Chapter 28 (Not so good.)

Jung Daehyun! Give me back my phone!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day seemed long as I was waiting alone outside of the doctor’s room. I didn’t want Yongguk oppa to come because it might create curiosity between them if he and I suddenly left the dorm. I felt a light joy in my heart when I got to know that there’s a cure for my eyes.

"Yah! Where the heck did you went?" I got a sudden call from Daehyun.

"Buying some ingredients for tonight's dinner of course."

"Why didn't you asked me to come along with you?" He whined through the phone which made me giggled.

"I needed some Me-time alone. You're invading my free time." I joked.

"Is this how you treat your boyfriend?"

"Are you using that BOYFRIEND word against me?"

"Hey you're quite a genius, maybe you can beat Youngjae to it."

"Haha.. Don't be silly."

"You sure you don't need me there?"

"YES." I felt a tight squeeze in my heart as I lied to him. *I really need you here with me.*

"Fine. The boys and I are going out to the gym. Do you need me to be home before you come back?"

"Aniyo, I'm fine by myself. Daehyun, it's not the first time I'm doing this."

"But-"

"No Buts. Listen, I got to go now, I'll call you later, arrasuh?"

"Alright. Mi Rae-ah."

"Neh?"

"Saranghae." He hung up, leaving me sitting there dumbfounded with my face going red.

“Choi Mi Rae-ssi?” The nurse finally opened the door and called out my name. I stood up and walked into the room with a hopeful heart. I greeted the doctor and took a seat, opposite him.

“Mi Rae-ssi, as you know you might have a cure.” I nod in response. “But there is good news and bad news to it. Which would you prefer to know first?” *Great, there’s BAD news.*

“The good news please.”

 “Alright, surgery is needed in order to treat your eyes. There are only a few expertise that could only perform this surgery but unfortunately in Korea, no one is qualified yet. So that is why this surgery can only be performed in the US because there is a sufficient of equipment. Well, the good news is that there is a doctor from the US who just came down to Seoul yesterday to have a meeting with the other department, he is Dr.James. Dr.James is an expert in diagnosing vision problems, he’s been in this area for almost 4 years and you can say that he is one of the most experienced one. I’ve manage to book an appointment with him. Could you make it?”

“What time is it?”

“Maybe after this, it would be better if you would know about it as fast as possible.”

“Neh..” He dialled the doctor’s number, informing him about my appointment with him. I had to meet him in Grand Hilton Hotel, where he was currently staying, in room 108.

“So, erm… what’s the bad news?” I asked silently after he put down the phone. He took a deep breath and looked at me in a serious manner.

“This process is a 50-50 chance of you getting back your vision.”

“Neh?” I was a bit confused with what he was trying to tell me. *50?*

“Which means it’s either you will get healed or the other way round.” I slumped back to my chair.

“Is there any other way?” He shook his head.

-

“Is this the correct place?” Yongguk oppa asked as the both of us stepped into the hotel. He was wearing an OBEY hoodie with jeans, his blonde hair was covered with his hoodie. I can’t believe he still insisted to come with me after knowing that the chance of me getting cured was only 50%. *I’m happy to have him by my side.* He lied to the others saying that he had to meet with his mother.

“I guess so.” We walked over to the lift where it was located beside the information counter. I felt a presence of a few following behind us. Yongguk oppa que

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter