Chapter 8 (Memories)

Jung Daehyun! Give me back my phone!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I managed to reach on time, at the clinic. I took a sit and rest as I was panting from exhaustion. I felt a vibration at my pocket, I took out my phone and saw that I got a text from Daehyun.

“I’m almost done.”

“Since when did he like to text me so often.”

Few minutes later,

“Mi Rae, Is that you?” I looked up to the owner’s voice. I got up from my sit immediately when I saw who it was. My bestfriend, Choi Yura. She was with a Jin Hee, holding her hand.

“Yu..Yura? How.. I mean why you are here?” I tried to fake a laugh.

“Oh, Jin Hee caught a cold so I’m bringing her to see the doctor.” Jin Hee, is Yura’s 5 years old cousin sister.

“Jin Hee, remember Mi Rae Unnie?” Yura asked.

“Oh.. Angel Unnie~” Jin Hee ran towards me and gave me a big hug. I carried her in my arms as the sweet little girl with her pony tail tied up hugged me tightly. Not trying to self-praise but Jin Hee thinks I look like an angel, I don’t know why.

“Angel Unnie, I took good care of your ‘Heart’, You see ^^ ” She lifted her hand, a black bracelet was  wrapping around her wrist, there was a round shape pendant with the word ‘sarang’ carved on it. The design of the bracelet was simple but it had a story behind it.

“Wow~ Good job Jin Hee!” I ruffled her hair.

“But you did not take good care of yourself.”

“I got Unnie’s ‘Heart’! I am strong!” She did a strong pose.

“HAhahaha! Aigoo, you’re so cute!”

 “Mi Rae-ah.. It’s been awhile since you left.”

“Neh.. All because of that stupid job of mine.”

“Let’s hangout sometime when you’re free. Maybe you could take me visit the place where you work in.”

“Mwo?! I mean.. erm.. Oh.. neh..”

“What’s with the stuttering? Did they treat you well?”

“Yes.. they did..”

“Hmm.. I’m feeling something fishy behind this.”

“Just don’t worry about me, I’m totally ‘Enjoying’ my job.” I fake a laugh.

“Arrasuh, Well then, I guess I have to get going. I need to finish off my assignments before it’s due tomorrow..”

“Haha, alright then. See you soon, let’s hangout sometime.”

“Obviously, I need to catch up with you, especially about your JOB”

“Neh, Anneyong Jin Hee ..” I waved goodbye at the both of them.

“Now, where is this JUNG DAEHYUN.” I muttered impatiently as I crossed both my arms.

-

{Daehyun’s POV}

I was done with my checkups and now I am waiting in line for the clinic’s toilet. *Why the heck do they only have 1 toilet when their clinic is so big!* In front of me stood a girl around my age, waiting for someone. Luckily, I had my mask put on so that no one would recognize me.

“Yah, are you done yet?” The girl asked impatiently.

“Almost done..” A young girl’s voice could be heard over the door.

*Gosh~ Please Hurry up, I need to Pee..*

Thank God, the toilet door opened, a young girl with a ponytail walked out of the toilet. Her eyes met mine, but in a swift motion, she looked back at her sister.

“Come on, Let’s get going.” Her older sister patted her head.

As they start to leave, something familiar caught my attention. There it was, on the young girl’s wrist, a black bracelet with a round pendant on it. I froze at my spot as I couldn’t take in what I was seeing. It had been awhile since I’ve seen that bracelet. He didn’t know how to react as he saw the two girls left. After coming out from the toilet, memories starts to flash through his mind.

Flashback

{No one’s POV}

6 years old Daehyun was helping his dad in taking care of their hardware store in Jeollanam-do… (Daehyun was born there and moved to Busan) . He was a mischievous little boy and often get kicked out of class because of his playfulness. That is why he didn’t attend the kindergarten on that one morning. He was left alone in the store as his parents were out to collect some payments. The door of the hardware store opened, footsteps began to enter the store.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter