Honeymooning

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

It was early morning when Taemin and I arrived at Maldives. "Hey," he shook my shoulder to wake me up, "Wake up. We're here." My eyelids fluttered open as I took in my surrounding, it was almost dawn and there were people getting off the plane, "Let's go." Taemin took my hand and led me out of the cabin, and into the pick up area. Once we got our suitcases, we walked out of the airport and saw a mad holding a sign with his name on it. Taemin led me to the car and helped me in. He closed the door behind me and stood outside talking to the driver, obviously not wanting me to hear anything. I was thinking about rolling down the windows a bit for some fresh air, but he opened the doors and slid in beside me. 

"What was that about?" I asked curiously. He chuckled and draped his arm over my shoulder, "Filling him in on what will happen if the media finds out we're here." "Oh," I nodded, "You looked a little threatening." He laughed melodically, "Thanks. I get it from my mother." His mother? At that moment I realized that I had never met his mother. "What's your mother like?" I probed for information. "Hmm, lets see," he looked out the window in wonder, "If I had to describe my mother in one word it would be...unappealing." Unappealing? How could he say that about his own mother?

The rest of the car ride was in silence, as I remembered what went on when we met the guys at the airport. 

"Did you know this would happen?" I was talking to Minho in the waiting room, chewing  on a muffin. "Somewhat," he replied comically, "I just didn't see us happening. I felt that your feelings towards me and your respect for me, kept you from Taemin. Like I was somehow holding you back." I frowned and undressed my muffin, "I don't get it." He sighed heavily, "Think of it this way. Sometimes when you'd think of Taemin and get funny feelings inside you, you'd stop yourself thinking, 'I'm with Minho now, I shouldn't think about him,' and because of me you never got to think and remember."

Although he had a point, I would never blame Minho for not remembering Taemin. He was a good boyfriend and I'm sure he'll find a very nice and worthy girl. "What are you smiling about?" Taemin kissed my temple and rubbed his cheek against my head. "I'm just happy," I replied. I turned to look at him and he smiled back, "Me too." 

When we arrived at the hotel, Taemin led me to the reception desk with a firm grasp around my waist, "I've reserved the honeymoon suite." The lady behind the big, marble desk typed something into the computer, "Please wait a moment as we get an to take you to your reservation." Taemin nodded and I watched as a man took our suitcases somewhere. 

We sat on the plush couches of the lobby and stared at the ceiling. It had cherubs and angels and looked like a sky. "I feel like I'm in heaven," I smiled as I looked at it. He lifted my chin with his index finger and gave me a quick peck on the lips, "Anywhere you are is heaven to me." I felt the urge to kiss him, so I did. I tangled my fingers in his soft, gorgeous hair and pressed his lips against mine. 

I felt as he tightened his arms around my waist and pulled me deeper into the kiss. Mmm, heaven indeed. "Ahem," Taemin and I pulled away breathlessly and looked at a man who was standing before us, "You're suite is ready Sir." Taemin nodded and stood up. "Madam," the madam the man nodded at me and turned around, gesturing for us to follow him.

We arrived at at the edge of a wooden dock where a motorboat was waiting for us. The water was blue and clear, it was truly beautiful in the morning light. "These are the keys to your suite, the number is 3. Your suitcases were already taken there. I'm sure you'll find everything to be at your comfort." Taemin smiled at him, "Yes, I'm sure we will." I eased my way into the boat and started the engine. Purr baby, purr. "Thank you so much," I waved at the man. Taemin jumped into the boat, "You know how to drive this." 

I threw my head back and laughed, "You seem to forget that I study engines and automobiles. Plus I'm from the Caribbean, we do things like these all the time." He sat down on the seat beside me as I eased us away from the dock and towards the cabanas, "You always seem to surprise me."

 

I eased the boat to the suite's dock and Taemin tied it. He jumped out of the boat and helped me out as well. The suite was a gorgeous wooden bungalow covered with dry hay on the roof. The inside was actually bigger than how it looked on the outside.  At the east wing of the house was the living area, it had a television and some comfortable and exotic couches.

To the east of the house was a dining room and towards the north, was the bedroom. There was a giant, round bed in the center of the room, it faced two big double doors that led to a pool and some lawn chairs. The view was incredible; the Indian Ocean was blue and the horizon seemed endless. I jumped on the bed and stretched out in it's comfort. "Tired, baby?" Taemin curled up beside me and kissed my temple.

"Mmhm," I responded as I let the comfort take over me. "I know you are," he replied softly, "It was a long day. Sleep." He got up and I turned to him, "Where are you going?" He placed his hands in his pockets, "Outside, I have to make a few calls."  I nodded and felt my breathing slow down as slumber took over.

 

I woke up to bright sunlight beaming through the tall glass doors and the first thing I did was look around for Taemin. I found him on a beach chair, beside the pool. He was wearing white chinos and a white button up shirt, his hair was wet and dripping onto the pages of his book. "You shouldn't just leave your hair wet like that," I grabbed a towel from the pair set up by the pool and placed one on his head, "You'll get sick." 

He put his book down and stood up to wrap his arms around my waist. "You've been sleeping for a while now," he smoothed my bed-head down, "It's almost two hours past noon. Why don't you go take a shower and we'll go eat." As if on cue, my stomach grumbled very loudly causing Taemin to have a fit of laughter and me to blush and head straight for the shower. 

I had on a white dress and sandals, purposely matching with my boyfriend as we walked into the dining hall together. Taemin and I were seated outside by the ocean. "I noticed you have you're couple ring," Taemin smiled at me and I felt my face heat up as I looked down at my hand, "I can't believe you kept it all along." I nodded and sighed, "There was just something keeping me from getting rid of it." "There's so much I want to talk to you about," he stood quiet for a couple of seconds, "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?"

"I-I don't know," I confessed, "I guess I thought it would look like I was just trying to tie you down. Plus you were getting married, and I didn't want to be the other girl who was stupid and not careful." "I wasn't careful, and I'm sorry," he held my hand in his, "And I'm sorry about your miscarriage." My eyes wandered sadly towards the sea, "I never did get to grieve properly for our baby, did I?" 

"Laila," I turned to look at him, "Let's have lots of babies." I giggled as I felt my skin flush, "What are you talking about? We're too young to be talking about having babies. Anyways, I'm not a baby making machine I won't give one to you everytime you feel like having one." Taemin's head fell back in laughter, "Ahahaha! You're so cute! Hahaha!"

Taemin and I conversed about many misunderstandings during our lunch. After that we headed back to the bungalow to swim around in the pool a little. As we walked from the dock towards the entrance, I decided to be a little mischievous. "Tae, who needs a pool when you have beautiful, clear, sea water all around you?" Taemin's expression was a confused one as I pushed him into the water and followed after.