A Simple Greeting

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

"Oppa," I held my hands out defensively, "It's not what it seems." Onew raised his eyebrows in a suspicious manner, "So you're not pregnant?"

"Um, er, no. That part is true," I admitted. I grew worried that I told him as soon as I did. I was afraid he'd tell Taemin and I couldn't let Taemin find out. Not anymore. Onew frowned, "Does he know?" I nodded in response. "When are you going to tell him?" he asked in a disapproving tone. It was kind of harsh, but I wasn't expecting otherwise. "I'm not planning to," I said firmly, trying to convince Onew -and myself- that it was not a big deal. However, I saw that it had the opposite effect as his eyes widened in shock, "You're not going to tell him! That's crazy! Why not?!"

I quickly placed my finger before my lips, "Shh! Will you please not yell?" Onew kept silent, yet his shocked expression remained, "Well? Why not?" I sighed and  ran my hand through my hair, "I have...personal issues that I need to work out first," I lied. Onew didn't seem to think that was good enough reason, "This isn't something you should take lightly, Laila. It should be your priority."

"It is my priority," I argued, "Oppa, we just broke up." Onew frowned, "Now? Just now?" I sighed and nodded. Onew frowned harder, "I'm going to talk to him?" He began heading towards the door and I blocked the doorway, "You can't! He's going to marry somebody else. I'll just be a burden. Please let me deal with this myself. Please don't say anything until I can get myself together."

He stood before me, glaring at me with hard, cold eyes that eventually softened. He sighed, rubbed his temple with index finger and thumb, and looked at me with tired and forgiving eyes, "Okay. Fine. Just...just take care of yourself, okay?" I nodded and smiled slightly, relieved at his resolve. "Don't strain yourself," he added, "And don't hesitate to call if you need anything or if you feel bad. Okay?" I nodded once more and thanked him before he left the room.

The next day I went to the hospital and the doctor recommended that I take prenatal vitamins. I got the medicine at a nearby pharmacy and noticed that while leaving there was a strange man following me. I entered a cafe just to see if he would follow me in but he stayed outside. Still suspicious of him, I bought bubble tea and a muffin and sat inside. I would occasionally glance nonchalantly out the window and see him scribble something down in a note pad.

He was seriously the weirdest stalker I've ever seen. We ended up making eye contact. He proceeded by calling somebody on the phone and then leaving. I finished my bubble tea and muffin in peace, but set foot outside the cafe cautiously.  Once I was sure that there was nobody watching me, I sauntered home. The next day, I took my car to the garage to get it's oil changed and to give it a wash. I entered the store and was looking at some cute hello kitty key chains when the windpipes above the door chimed, announcing an incoming presence. I looked up at the door and saw the same man from the cafe.

For some unfortunate reason, it took three hours for my car to be ready. I walked around the neighborhood going in and out of stores, and everywhere I went, that man followed. I wondered if he even knew I knew. Probably not since he just kept following me. When my car was ready, I quickly drove home.  Then on my way home, I noticed a black car tailing me. Guess who was driving the car? "Are you kidding me?" I muttered in disbelief. I didn't try to lose him, at this point I realized it was pointless. When I pulled over in the driveway he drove  slowly before the house.

Weeks passed and I began to see Taemin less and less at home. Which was a bit fortunate in my case since I was getting a bit bigger due to the pregnancy. Jonghyun and Key thought I was just getting fat while Onew actually knew what was happening and Minho just didn't notice.  I figured everyone knew that Taemin and I had broken up already because they didn't mention him around me. I also supposed that they knew about his marriage arrangement.

One night, after finishing my shift at the jazz bar, I was hanging out in my dressing room by myself when Minho came to see me. I saw him enter as I was looking into the mirror and then turned to greet him. We kissed each other on the cheek, something we've been doing for a while now. I've gotten used to it and it's pretty normal for me since this kind of intimacy wasn't strange where I come from. Key was warning me about it a few days before. He had said that although for me it may only be a greeting, Minho may feel that it's something else. I ignored it, thinking that he was over analyzing things. 

Anyways, I turned back to the mirror and peeked at him from there, "What brings you here?" He smiled sincerely, "I just wanted to see you." I grew curious, "You see me everyday." His smiled faded but his eyes began to dance, "Not like this." I frowned in confusion, "Like what?" Minho walked towards me and swiveled my chair in order to have me facing him, "Alone." His voice was low and husky with an emotion I recognized as desire. It made my insides stir.

"Why alone?" I asked nervously. I was surprised to find that my own voice was husky as well. He smiled but this time his smile was different. I looked at his perfectly designed, Apollo like features and into his big, glimmering eyes. His smile was not the sincere, sweet, and handsome smile that was usually portrayed by friendly Minho. It was a lustful, slow, and y smile that introduced me to seductive Minho.

"I want to be alone with you," he said, still smiling, "Is that bad?" I exhaled slowly to try and calm my bursting heart and emotions and to hide from him that he was making me nervous, "I don't mind." My heart was about to pop out of my chest. He began to lean towards me and in the blink of an eye his forehead was pressed to mine, "Good." Minho's lips curled themselves gently around mine in a soft kiss. 

 After a couple of seconds, he pulled away and looked into my eyes for some kind of response.

The only response I had was to make his lips meet mine once more.