride,” he said.

“Thanks, Oppa,” Seohyun kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek.

 

They reached the event venue, they sat in the available seats.  The time was near, but he still couldn’t see the groom.  He saw the bride before when Seohyun met her in the private room and his heart was beating crazily, he could see Taeyeon’s wearing her best smile.

The time passed, he sensed something’s wrong.  Seohyun asked him anxiously, “Oppa, is that possible that the groom won’t come?”

“Don’t say something outrageous like that,” Kyuhyun disagreed with her sister but he thought that’s possible.

“Wait here, I’m going to ask someone,” he ordered Seohyun to wait.  He went to the back and found a chaos.  It’s was a big chaos so no one noticed that Kyuhyun shouldn’t be there.

He saw Taeyeon cried.  She was crying her lungs out, the dazzling smile from before was disappeared.  Taeyeon’s expression made her hearth broke, “what’s wrong?” finally he asked one of the bridesmaids.

“The groom won’t come,” she said sub-consciously but then realized that Kyuhyun shouldn’t be there.  “I’m sorry sir, you shouldn’t be here,” she asked Kyuhyun to go.

What’s this?  It should be her happy day!  What kind of jerk dares to break her heart like this!?