Message(s)

Forget how to Smile

“What are you doing here?” a cold voice greeted him.  Kyuhyun looked for the source of the voice and found that Taeyeon’s annoyed face looked at him.

“Hello Taeyeon ssi,” he carefully greeted her.  “Ehmm… did I do something wrong?”

“What are you doing here?” she asked once again, still in her cold tone.

“Send you a cake?” Kyuhyun forced a smile.  Taeyeon looked at the box he’s holding, her expression is unreadable.

“With that cold?” she sighed.  Kyuhyun finally understood the situation and smirked.

“Can’t help it, I want to eat cake with you,” he said.

“I don’t want to,” Taeyeon talked back in playful manner.  “Just put the cake and go back home so you can have a rest,” she said still in playful manner.

Kyuhyun looked down, he tried to look disappointed but suddenly he sneezed about 4 in a row made they burst in laughter.

“Please come and sit Kyuhyun ssi, I’ll make you a cup of hot chocolate,” Taeyeon offered.

“It would be nice,” Kyuhyun walked to the couch and sat.  Taeyeon excused herself to the back.

Minute later she backed with two cups of hot chocolate and handed him one, “hope it helps to warm up your cold,” she said.

“Thanks.”

Taeyeon sat in the same couch as Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun moved farther until he reached the couch’s edge.  “I’m sorry Taeyeon ssi but I think I should sit a bit far from you, in case this cold would infect you,” he grinned.

“You shouldn’t come here in the first place if you care,” she chuckled.  A smile crept into Kyuhyun’s face, he liked her smile and laugh a lot.

“I thought you would be waiting for me,” he replied cunningly.  Taeyeon blushed for his words.

“Anyway, please finish your drink as soon as possible and quickly go back home and rest,” she insisted.

“You wouldn’t let me to taste the cake, would you,” he whined.

Taeyeon chuckled once again, “then you could bring the cake with you,” she said.

“No way!  I bought it for you!” he pouted.

“Then, how about take a slice of it, or… two slices, take for your sister too,” she offered a deal.

Kyuhyun thought for a while and declined the idea since he knew it’s better for him not to bring anything home so no one would know that he has been out for a while.

“Are you sure?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m sure,” he grinned, he didn’t told his reason though.  He’s afraid Taeyeon would scold him.  And so he went home.

He arrived but no one was home yet (read: Seohyun and Changmin), so he decided to lie on the couch waiting for them.

It’s almost 8pm when finally they came, Seohyun seemed disappointed so Kyuhyun didn’t bother to ask about the result.

“There there Seobaby, don’t pout like that,” Kyuhyun patted his sister.

Oppaaaa!!” been as spoiled as ever in front of Kyuhyun, she finally cried then ran into his embrace.

“Don’t cry, it’s not like being an idol is your ultimate dream, right?”  Kyuhyun tried to calm down his sister.  She kept crying.  “And why on earth you suddenly interested to be an idol? It doesn’t suit you,” finally he couldn’t help not to tease Seohyun.

Seohyun lifted her head and pushed him away, “you’re indeed so mean, Oppa!” she half-yelled and ran into her room.  Kyuhyun looked lost.

“What’s with her?” he asked Changmin.

“You really have no idea?” Changmin raised his eyebrows.

“…. and you have?” Kyuhyun asked back, rolling his eyes.

“Sort of,” Changmin shrugged.  “Have you watched TV recently?” he asked Kyuhyun.

“News, yeah…” Kyuhyun simply replied.  Changmin looked at him with unreadable expression.  “What?” Kyuhyun asked innocently.

Changmin took out his phone and dealt with it before handing it to Kyuhyun, “have you seen this music video?”

Kyuhyun took his phone and saw the video, his eyes soon widened, “is that Seobaby?” he’s surprised.  He’s looking at the newest TRAX’s music video, O! My Goddess for the first time.  Seohyun was the female model for the MV.

Changmin nodded, “and I believe the vocalist is her boyfriend,” he said.

“So this is Jay?” Kyuhyun wasn’t sure.  He remembered Seohyun mentioned her boyfriend’s name before.

“Kim Youngdeok to be exact,” Changmin nodded.  “Sometimes I pity her for having an ignorant Oppa like you,” he added.

“She never told me about appearing in music video,” Kyuhyun shocked.

“That’s because she believed you wouldn’t appreciate it even if you knew,” Changmin retorted.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Kyuhyun frowned.

Changmin rolled his eyes, “Just like tonight you made fun of her dream being an idol,” he said.

“Oh…” Kyuhyun looked down.  “And why do you know about it?” he asked, suspicious.

“Well we talked, she told me she took the audition to become an idol just like her boyfriend,” Changmin answered.

“And why do you have the MV on your phone?” he asked again.

“I’m her biggest fan,” Changmin smirked.

“Oh my head,” Kyuhyun massaged his temple, “You! Playboy! Better stay away from my sister,” he retorted but Changmin knew his bestfriend didn’t mean it.

Kyuhyun decided to sent crying Seobaby a message before went to bed, he was quite sure she wouldn’t open her room’s door at least until tomorrow morning,

To SeobabySleep well, Seobaby… I’m sorry… T.T

there's no reply, he went sleep worrying his sister.

 

The next day he woke up by his beeping phone, there’s message.

From unknown numberHow’s your cold, Kyuhyun ssi?  I hope you feel better.

To unknown numberThanks, I’m better now.  Who’s this?

From unknown numberAh sorry my mistake, this is Kim Taeyeon.  I hope now you have your breakfast so you can take your medicine.

Kyuhyun suddenly sat in surprise, he never imagined Taeyeon would send him message since they never exchanged their number.

To Taeyeon ssi: Oh thanks for your concern ^^ I’m having my breakfast right now.   He lied.

He glanced at the time, it’s 10 am, sure Seobaby had gone to school but he didn’t know Changmin had had breakfast or not.  He jumped from his bed and heading to a closed room in which Changmin slept, he sure he’s still sleeping, he kicked the door, “Yah Shim! Wake up!! Let’s eat!” he yelled before went downstairs.

He walked into the kitchen, to his surprise he looked at someone familiar yet unbelievable to be in the place.  She’s busy setting the table.

Hearing someone went into the kitchen, she turned her head.

“Finally you woke up,” she greeted him.

“Taeyeon ssi?” Kyuhyun’s unsure with his eyes.



Hope you're not disappointed..

and yes, no drama, yet.. :D