Everything was Set-Up

Forget how to Smile

Taeyeon panicked knowing the phone was Kyuhyun’s.  She thought of the worst scenario; Kyuhyun took her phone with him.

“Suho, can you please try to call my phone once again?” she pleaded.

Suho dialed again but still no answer.  He tried to call Seohyun, hoping she could pass the message later when Kyuhyun reached home.  When Seohyun picked up, he turned the speaker on.

“Hello, Oppa!” Seohyun greeted him cheerfully.

“Hi Seo, could you please help me?”

“What’s wrong?”

“Hmmm… when Kyuhyun hyung arrived could you please asked him whether he took my sister’s phone by accident?”

“Your sister?  Taeyeon Unnie?” she asked surprised.

“Hello Seobaby, it’s Unnie.  I think your brother mistaken my phone with his own.  I have Kyuhyun ssi’s phone right here,” Taeyeon spoke.

“Well Unnie, I would like to help but my brother went directly to Japan from the hotel.”

“Japan?  When will he come back?”

“About a week, I guess.  Here’s we have Changmin Oppa became his proxy for about ten days.”

“Ah really?” Taeyeon sounded desperate.

“But I’ll tell him when he calls.  I think soon or later he will realize his phone’s missing.”

“Thanks, Seobaby.” And she cut the connection.

Suho patted his sister shoulder, “don’t worry.”

Hours later he went to his room, locked the door afraid his sister would come without warning and then dialed Changmin’s number.  He was directed to an international phone call.

“Hello hyung,” he greeted.

“Hi Suho, I’m just arrived.  How’s there?” the person in the line asked.

“The plan works, Kyuhyun hyung!” he beamed.

Kyuhyun laughed, “you’re sure fit Kyu-line.  What an evil brother!”

Actually everything was set-up, Kyuhyun’s group became the main sponsor was set-up, Suho told him earlier to take the project and came himself to the event.  Even when Kyuhyun met Taeyeon in his apartment was also Suho’s plan.  Well, it’s for his noona’s happiness.

“What are you going to do?” Suho smirked.

“I’m going on vacation, since I have nothing to do,” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Don’t forget to pretend calling me, okay?  Use the hotel’s phone,” Suho reminded him.

“Well okay, I’ll call you in 5 minutes.  Wait for my call.”

Five minutes later, Kyuhyun called Suho and Suho went to his sister room, put him on speaker.

“Suho-ah, I think I brought your sister’s phone with me.  Is my phone with you, by chance?”

“Glad you call, hyung!  We’ve been searching for it.  Yes, your phone’s here.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—“

“Yeah, no problem, you just need to come back immediately.  We called Seohyun but she said you’ll be there for a week, is that possible that you come back like… tomorrow?” Suho asked hesitantly.

“I’m afraid I can’t.  Could you do me a favor?  Can you come here instead?  I kind of need the phone very much,” Kyuhyun sounded rather calm.

Suho looked at his sister and mouthed the question, “can you?”  Taeyeon shook her head.

“Hmm.. I’ll think about it.  Can I contact you to this number?”

“Okay, it’s my room’s number.”

The connection was cut.  Suho eyed his sister hoping she changed her mind.

Noona, I should come back to Seoul and would be very busy helping dad.  Can you go instead?” he insisted his sister.  “You can take a short break and go on vacation,” he added.

Taeyeon thought about the idea.  It’s not that she hated Kyuhyun or something, but their relationship was kind of awkward.  But after a while she agreed, she needed his phone and went on vacation in Japan wasn’t a bad idea.

“Okay.”

Suho tried to hide his grin and texted Kyuhyun in secret; She agreed.

Kyuhyun in other side informed Changmin after received the text.  Changmin went directly to Japan and stayed for a day then went home taking his phone; they tried to reduce the risk being caught.

The afternoon after Changmin left Japan, Taeyeon landed his feet on Japan’s airport.  Kyuhyun was waiting, he was informed by Suho about her arrival.

“Kyuhyun ssi, how could you know I’m arrived?” she asked politely.

“Suho called me,” he smiled sheepishly.  “Let me give you a ride,” he offered.

“Ah no need, thanks.  Here’s your phone,” she took it from his bag.

Kyuhyun stood a bit awkward in airport with Taeyeon giving his phone while he didn’t bring her phone.  He didn’t plan to just meet, exchange the phone, and then part.

“Sorry, Taeyeon ssi, but I didn’t bring your phone.  I forgot, I left it in the hotel.  So if you don’t mind, I’ll take you there, maybe you could also check in there, Suho told me you’re going to spend several days here,” he said while rubbing his nape.

Taeyeon gave him an unreadable look, “Okay,” she said coldly.

Kyuhyun was driving Taeyeon to the hotel with a secret smirk plastered on his face.  “I’m hungry, want to have lunch with me?” he asked.

“Do whatever you want.”
Kyuhyun let a laugh escaped his mouth, “I’m sorry I made you came all the way here, so it’s my treat.”

They went to a small nice restaurant called Bento Paradise, Kyuhyun hold his smirked, and he wanted to bring back memories when they shared the lunch boxes of love, because this restaurant served the food with a box container a bit similar with the one he usually used.

 He had come beforehand and asked the waiter to give them similar color of bento box with the ones they usually had.  When they sat, Kyuhyun casually asked her what she would like to order and when they finished ordering he sent a meaningful smirk to the waiter.

They sat outside, their spot was surrounded by many flowers in flower pots, and it was also one of his set up.  Although the other spots also had many flowers but their spot oddly nearly looked like the veranda of Taeyeon’s florist.

Finally the food arrived, when they were eating a cat appeared and Kyuhyun suddenly beamed at the cat.  “What a cute cat!!  Moshi moshi neko-chan!!” he lifted up the cat and put it on his lap.

He acted like not realizing that Taeyeon was sitting in front of him and naturally brought the atmosphere like when they were in Taeyeon’s florist.  He gave a little food to the cat and took his phone, captured it on the camera, and sent a teasing message to his sister.  Subconsciously a smile appeared in Taeyeon face, felt like home, she was put his elbow on the table and table and his head on it, watching him playing with the cat.

When Taeyeon let a small chuckle out of , Kyuhyun pretended as he finally realized the real situation.  He put an apologetic face, “sorry, it’s must be inconvenient.”

Taeyeon cleared nervously and managed to put her pocerface back, “it’s okay.”

Kyuhyun looked worried but inside he smiled ear to ear.