His Fiancee

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

 

I sat up on my bed and began to think aloud, "Don't be such an idiot. How could he be in love with you?" I crawled to the foot of my bed and took a good look at myself in the mirror. Light, fair skin, light brown eyes, and long brown hair. I wasn't unattractive at all. But still, Taemin was probably out of my league. I stumbled off of my bed and walked outside my room, careful to close my door quietly. I tip-toed downstairs and began to walk towards the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring. 

I shuffled over to the main entrance and opened the door. A pretty girl with dark hair and rosy cheeks stood outside, "Annyeonghaseyo." She bowed politely and I smiled slightly, "May I help you?" Her eyes moved from my face to whatever was behind me, back and forth, "Is Taemin oppa home?" An unwelcomed feeling sprouted in my stomach but I kept the smile on my face, "Yes. Please come in." We walked inside to the living room, she sat down and I offered her some tea. "No, thank you," she declined politely, "My visit here will be quick." I nodded and took a good look at her.

She had very pretty clothes, very expensive too no doubt. He manners were exceptional and so were her looks. I shifted uncomfortably on my feet, "Well, I'll go get Taemin." I shuffled out of the living room and walked up the stairs. Who was she and what was her relationship with Taemin? A sour look took over my face as I slumped around in the hallway. Which room is Taemin's? As if on cue, he walked out of his room with a towel draped over his head. 

"Hey," I walked up to him, "There's some-" "We need to talk," he cut me off and dragged me into his bedroom."Well, can't it wait?" I asked a little annoyed, "There's some girl downstairs who wants to see you?" His eyebrows furrowed and his lips pouted in thought, "A girl?" I nodded my head and he thought for a couple of more seconds. Then he shook his head as if to get whatever it was out of his head and looked intensely into my eyes. "I need to know," his voice was low and husky, "how you feel about me." 

I inhaled deeply and tried ignoring the butterflies in my stomach, "What do you mean?" I knew exactly what he meant. I felt it in every layer of skin. He smiled and stepped closer to me. I stepped back into a wall and looked up at him, "What are you doing?" Taemin's thumb began a trail from my temple to my chin and kept silent. He just looked into my eyes, intensely. As much as it made me uncomfortable, it made me feel secure. I opened my mouth to say something and was surprised to find that my breath had hitched, "Don't look at me like that." 

"Like what?" he placed his hands on either side of me and pressed his body against mine. "Like that!" I squirmed underneath him and tears began to pool in my eyes, "Listen. There's a girl downstairs who's waiting to see you. I'll forget about this. Just let me go-" "Shut up," he cut me off once more and I looked at him in disbelief. "Excuse me?" my voice was shaky and weak. 

He intertwined his fingers in my hair and pressed his lips against mine. I smacked my hand against his chest and tried to push him away but the freaking bastard was sturdy. I found myself eventually giving in. I wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed him back. Every fiber in my body told me that this was right. It felt right too."I don't get it," I sobbed, tears finally streaming down my face, "I don't know what to believe anymore." He spun me around on my heels and began to wipe away my tears with the back of his hand, "Just believe me." His voice was pleading, it was desperate and it tugged at my heart with such force. My Taemin. "Why?" I snapped at him, "Why should I believe you? I barely know you!"

"That's not true! Look!" He grabbed my hand and pointed to a ring on my middle finger. Then he lifted his and showed me the other part of the pair. "They're couple rings," he said softly while shoving his other hand in his pocket, "I bought these for us a couple of months ago." My heart began to pound madly in my chest. "So it's true," I exhaled deeply, not realizing that I had been holding my breath, and smiled slightly, "We are in love."

He pulled back after a giving me a brief hug and pressed his forehead against mine, "I'm sorry." I took sometime to catch my breath, "For what?" He took my hand and pressed it against his cheek, "For everything."

Although I had no idea what he was referring to, I was caught up in the moment so I nodded. Taemin smiled and kissed my forehead. Then I remembered the girl who was waiting for him, "Oppa, the girl..." He looked at me a little confused before a look of realization came upon his face, "Oh, right." We walked downstairs side by side and arrived at the living room. 

"Oh! Hina? What are you doing here?" Hina stood up immediately and crossed over to him. She placed a hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes, "Oppa, you haven't called me ever since we had dinner in Hong Kong. I was beginning to worry about you." Taemin looked at her apologetically, "Oh. Sorry about that. I've been busy."

Hina piped up and hugged his arm, "Since I'm already here, why don't we go watch a movie?" Taemin stepped out of her embrace and took my hand to pull me forward, "Hina, I'd like you to meet Laila." Hina eyed me up and down and smiled a smile that didn't reach her eyes, "Pleasure." She held her hand out and I shook it uncomfortably. I looked at Taemin and he began to speak, "Laila. Hina is my-" "His fiancee," she cut him off and took her place by his side, "I'm Taemin's fiancee."

"Fiancee?!" I basically choked on the word. She smiled nicely at me and nodded. I plastered a smile on my face, as best as I could, "Taemin never mentioned a fiancee." I shot daggers at him with my eyes, keeping the smile on my face, "Good for you." Taemin parted his lips to speak, but he ended up saying nothing. He averted his eyes, "Why did you come here Hina?" His voice was cold and strict. Hina's smile faded as she seemed to note the change in his mood, "You haven't called in days. I've been worried. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"Well as you can see all is well," he grabbed her arm and began to pull her towards the door, "Thank you for your visit." Hina tugged back and retrieved her arm, "Promise you'll call more often." Taemin glared at her and she looked him straight in the eye. Suddenly it felt as if I were intruding. I couldn't stand being in her presence. The more I look at them the more it seemed they were meant for each other. It's as if they were royalty; the charming prince and the beautiful princess. "I don't have to promise you anything," Taemin snapped  and finally pushed her through the front door. 

I watched as he place both hands against the door, his head hung low, and his shoulders heaved up and down as he calmed himself. My eyes began to sting. I felt used and thrown away like a tissue. "That's no way to treat your fiancee," my voice was dry and icy. He turned to me with sweet and sorry eyes, "Laila..." But he couldn't say anything. He had nothing to say. Tears pricked at my eyes and my heart sunk deep into my chest. I inhaled loudly and exhaled slowly. So this is how it ends. 

I took the ring off my finger and placed it on the table by the entrance before stalking off to my room quietly.