Another Bowl of Rice

Love Should Go On [Sequel to I'm Not Even Pretty]

Laila's POV

I saw Minho walk towards us as Taemin and I shuffled out of the latter's room. After greeting me, he then called Taemin over. Taemin's warm hand released mine and he went over to Minho to speak of something that I knew I was not supposed to be a part of.  I had a sense that it was highly important matter, but I was too busy thinking about ways to comfort my empty stomach. So, I skipped down the stairs and searched the pantry for Juliette's food. Afterwards, I sauntered over to the kitchen and found Key focusing deeply on his cuisine.

"It smells good in here!" I jumped into the empty space beside him, slamming my hands against the marble counter in the process. Key jumped back and looked at me in shock, a hand on his pounding heart, "You almost ruined breakfast." He said accusingly. 

I grimaced at his dramatic flair and inhaled deeply. For some reason, although I ate regularly, I had been feeling very hungry all week. Seeing all the food was making made my mouth water. "Oh my gosh, I'm so hungry," I muttered as I inhaled the pleasing scent once more.

"You're quite perky this morning," Key wiggled his eyebrows, "I wonder why? Does Taemin has anything to do with it?"

As my cheeks began to heat up, I slapped his arm lightly, "Shut up." He chuckled while moving his shoulder up and down, congratulating himself on his successful revenge. I strode over to the dining room and began placing the utensils in place on the table. Onew walked in and greeted me, "Good morning!"

I looked up and was surprised to find that my vision was blurry and that I saw two of him, "G-good morning." Onew's expression grew wary and he tilted his head in an inquisitive manner, "Are you okay? You just paled up a little." He asked, sounding worried. 

I nodded and made up an excuse for my condition, "It's probably my anemia. I guess I looked up too fast." Onew nodded, his eyes still in a concerned fashion, and decided to help me with the utensils. 

"GOOD MORNING!" a voice boomed from the entrance. Onew, Key, and I peeked out from the entrances of the rooms we were in. A dinosaur-like man with a goofy, crooked smile strutted towards the kitchen but stopped as soon as he saw me, "Laila! You're back!" He pulled me against him and held me in a gentle and careful hug. I was so thankful that it wasn't as air tight as last night's. 

Key crossed his arms and shifted his weight to one hip. "What are you doing here?" He asked rudely. 

Jonghyun smiled nonchalantly, "I'm here for breakfast of course."

Key frowned and waved a spoon in the air, "Aren't you married? Go eat breakfast at home with your wife!"

"But I really missed you Yeobo," Jonghyun pouted and Key groaned in defeat. I rolled my eyes and went back inside the dining room with Onew. I could still hear both of them in the kitchen. "Now I have to cook more," complained Key. 

Onew laughed and looked at me, "Those two, eh?" He joked.  I giggled and nodded my head.

Suddenly, I fell to my knees clutching my light, out-of-air head. Onew was instantly by my side, "Are you okay?!" He asked, concerned. 

It seemed that Taemin had walked in because a few seconds later he was at my other side asking the same question. After squeezing my eyes various times and balancing my vision, I shrugged off their arms and stood by myself, "I'm okay. I'm just really hungry, that's all." 

"Hungry?" Onew stared at me in disbelief and then quickly glanced at Taemin, who, after hearing that I was just hungry, was bringing food to the table with everybody else. As Onew's eyes found mine, I shrugged, showing him that's the only excuse I had to it. His concerned and mature air left him as he stared at the food before him. I savored the rice slowly as I watched Minho scarf his food down. I found myself chuckling because it was amusing how much he seemed to concentrate on his food when he was hungry.  

I looked down, surprised by the small clang coming from my bowl. I had always eaten one bowl of rice, never needing any more. However, today, I felt different; my stomach begged for more. 

I peeked around to see if anyone was paying attention and scooped another spoonful when I thought it was safe. But, of course, someone had noticed. Key leaned over and whispered, "You usually never eat two bowls. Is everything okay?" An unexpected emotion of frustration came over me and I looked at him with an annoyed look in my eyes and whispered back almost angrily, "Can't I just eat? Maybe I'm really hungry." He held his hands up in defense and nodded, "Okay, okay. Calm down Ms. Mood Swing. Eat more kimchi too." He placed kimchi on my plate and I pouted at his nickname for me. I was not moody.

I hesitantly pushed the bowl of rice away, then watched as Minho grabbed the bowl and began eating from it. I gasped in horror and pouted. 

"You were gonna eat this?" he asked with a surprised look on his face. Seriously? Why does it surprise everyone that I want another bowl of rice! I faked a smile, "No. Of course not. Eat." He continued eating without hesitation and I turned to the kimchi on my plate. As I held the kimchi close to my mouth, I smelled it an my stomach began to churn. Maybe another bowl of rice was a bad idea. I placed the kimchi and my chopsticks down.

"Are you finished?" Key asked in disbelief. I nodded and he frowned, "You hardly even touched your kimchi. How is it that you are able to eat another bowl of rice but not kimchi? You love kimchi!" 

"Do you watch me eat or something!?" My head snapped up and I glared at him. Suddenly, everything was silent and all eyes fell on me. I regained my composure and began to apologize, "Oh my. Oppa mianhae. I didn't mean to snap like that. I guess I've been very crabby and picky lately. Mianhae."

Key placed his hand gently on my shoulder and accepted my apology. I decided to place the kimchi in my mouth and chewed it slowly, it's juices flowing in my mouth. After swallowing, the churning in my stomach was replaced by a familiar feeling in my chest.

I hurried to the bathroom to throw up.