Seo Joohyun

Forget how to Smile

-flashback-

A 7y.o Cho Kyuhyun looked annoyed by the people in front of him.  He and his father met with his soon-to-be-mom and her little daughter, Seo Joohyun 2y.o.  Kyuhyun didn’t like the idea of having new mom, he thought it’s enough for him having his dad by his side and nanny that took care of his daily needs.  He didn’t want to have a new mom, and of course new sister.  But in the end, his father married her.

He always bullied his little sister, and never once accepted her as his step sister.  Even when she’s finally being 1st grader and he was a 6th grader at the same school, he never showed his affection.

When Seo Joohyun who was turned into Cho Seohyun -following her current father’s name- was in 3rd grader she was nearly bullied by Kyuhyun’s classmate of 8th graders.

“I told my Oppa that you hurted me,” she said, crying.

“Like he would care,” the bullies laughed at her.

“Little girl, you just need to be my girlfriend and no one would hurt you in this school,” the one who was like the leader said.  Seohyun has been a beauty from her early days and although it seemed absurd many higher graders hit on her.

Changmin who has been Kyuhyun’s bestfriend and together they be the most powerful bullies at school saw the scene.  He called Kyuhyun and informed him, Kyuhyun who was usually cold at her, came immediately to the scene.

“Who said I wouldn’t care?” Kyuhyun said mockingly, followed by Changmin.

“What did you do to a little girl?  Especially Cho Kyuhyun’s little sister?” Changmin smirked.

“Look like we can release our tension a little here,” he added, he’s playing with his fist while Kyuhyun approached Seohyun.

“Are you okay?” he asked.  Seohyun cried and hugged him, Kyuhyun caressed her hair.  “Don’t cry, Oppa’s here.  Now wait here like a nice girl and Oppa will take care of them,” he said.

“Don’t fight, Oppa,” she sobbed.  Kyuhyun and Changmin looked at her.  “Don’t hurt them,” she added.

Kyuhyun laughed and stood.  He approached Changmin, tapped his shoulder and said, “Let’s do what she asked.”

He came back to Seohyun and carried the little girl.  It was the first affection ever he showed her, and she felt save of the presence of his Oppa.

 

When Seohyun finally a 7th grader, Kyuhyun felt that his care for his sister wasn’t just a care from a brother to a sister, and he knew for sure they weren’t blood related.  Changmin knew it, and he asked him to depress the feeling, it wouldn’t be good for his family.  Kyuhyun knew it, but she didn’t know it.

He tried to push his feeling for her, because he knew it’s wrong, moreover he knew that his bestfriend also had feeling for her.  But one day after somebody broke Seohyun’s heart he spoke to his mom, step mom.

“Mom, can I just be her boyfriend?  I won’t break her heart!” Kyuhyun talked to his mom desperately.

“Cho Kyuhyun!  What do you think you are doing?  She’s your sister!” his mom yelled.

“I know mom, I know!  But we’re not blood related!  And I can’t stand look at her breaking her heart!” he said with his teary eyes.  He didn’t mean to cry, it was the tears of anger.

“Cho Kyuhyun!  Come to your sense!” his mom explodes.

“Mom, I love her!”

“You love her as your sister!  Don’t be greedy, she’s your sister and you know it!  It’s just a love for sister!”

“No, it’s not!  It’s more than that!”

“Can’t you love your sister that much?”

“I can’t!” and Kyuhyun went out the house.  Changmin waited for him outside and gave him a look of sympathy.

“Changminnie, I can just entrust Seohyun to you, you get that?” Kyuhyun’s eyes looked fierce.  Changmin nodded and patted his back.

“Let’s go, let’s play!” Changmin said in forced cheerfulness.

 

When Kyuhyun went to college, he told his mom that he finally realized that he was just being an over-protective brother to Seohyun and he agreed to his mom that he’s being greedy about Seohyun.   But yet, he couldn’t find anyone compared to Seohyun until he met Taeyeon.



Ok ok, I'm sorry..

this is the last chap w/o Taeyeon? khekhe.. I hope..

enjoy~