Confrontation

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" I gripped Taemin's hand in mine and he squeezed it. my cheek with a determined expression in his eyes, he shook his head, "No, this is something  I have to do alone. Besides, you're needed here." I nodded my head and kissed him goodbye, "Get here safely okay?" He nodded and drove off after I stepped out of the car. A cold draft of air caressed my cheek as I crossed my arms in worry. I hope he'll be okay. I watched as the car headed off, and as soon as I couldn't see it anymore, I turned around and entered the hospital.

It had been months since I'd been here, and I was beginning to feel quite guilty. He didn't get much visitors, and he was only a kid. I scolded myself for not visiting him more often as I walked through the familiar hallway. I entered his room and saw his frail body, small when compared in size to the thin hospital beds. "Shin," I felt myself gasp for air as tears began to sting my eyes. The familiar beeping sound of the monitor made me nervous and comforted me at the same time, since it showed that he was still alive.

I sat down beside his bed and watched him sleep for sometime. His lips were pale and his cheeks had sinked in. There were also dark circles around his eyes which completely horrified me. To see such a young life almost...dead. "Jane noona..." I heard him whisper and he squeezed my hand. I caught myself chuckling because he still called me Jane, "I'm here Shin. Jane noona's here." Shin closed his eyes and breathed deeply, "I missed you." I felt my brows furrow in sadness and I placed my other hand over his. "I really missed you," a tear escaped his eyes and I rubbed it away with my thumb. 

"Jane noona's here Shin. I'm here. It's going to be okay. Relax," I stretched over him to kiss his forehead and I noticed his shoulders sink lower. The room became eerily silent for quite awhile, so I began to talk about things that had been happening to entertain him. "Hey Shin! Want to know about noona's dramatic life?" I asked enthusiastically. Shin's lips tugged upwards and he nodded slightly. "Well turns out noona's boyfriend was being forced to marry another girl, and noona was devastated. Noona grew depressed and tried to date another man in order to get over her ex-boyfriend who was to be married. But one day, noona realized that she really loved him and nobody else. So she went to the wedding hall in order to tell him how she feels."

"Then what happened?" Shin asked softly, his eyelids falling. I felt a tear stream down my face and I quickly wiped it away with my sleeve, "Noona and the guy ran away together." Shin giggled softly and turned his head towards me, "I'm happy for you noona."  Once again the room became silent. Shin's eyes were closed and his chest rose slowly. "Sleep well, Shin," I got up and kissed his forehead. I was almost out of the room until I heard him call for me, "Noona." I turned around and walked back to him, sensing apprehension and fear in his voice, "What's wrong Shin?"

"It hurts," I saw his face scrunch up, "It really hurts noona!" He began to cry and twist around on the bed, "What hurts? Shin what's wrong?" I began to panic when he didn't answer me and a just kept crying and turning. I ran out of the room and into the hallway, "Nurse! Nurse! Please help him!" A young nurse scurried past me into the room and injected him with a tranquilizer serum. "His vital signs are low!" she said calmly, "We have to take him to the operating room immediately." Suddenly, a handful of nurses and doctors commenced to place Shin in another bed and roll him out of the room. 

My body began to shake with anxiety and my legs collapsed below me.  God please let him be okay.

Taemin's POV

"You're just angry because this marriage would have put your life of luxury at ease," I rolled my eyes with impatience, "I bet if it were any other girl, you wouldn't give a damn." My mother slammed her desk with fury and her face reddened, "How could you say that? How could you be so selfish? Did you not think of your father? I know you don't like me but what about him?! He's fought so hard to give you the life you deserve, the life of a prince. Are you just going to let it rot away?"

"Umma," I looked her in the eyes, "The money I'm making now will be sufficient to keep this lifestyle. Don't wor-" "That damned girl!" she bellowed angrily, "She should have died in that accident! I should have made sure of it!" My mom turned towards the window and tapped her foot impatiently. I squeezed my eyelids in disbelief and my voice rose, " You should have what? What did you do?" 

"Don't be silly, Taemin," her voice was edgy but remained calm, "Do you think cars naturally drive at 60mph in the streets of Seoul? Please." I sat forward on the edge of my seat, "You tried to kill her?" My mother stayed silent for a while and avoided my eyes, "Well I wasn't going to let her stand in my way."

"You're incredible," I stood up and whipped my phone to show her I was recording the whole thing, "Mother of the year award goes to yours truly." My mother's eyes widened with shock, "What are you planning to do with that Taemin? You wouldn't turn your own mother in to the police, would you?" I scoffed angrily, "Mother? Do you think you have the right to call yourself that? Did you change my diapers, feed me, burp me, put me to sleep? Did you ever come for me at night when I used to cry about having nightmares and such? "

She stood still and stared at me with eyes that showed no emotion. "I seriously doubt that you have a maternal bone in your body. So get this through your head. You may have given birth to me but I am not your son. Will I turn you in to the police? No. But next time you decide to interfere in my life and put those I love in danger, don't expect me to back down so easily." With that said, I stormed out of her house and drove off to collect Laila from the hospital.

Laila's POV

I sat in the waiting room patiently and waited for the doctor to come out with the results of the operation. I grew nervous every minute and my hopes would rise every time I saw somebody in scrubs pass by. "What happened?" I heard a familiar voice nearby and turned to find Taemin walking towards me. With out hesitating, I threw myself into his arms and began to cry, "I'm so scared!" 

He held me tight and my hair, "It'll all be okay,baby. He'll be fine." I sobbed into his chest and spoke incoherently, "You don't understand! When I saw him he was so weak and frail. He's just a child Tae, a child!" Taemin held me silently, whispering the same, sweet words that crooned me to sleep that evening, "It's going to be okay. Have some faith. He's going to be okay."