The Bigger Man

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

Minho's POV

"Woah!" I felt my mouth drop slightly as I took in the gigantic size of the ballroom. I closed it right away to keep my flaming charisma. "Oppa," Laila gripped my hand tight to get me to look at her, "This ballroom is really big!" I smiled at her cute expression but composed my structure, "Well, it's alright." She looked up at me with her big, light brown eyes, "You don't seem so impressed."

I shrugged, "Well I've seen bigger." Laila threw her head back and let out the cutest giggle. A waiter came around with a tray of champagne and we both took a glass. I took a sip of the liquor and tasted some real high quality stuff. As I looked around I began to see the high class of South Korea. Big business owners whop showed of their million-dollar wives. Young girls around my age, all beautified with plastic surgery and good-for-nothing young men who have had everything handed to them from a silver platter.

"What a crowd," I muttered under my breath.I noticed a scumbag had his eyes on Laila and I slung my arm possessively around her. She smiled up at me and leaned her head against my chest. Her eyes however looked distraught and tired, "You want to dance?" I smiled at her and nodded yes. Just for you. I brought her to the dance floor and bowed like a gentleman and she curtsied with a giggle. I pulled her closer by the waist  and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Her smooth hair had strands that slipped out of her bun and it glistened against the dim lights of the chandelier. I pulled her closer and took her scent in while nuzzling my face into her hair. She rested her head against my shoulder and I felt bliss with the woman in my arms. In just a year I had seen her grow before my eyes. She was shy and her gaze was pure, she had taken my breath ever since she stepped out of the car.

And now she was mine.

And I've never been happier.

Laila's POV

Taemin and Hina's engagement ceremony was wonderful, I had so much fun because I danced so much. I got to spend time with each of my boys.

Dancing with Jonghyun:

"So my first anniversary with Jooyoung is coming up," he smiled at me sincerely, "I can't believe it's been a year."

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I cupped my mouth as soon as I said that. Then I tried to play it off casually. "You know, a female friend, one that I could hang out with and do girl stuff."

"What? You don't like my companionship?" he smirked.

"Woah," I shook my head at the incoming memories of Jonghyun, and tried to avoid his gaze, awkwardly. "You okay?" he asked nicely. I nodded my head and his smile grew bigger, "You wouldn't happen to know what gift I should get for her, would you?" I smiled innocently and fluttered my eyelashes, "I have no clue." Jonghyun frowned and pouted, "Come on! I know you know something!"

The song ended and everybody began to clap for the band. "Girls love diamonds Jong, that's all I can say," I walked away from him, chuckling to myself.

Dancing with  Onew:

"Ow," I said for the upteenth time after Onew stepped on me, again. "Sorry," he muttered as he tried to focus on synchornizing his steps with mine, "1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4" I heard Onew whisper to himself. 

"I think he'll learn to like you. I already think you're cool," he said as he playfully nudged my shoulder. 

Crap. I blinked my eyes furiously in order to come back to reality. What is it with all these memories? They don't even tell me anything! Looking at Onew, I found he was still counting his steps. I giggled and watched his ears turn red, "Oppa?" He looked up questioningly, "Neh." I giggled some more and pinched his cheek quickly, "Oppa is so cute!" 

"Mwo?" Onew was surprised at my action and smiled in confusion. I began to laugh and he couldn't help but laugh with me. I felt something knot in the pit of my stomach and I gripped Onew's shoulders as a memory forced it's way in.

"Sorry" I said.

"It's okay," he said. He stood there analyzing my face. I could see he had very nice features, he had really nice cheekbones, interesting looking lips, and his hair looked fluffy. "Are you new here? I haven't seen you around, most of the people that go here went to the same high school. But I can't recognize your pretty face" he said bluntly.

I blushed at his compliment and he smiled, "I am new" I admitted.

"Oh, well then, welcome" he flashed me a dazzling smile, "I'm known as Kai."

"Oh my gosh!" I held my head in my hands and Onew began to panic. "What's wrong? Did I step on you again? I'm so sorry!" he began to mumble things frantically. "Oppa..." he didn't respond but was walking away instead, "Yah! Onew oppa!" He came across some ice and placed it in a napkin cloth, "Here, use this to-" "Yah! Lee Jinki!" His face grew startled and he stared at me in surprise. I sighed and rubbed my throbbing head, "I'm trying to tell you something. I think...I think I'm beginning to remember things."

Onew dropped the napkin and ice cubes began to slide all over the place. "Jeez! Oppa, react!" I bent down to pick up the ice cubes but he grabbed my hand and yanked me back up, "What have you remembered?" I shrugged, "Nothing big, just little snippets of conversation. And how I met Kai." Onew's jaw dropped, "Nothing big? This is a big deal! We've been waiting for you to remember things for months now!"

"Come on, lets go tell the others!"  he dashed forward with my hand in his, and suddenly I took my hand out of his grip. "What's wrong?" he asked, a little confused. "If it's okay with you, I rather not tell the others, yet," I spoke softly and avoided his eyes out of embarrassment. "Okay. If you don't want to, I won't force you to," Onew stuffed his hands into his pants, "But tell me when you have more memories, okay?" 

I nodded, "Thank y-" "There you are!" Our heads snapped towards Key's voice, who was making his way over, "I've been looking all over for you Laila! Let's go get some drinks." Key placed my arm in his and dragged me away from Onew. He led me to a bar and filled two glasses up with wine, his a little more full than mine. "You know, I basically raised this kid, " he pointed at Taemin, and he surprised me, "And now he's getting married. I don't even think he wants to get married. Not yet, at least."

Key took a painful gulp of wine and smiled sadly, "He's all grown up now, and he's making his own decisions. I still feel like I should take care of him though. I don't know...actually, I think it's because I don't like the decisions he's been making. I know something's wrong with him, there's sadness all over his face. But when I ask him to open up to me, all he does is smile and say 'I'm okay Hyung.' He won't even trust me anymore."

Sadness all over his face? I looked back at the crowd and spotted Taemin. He was smiling and shaking hands with a group of men, he looked busy, not sad. I examined his face and eventually his eyes met mine. My heart began to beat faster and I lost my breath. Weird, this doesn't really happen with Minho...

His eyes ripped away from mine a little too soon and I began to feel empty. Key poured himself another glass of wine and I began to drown in my own glass.