Chapter 14 (Mianhe..)

Jung Daehyun! Give me back my phone!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few hours later, the crowd of fans had retreated back to their homes. I appreciate their gratitude towards me, but honestly It was too much to take it. Especially when Zelo pointed a few pink banners that wrote “I SHIP HEROINE WITH DAEHYUN OPPA!”.  *Me with him?..Pshh..If only they knew his real attitude..*

I was astonished with the reaction of the crowd. They even had gifts and flowers of gratitude for saving their idol’s life.

I lied on my bed as I was all alone in the room. BAP had went  for their music video shooting. Feeling bored, I decided to walk out of the room to get some fresh air. As I walk around the hallway, the nurses and other patients were giving me their BRIGHT SMILE. Some ahjummas even asked me to sign and take pictures with them, to prove that they had the correct heroine. It wasn’t really necessary but I felt a bit embarrassed of the situation.

 Few minutes later, I managed to escape from the ahjumma crowd. I came to a room where it was painted in bright colours, it must be a children’s room. I was walking around the room as I was fascinated with the children’s painting.

Suddenly the door opened, children came running in. Surprisingly, the children were all bald.

 “You must be the volunteer for today.” A nurse came in. *Aish! Didn’t she see today’s news?*

“Mwo? Ani.. I’m a patient here.” I said as I pointed at my head.

“Yea, some patients are volunteers as well.”

“What volunteering work is this?”

“A performance for the young children, everyday, we will have a few volunteers to come to perform for the young kids. As you can see these kids are diagnose with cancer.” I felt my heart fell as I tried to take in what she had just said.

“You..mean all these kids are having cancer?”

“Neh. If you would volunteer to do a performance, I’m sure the children will be glad and happy. ”

“Arrasuh. I’ll volunteer.” Thinking of what to sing as vocals was the only choice I have. I asked some assistant from the nurses to help me find the karoke version of the song I needed.

“Anneyeong little ladies and gentlemen. I’m Choi Mi Rae, I’m a patient here like the rest of us here. Today I’m going to present my favourite song for all of us. No matter how bad or worst the situation might be, remember that someone will always be there for us and never give up in your dreams.” I was surprised with what I’ve just said. My heart was pounding loudly as I feel all eyes were on me. *This is just great Mi Rae, you’ve attained another crowd to notice you.*  As the music started playing, the children stopped talking and were all focusing on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3aSsIxwsE

“When I’m left all alone at the end of the earth

Without knowing, tears keep flowing

When you feel alone even when you’re with me

Don’t be sad anymore, now hold my hand

 

* It’s alright, you can rise up again

Even if the cold rain comes, even if the strong winds blow

Don’t worry, you can overcome it

If we’re together, we can do it

 

** Now I will stand behind you

I will always protect your side

I will be a ray of light that shines brightly on your path

Let’s be strength to each other

Us together

 

EVERYTHING’S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

EVERYTHING’S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

OH OH OH OH OH

EVERYTHING’S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

EVERYTHING’S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

OH OH OH OH OH

 

When I was alone, wandering in the darkness

I couldn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter