Kyuhyun’s Revenge

Forget how to Smile

It was a nice lovely Sunday when Kyuhyun, Seohyun, and Changmin sat in the living room together and did their hobbies.  Kyuhyun was busily playing games in his laptop, Changmin was eating his snacks, and Seohyun was just watching TV, not in the mood to read or go outside.

Although Seohyun was avoiding every news about her ex-boyfriend but this news caught her attention.  The two boys also saw the news.

“An unfortunate event just happened to TRAX’s Jay last night.  He suddenly was attacked by random guys, it still wasn’t clear about the number of attackers.  It made his face black and blue, and he also experienced some severe but not live threatening injuries.  Due to this incident, the TRAX’s LIVE TOURs should be postponed. …..”

“Where were you last night?” Changmin whispered to Kyuhyun, a wide grin was plastered in his face.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow, acting innocent.  Changmin groaned, “you should asked me to join,” he said.

“If you were coming, he would be dead.  I’m sure he couldn’t handle the two of us,” Kyuhyun grinned.  Changmin nodded in agreement and smirked.

Seohyun suddenly asked them, “you don’t have any connection to this incident, do you?” she’s suspicious.

“Why would we?” Kyuhyun half-yelled innocently.

Seohyun sighed, honestly she was sure that it has something to do with her brother since this kind of incident ever happened before in the past.

Oppa, do you know about the party next weekend?” she changed the topic.

“No,” Kyuhyun simply answered, in fact he knew, he knew that every young master and lady from every big company in Korea always hold party once in three months, spending their parents’ money unnecessarily, he thought.  It’s not that he hated party (well, yes) but he preferred more private get together party, like drinking wine together just like he and his Kyu-line usually did.

“Oh come on, Oppa!  I know you do,” Seohyun smiled.

“Then why asked?” he shrugged.

“Come with me to the party!” she asked excitedly.

“Ask Changmin,” he focused on his game.

“Oh come on, Oppa!  You can meet many beautiful girls there, maybe one of them will catch your heart,” she smiled.

“Come on, come with us!  You never come after your first party,” Changmin joined the conversation.

“It’s boring,” he shrugged.  “And how can you attend a party, it’s not like you can go home and take your suits,” he referred it to Changmin.

“Lend me your cards,” Changmin smirked.

“I promised your father not to help you financially,” Kyuhyun stated.

“You already did anyway.  Lending me your cards wouldn’t hurt, would it?” Changmin smirked again.

“That’s different!  You worked for me so I paid you, just use the money,” Kyuhyun retorted.

“Okay then, I think it’s enough anyway,” Changmin sighed.  “Hei princess, want to go shopping with me?” he asked Seohyun.

“Sure, let’s go!  I have a list of books to buy” Shopping and books was like mood buster for Seohyun.  Kyuhyun shook his head.

Oppa, lend me your card,” Seohyun asked Kyuhyun.  “In the end, I lend my card,” Kyuhyun sighed.  Changmin smirked.

 

Sunday was always Kyuhyun’s gaming day.  He had no work to do, and he didn’t like going out that much, the only exception was when he came to Taeyeon’s florist.  He sighed in the memory or her, how much he wanted to approach her he couldn’t.  He didn’t want to offence her, if he thought about it he would also hate Changmin, but he couldn’t.  Ah how he wished his love life would be much easier.

He played his game until Changmin and Seohyun came back in the afternoon.  Seohyun seemed a bit annoyed when she came.

“What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun frowned.  “Didn’t get the books you want?”

“Where’s you phone?” she asked.

“Upstairs,” he simply said.

“Mom called you but couldn’t reach you so she called me,” she explained.  “She also called to the house,” she added.

“I didn’t hear it rang,” Kyuhyun felt guilty.

“Of course if you put that earphone on,” she retorted.

“Why no one picked it up?” he asked.

“Everyone went on picnic, remember?” she raised her eyebrows.

“Oh...” he gave a weak smile, “what did she say?”

“Mom asked whether you already had girlfriend or not, she want you to get married soon,” she said.

“Okay, I’ll call her,” Kyuhyun ran to his room and grabbed his phone and back to the living room.  He saw 5 missed called.

“At least it’s not one missed call or I’ll die,” Kyuhyun made joke of a famous horror movie.  Changmin shook his head.

“Call her now,” Seohyun ordered him.

Kyuhyun dialed his mother number, several seconds later his mother picked the phone.

“Where have you been?” his mother said slightly annoyed.

“Gaming,” he replied.  He could hear his mother sighed.

After several lines of usual greetings like how are you, how’s your work, etc etc finally his mother get to the point.

Honey, how could I never hear anything about your girlfriend?” she asked rhetorically.

“Because I don’t have one,” he said felt guilty.  He knew his mother want him to get married soon.  He saw Changmin looked at him worried.

“Do you still like Joohyun?” she sighed.

Kyuhyun cringed at the word Joohyun, it’d been a long time since his mother using Seohyun’s real name.

“No, don’t worry mom.  It’s nothing like that, I’m her brother and she has Changmin,” he chuckled. 

“I don’t want someone who's like SHIM CHANGMIN, I want someone who's like CHO KYUHYUN!” Joohyun a.k.a Seohyun yelled jokingly knowing his brother was talking about her.

Kyuhyun laughed nervously and said, “Really, don’t worry mom, it’s all in the past.”  Changmin looked at him in understanding and patted his back.