Chemistry

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

I sat up on the cold hard cushion of the MRI bed. "Good job Laila! Next to the machine is a bag of clothes. Put those on and we'll get someone to you to the doctor's study," I heard a soft, female voice bargain with me through a loudspeaker in the big enclosed room. I looked around me and spotted a white and red paper bag. I reached inside it without looking and pulled out a blue pastel dress with a thin brown belt across the waist. "Cute," I mumbled as a smile spread onto my face. I slipped out of the hospital gown and into the dress swiftly. Then I put on a pair of tan flats that I had also found in the bag.

I flattened my hands against my head and successfully managed to tame it. After concluding that I looked decent, I stepped out of the MRI room and into the wide hospital hallway. The first thing I saw was him. The guy with the dark, burgundy hair. He had one arm across his chest and the other one was resting on the first, cupping his chin as if her were thinking deeply about something. Another boy, one with fantastic cheekbones and eyeliner noticed me and nudged the burgundy-haired boy towards me. He stood, confused for a second until he finally saw me. When his eyes met mine, I felt all the hairs on my body stand still. My breath began to hitch and my skin began to flush. I looked away and bit my lip nervously. Seriously, why is this happening to me?

He sauntered towards me and held his hand out to me with a captivating smile, "Come." I looked at his hand, fussing over whether to accept it or not. Do I trust him? I looked up at hin and he abruptly grabbed my hand allowing a sudden current of electricity flow through my body  while leading me towards the other boys. I stumbled behind him, looking at his profile. He had very attractive features, almost like that of a girl's. The boys stiffened as we stopped right in front of them. We stared at each other...well, more like I stared at them while they all looked at me, awkwardly. After a few seconds of silence, I inhaled deeply and smiled, "Annyeonghaseyo." They all smiled and chuckled. The short one with the crooked smile pinched my cheek, "Aigoo! She's still adorable."

"We should probably introduce ourselves again," said the one with eyeliner, "You know considering you don't remember us and everything? I'm Kim Kibum, but please, call me Key." "Key," I repeated softly. Next to him stood a tall guy with big shimmering eyes that were looking straight into mine, "Choi Minho." I felt my face flush slightly and we both smiled at each other. "I'm Lee Jinki, you can call me Onew. Onew...oppa," said one with a charming smile, "Because I'm older than you." I snapped my fingers together and nodded in realization, "Of course, oppa." The one who pinched my cheeks waved at me, "I'm Kim Jonghyun. I'm married."

We all looked at him with questioning looks until he defended himself, "What? You remember what happened?" The burgundy-haired boy beside me sighed, "Oh my gosh. Hyung that's not going to happen again." They began to debate amongst themeselves. Jonghyun beamed with pride about his looks. Minho said he looked better. Onew whined and said he was hungry. Key was telling everyone to shut up. And Taemin tried to get all the attention back on me. Taemin. The guys stopped speaking and looked at me with shocked eyes. "What?" I asked very confused.

The burgundy-haired boy smiled brightly at me, "You just said my name." I tilt my head in even more confusion, "Taemin? Didn't you just tell me your name?" He shook his head and the other boys shook their heads with him. "Oh," I pouted while thinking, "I guess memories will come to me slowly." 

Later that day, we arrived at a wide house of two storys. When I walked in, I was surprised at how familiar and at home I felt. "How long have I been here?" I asked without looking behind me. "You've been staying with us for almost a year now," I recognized Onew's voice. Feeling something tickle the open top of my feet, I look down and see a kitten curled up below me. "Oh my gosh!" I beam at it's irresistable cuteness, "How cute!" I held it up to my chest and cradled it in my arms, "Who's is it?" 

Taemin rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at me shyly, "It's yours." A surprised expression grew on my face as I began to wonder what her name was. "When did I get her?" I asked him curiously. "It was a Christmas present," his smile grew sad. "Present? From who?" I grew more curious. Taemin's hands dipped into his jean pockets and he began to rock back and forth on his heels, "From me." 

"From you?" he nodded and smiled cutely. I began to wonder what my relationship with these guys were, especially Taemin. The way he looked at me and the way I felt under is gaze. I recalled the current I felt in my body when he held my hand earlier. What is it about you Lee Taemin? I sat down on the couch with the kitten and her fur gently. Minho plopped himself down next to me and on my other side, Jonghyun did the same, "Seems like you remember Juliette." I shook my head in response, "No. But she's sweet." I looked at Minho and saw that he was scrutinizing me. "What's wrong?" I asked a bit nervous under his gaze.

He inhaled through his mouth, "I was just curious as to how you managed to remember Taemin's name." I shrugged, "I don't even know." He frowned slightly, "I guess your bond must be stronger than I thought." I frowned in confusion, "Taemin and I have a bond?" "You and Taemin are in love," I looked up and saw Key standing a few feet away from us. "What?" I couldn't help the shocked look that masked my face. "Wow, way to let it out Kibum,"Jonghyun defended me, "Can't you see she doesn't remeber anything?" 

"Well then how do explain her remembering Taemin's name?" Key crossed over and bent down so that we were face to face. The he balled up his hand and knocked it against my head lighlty, "There must be something left in here." I swatted his hand away and stood up, placing Juliette down gently behind me. Then I went up the stairs and instinctively ended up in my room. I slumped down on my bed and hugged my pillow. Is it true that he and I are in love? Is he my boyfriend? Why hasn't he tried anything boyfriend-like? All these thoughts swarmed my head.