The Age Old Question

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

Taemin and I cuddled near the fire place of the mansion of a beach house that belonged to Jooyoung and Kai's family, as soft music embraced the room. "Minho hyung has been out for quite a while now," he glanced at his watch, "It's almost night time." I threw my head back in a small fit of laughter, "Are you seriously worrying about Minho?" Taemin's cheeks began to tint. "He's a grown man, Tae," I stood up and crossed my legs, "He can take care of himself." He smiled and stared at the fireplace, "I'm just curious..." I frowned and tilted my head in confusion, "Curious? About what?"

Taemin shifted and glanced at his watch once more, "He's been jumpy and excited lately. Like he's been waiting for something. The only time I ever saw him like this was...well, when he was dating you." I felt myself blush scarlet as I was reminded that I had dated Minho. And then it dawned on me where Taemin was trying to get. "Ohmygosh!" I slapped his arm, "Minho has a girlfriend!" He jumped in excitement with me, "I know! I wonder who it is!"

We stood up holding each others hands in a thoughtful mood. "I want to know what she looks like," Taemin let go of one of my hands and gripped the other, dragging me across the living area and into the garage. Jooyoung and Jonghyun were pulling in with the Jeep. "Hi guys!" Jooyoung chirped, "Heading out?" She walked gingerly towards me, her hand on her hip and her five months of pregnancy showing gracefully. Jonghyun kissed her on the cheek and went inside with their bags.

"You look nice Jooyoung," I brushed her hair from her face, "It's nice to see you starting a family." She frowned and narrowed her eyes, "It's been hell!" I laughed and hit her lightly on her arm, "How can you say that? You look lovely." She smiled, "It's exciting!" Speaking of exciting! "Omo! Taemin and I are going to town to spy on Minho," I leaned in secretly, "We think he may be out on a date." Jooyoung's eyes widened, "Omo! That is news indeed. Keep me informed."

Taemin and I took Jonghyun's jeep and drove quickly to town. Summer nights were gorgeous by the beach, the moon was shining beautifully against the ocean, and it was a breathtaking view to behold. Taemin began to slow down as we approached town. We looked from side to side, searching for a tall, dark haired man. "Omo! I found him!," Taemin speed pass a street, turned the corner, and parked the car sloppily. "I didn't get to see him," I pouted and crossed my arms. "I had to speed by so that he wouldn't see us," he got out of the car and walked around to open my door, "Come on."

Taemin and I wore costumes  to hide our identities. He wore a long, black wig, and a trench coat. I wore a fedora, a mustache, and a jacket. We knew we looked ridiculous, but this was for a good cause. Minho sat in the corner of a cafe/restaurant, glancing at his watch from time to time. Taemin and I ordered water and told the waiter to give us 60 minutes to order.

The door chimed open and Taemin and I turned our attention to a picturesque female that was strolling into the restaurant. She had long hair, and thin red lips. Her skin was milky white, a bit to pale for somebody who lived by the beach. We watched as Minho hurried out of his seat, "M-Maerin, " he stuttered like an idiot, "Right here." She smiled shyly and her face began to redden. Typical flaming charisma effect.

"What do you think?" Taemin asked me, still looking at the couple. I smiled at him, "She's really cute. I think they suit each other very well." I turned my attention to Taemin and he reciprocated, "What do you think?" Taemin breathed deeply and sighed, "I think I've met her before. Probably the last time we were here. So this must have been happening for a while now."  I felt my mouth shape itself to an "O".

Taemin and I decided to leave the cafe and probe Minho on his date later on. As soon as we arrived, Jooyoung summoned me up to her room and whipped me with questions. "Maerin?" She placed a manicured finger on her chin, "That sounds nice." "Mmm," I agreed, "I like the way it sounds." I glanced down at her protruding belly and smiled as I placed a hand over it. "It must be a nice feeling," I smiled happily, "You and Jonghyun must be so happy."

She smiled and nodded, "We are. We have so many hopes for our child." I felt my head tip sideways, "What's it like? Marriage?" Jooyoung pouted, surprised by my question. She tapped her chin five times as she thought about her answer. "Jonghyun and I have always had a bond. Like a ribbon that ties us together. However, sometimes we'd feel the ribbon coming apart or loosening up. Now that we're married, it feels like the ribbon is a part of us. Like an organ that we can't live without."

"Woah, girl," I stared at her in awe, "That's deep." Jooyoung giggled, "I just think everything is easier, now that we're married. We used to argue a lot because he would get jealous all the time and so would I. We still do get jealous, of course, but it's much easier to deal with now that we traditionally belong to each other."

"Marriage sounds sweet," I replied softly. She began to shoot daggers at me with her eyes, "When did he ask you?" Am I that easy to read? "About a month ago," I replied shyly, "I just think we're too young." Jooyoung patted me on the head, "Honey, you guys are crazy about each other. Plus you guys have your whole life ahead and think about how nice it would be to spend it together. Just follow your heart."

I couldn't sleep that night, debating my answer to the age old question. It was around four in the morning, when I decided to just go downstairs and make some tea. And he was there. Already sipping gracefully on a small cup of tea. He smiled as he watched me approach, "Good morning."

And that was enough to make my heart skip a beat. His smile, his voice, his warmth. It was admirable. His love, his desire, his passion. It was all for me. This beautiful Adonis loved me and only me. After all we've been through, after so much time apart. He only ever looked at me. It would hurt if he ever stopped. If I were never to receive such a warm greeting from him ever again. I wanted him in my life for as long as I could keep him.

"Yes," my lips parted into a smile as I skipped over to hug him and kiss him deeply. "Yes what?" He exhaled and grinned foolishly.

I giggled with joy, "Yes I'll marry you."