Very Close Friends

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

Laila's POV

I slammed the door to the dressing room and found myself weakly falling to my knees. Seeing Taemin with that girl awoke every single jealous cell in my body. After taking a couple of calming breaths, I walked over to the mirror by the dresser, and began to apply make-up. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and Wooyoung's head popped in.

"Are you okay?" he asked curiously, "The manager wants to know why you looked sick all of a sudden." He stepped inside and stood by the door with his hands behind his back. Wooyoung and I weren't really close. Considering he almost sabotaged my life twice and all, something like that just seemed impossible. If it were to happen, it would take a really long time. Nevertheless, Wooyoung and I worked together and that had led our relationship to become more of an acquaintanceship.

"You saw him didn't you?" I asked with a small pout on my face. My shoulders slumped and my heart sunk into my chest. Wooyoung nodded, "I thought you guys had worked everything out. What happened?" I sighed dejectedly, "Life happened. Fate just didn't want us together. Everyday I get closer and closer to realizing this. Taemin and I had a very nice relationship while it lasted. Of course I still love him and feel very heart broken. But one day I will look back at this and it'll just be a memory."

He looked at me with his head at a slight angle, a confused frown fixed upon his face. Then he shrugged it off and it turned into an encouraging smile, "Well I know something that'll make that day come faster." Releasing his hands from behind his back, he revealed a bottle of whiskey and some shot glasses, "How about some strong shots!"

I laughed merrily at his attempt to cheer me up and stopped him before he poured me a drink, "That would be great but..." Wooyoung frowned in disappointment, "But?" I bit my lip in hesitation, "I shouldn't be drinking nowadays." He grimaced at me but realized I was being serious, "Alright. Suit yourself. I was just trying to help." As he poured himself more shots, I finished applying make-up. Before walking out to the stage, I wondered what was his reason. What did he want to forget?

The next weekend I found myself at the movie theater waiting for Minho. He had somehow convinced me that I had to go out and enjoy myself, and that he should be the one to cheer me up. I believed him; Minho was truly one of my closest confidants and if anyone could cheer me up it's him. I knew that he had feelings for me, feelings that I could possibly never reciprocate. But I still wanted to hang out with him and be around him. He would always make me smile no matter how crappy I was feeling. Sometimes I just smiled because he's just there.

I spotted him jogging up to me, a casual smile brightening his face. As he approached me, I noticed he wasn't wearing a disguise. Usually when celebrities go out they wear disguises to avoid the reporters and the paparazzi. Especially when they went out with someone else. If word gets out that Choi Minho of SHINee was seen at the movie theater with a girl...well, who knows what would happen?

"Hi!" he did a small wave with his hand as he stood before me. I looked up at his radiant face and spoke in a witty tone, "What? No disguise today?" His eyes grew bigger and his mouth formed a small "o" as he pulled out a black cap from the back pocket of his jeans. He fixed it onto his head and looked at me for assurance, "Better?" 

I ended up laughing . Seriously? Why do celebrities think they can wear a simple hat and not be recognized?! He blushed, " Is it not working?" I simply smiled at him, "Could be worse. The cap could be neon."

After the movie, Minho and I went to a nearby ice-cream shop. "Did you like the movie?" he attempted to start a conversation. I nodded with enthusiasm, vividly remembering my favorite scenes of the comedy. He chuckled, "You sure did laugh a lot." I pursed my lips into a tight mischievous smile, "Is there a problem with my laugh?"

"It's a bit too nasal for my taste," he joked vivaciously. I pretended to be offended, "Fine I just won't laugh around you anymore." Minho didn't believe me and kept on with his joke, "Good, don't laugh." I looked at him with big, puppy eyes. My lips quivering and threatening to sob. But he still wasn't buying it. I lowered my head melancholically and kept silent.

After a couple of seconds of just staring at me, Minho realized that I wasn't going to talk and began to believe my charade. "Laila..." he called out to me but I didn't respond and avoided his eyes. He stood up and slid into the booth, beside me. Then, he abruptly began to tickle me. I began to laugh hysterically and flailed around underneath him. Minho took both of my hands into one of his, and tickled me with his remaining hand.

"Oppa stop," I pleaded gasping for air, "People are beginning to stare." Minho stopped tickling me and instead kissed me swiftly. I looked at him with a shocked expression, still absorbing what had happened. Minho shrugged it off nonchalantly and took a spoonful of my ice-cream, "Let them stare. Anyways, I like your laugh," he pinched my nose, "No matter how nasal it is."

I frowned and swatted his hand away, "My laugh is not nasal!" He chuckled in amusement, "Sure it isn't."